http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rock Band DLC - 1100 tracks on sale  (Read 447 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »

To celebrate the 5-year anniversary of the series, Harmonix is putting 1100 Rock Band tracks and albums on sale for half off.  The discounts will be available for XBox, PS3, and Wii.  Cheapass Gamer has the full list and details about when the deals will go live.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »

Like I needed a reason to buy MORE tracks.   Sigh...where's my wallet.....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 06:45:36 AM »

tempting, but with them not really releasing replacement instruments anymore (and places asking crazy prices for what is still available) I'm holding off on any new DLC.  you'd think after nearly 2 years they'd do a new batch of instruments.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 07:15:04 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 22, 2012, 06:45:36 AM

tempting, but with them not really releasing replacement instruments anymore (and places asking crazy prices for what is still available) I'm holding off on any new DLC.  you'd think after nearly 2 years they'd do a new batch of instruments.

Still rocking the ION kit here - that's most of what I care about.   

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 22, 2012, 07:15:04 AM

Yep I bought a Roland set that was quite expensive but one of the best purchases that I've made.  Extremely fun with Rockband. 

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »

Ditto. I think Harmonix' best decision was to make the ION kit compatible with electronic drum kits. I was able to expand the number of cymbals by using Pintech electronic cymbals with no problem at all.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:47:47 AM »

Quote from: raydude on September 24, 2012, 01:28:35 PM

Ditto. I think Harmonix' best decision was to make the ION kit compatible with electronic drum kits. I was able to expand the number of cymbals by using Pintech electronic cymbals with no problem at all.
The ION holds up really well.  I've had to change out the yellow cymbal twice in 5 years.  Can't argue that.  biggrin   Got a picture of that Roland, shon? 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 01:36:05 AM »

Here is my set, a little hard to take pictures since I moved it into my back bedroom which is my music room.  I did go overboard but it's just so much fun to play.  I have it setup so that I play through a drum amp so I can hear what I'm actually playing instead of the game drum sounds.  I also have software that let's you do flams and other tweaks so that you can play the songs as you normally would with real drums.  If you do play a lot then I would suggest upgrading to at least a Roland TD6.  I had a friend who played on the IONS with his son for a couple of years and then I sold him my set and he is in heaven now.  I upgraded to a little bit better set but the mesh heads really do make a difference.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: