http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 10:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung 19in LCD 8ms  (Read 2422 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2005, 05:38:22 PM »

OK blatantly stolen from Ralph Wiggum at OO, Got Apex has a deal through Buy.com for a Samsung SyncMaster 915N 19" LCD Monitor with 8ms Response and 700:1 Contrast for $214.99 after Rebate with FREE Shipping.

This sounds like a superb deal for what I know is one of the most popular gaming monitors today. So my question to you guys is this: I know I am going to buy a new monitor, its just a matter of when, and whether its this or the 20.1in Dell Widescreen. Any thoughts? Is it worth waiting for a deal and spending 160ish more for 1.1in and widescreen? Please help with any thoughts.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 06:50:03 PM »

I just ordered the Dell Widescreen last week. Hoping to have it next week. I'll let you know what I think once it arrives but I do know I have a few friends who have it and swear it's the best purchase they ever made for their computers.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 06:51:49 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
I just ordered the Dell Widescreen last week. Hoping to have it next week. I'll let you know what I think once it arrives but I do know I have a few friends who have it and swear it's the best purchase they ever made for their computers.

Ok darkel I also heard that this monitor is also max 1280x1024 which is probably a dealbreaker for me. Very anxious to hear about your monitor, I am hoping to get it the next time its on sale.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 07:07:18 PM »

I hate rebates and have no credit card.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 07:21:15 PM »

I'm impressed at the prerebate price for this monitor. I sort of, kind of, wish my monitor would die just so I could get this one.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 08:41:22 PM »

I ordered mine for right at $400 plus I got 0% interest on it till 2007
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:54:38 PM »

See, I have no credit, or I'd think about that. biggrin
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 09:13:49 PM »

Got my Dell Widescreen during the Summer.  Nice monitor if you get a good one.  I didn't have a single dead pixel, but some of them have a lot of light bleed around the edges.

It's a fantastic monitor for both work and play.  I only use it for games and it does the job quite well.  It doesn't have to run in widescreen, or you can have it stretch automatically if a game isn't native widescreen.  It stretches it a little, but it isn't that noticable to me.

I'm very happy with the purchase.  Don't recall what I paid, but it listed for over $700 and got it in the $400 range.

I have also purchased a pair of Samsung monitors (15- and 19-inch) which are stellar, but they are older and dont' have the super-fast refresh required for smooth gaming.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 02:27:22 AM »

Yeah I'm also planning hooking up my xbox360 to it.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 02:57:49 AM »

One of the main reasons why this is super attractive to me too DarkEl-it would do the HD modes for the games right out of the box right?
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 02:41:27 AM »

Did anyone ever pick one of these up?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 03:01:00 AM »

Quote from: "Kagath"

I believe that some wacky shit went down and Buy.com reneged on this deal-but I am not positive.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 05:43:41 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"

One of the main reasons why this is super attractive to me too DarkEl-it would do the HD modes for the games right out of the box right?

I think we'll have to buy the monitor adapter as the xbox360 won't include it - but yeah I'm counting on being able to enjoy the full HD experience on the monitor.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 07:57:44 PM »

Quote from: "Kagath"

I believe that some wacky shit went down and Buy.com reneged on this deal-but I am not positive.

Yes...they cancelled all orders and relisted it without the $60 rebate.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 04:11:24 AM »

Ok darkel I also heard that this monitor is also max 1280x1024 which is probably a dealbreaker for me. Very anxious to hear about your monitor, I am hoping to get it the next time its on sale.

Got the new monitor last week. feels sturdy, looks stylish on my desk and the picture is outstanding. Playing World of Warcraft and Half Life 2 in 1680x1050 is pure joy.  Even my wife was blown away by how good WoW looked on the new montor stating that it looked almost like you could stick your head into the monitor and look around in there.

Only downfall is that the fixed 800x600 resolution of the main CG site sure leaves a lot of empty space in that browser window now - ah well just give me more incentive to hurry up with the redesign.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 04:14:48 AM »

Congrats on your new monitor it sounds really nice.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 04:33:52 AM »

Got the new monitor last week. feels sturdy, looks stylish on my desk and the picture is outstanding. Playing World of Warcraft and Half Life 2 in 1680x1050 is pure joy.  Even my wife was blown away by how good WoW looked on the new montor stating that it looked almost like you could stick your head into the monitor and look around in there.

Only downfall is that the fixed 800x600 resolution of the main CG site sure leaves a lot of empty space in that browser window now - ah well just give me more incentive to hurry up with the redesign.

I finally, after literally two weeks of looking every day, saw this monitor on sale again for about 460$ or so, which is a little more than I want to pay-I am hoping to get it for low 400's if not another super 375$ or so deal-either way, I want it now!! Glad you are enjoying yours-no pixels, ghosting, fade in issues I hope?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: