http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 05:28:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Xbox 14.99  (Read 851 times)
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:12:19 PM »

hey, another one at Ebgames.com - i didnt check if the non-xbox versions were the same price.  and again, new for 14.99, or you can pay more for used at 17.99 ?

i personally hated this one as i felt they completely destroyed the fluid, responsive and engaging combat system of the first.  really, all it made we want to do after about 30 minutes was go fire up the original.  but, hey if you wanted to check it out, there it is
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 11:42:19 PM »

Damn Cube version is still $19.99.  That is the only one I would consider.  The others are so friggin bug-ridden I would not give $5 for them.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 03:57:43 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
i personally hated this one as i felt they completely destroyed the fluid, responsive and engaging combat system of the first.  really, all it made we want to do after about 30 minutes was go fire up the original.

And then you rediscover the sheer wonder, beauty, love, passion, and action of the great first one that was all completely ignored in the second one. I'm worried the upcoming third one is a cookie-cutter of WW, to which I say, "Fuck that, Ubi."

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 04:08:33 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
And then you rediscover the sheer wonder, beauty, love, passion, and action of the great first one that was all completely ignored in the second one. I'm worried the upcoming third one is a cookie-cutter of WW, to which I say, "Fuck that, Ubi."

From the interviews and articles I've read about the latest games it is apparent that the developers realized that people loathed Warrior Within, the brooding prince, and the inane Godsmack soundtrack.  Now whether they decide to actually do anything about it remains to be seen.  Still, one can only hope they realize getting rid of all that crap will automatically result in positive buzz and fond memories of Sands of Time.  That said, I think they are continuing with the "Dark Prince" stuff.  Ubi knows how the kids love their XTREME!  Why stop with the leather thong chicks, let's just have bare-breasted amazon women?  Alright, I started out positive and now find myself all upset about the travesty that was Warrior Within.  Hey, the screenshots sure look nice, don't they?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 12:26:38 PM »

I actually liked the combat MUCH better in WW and that is why I like it more.  I liked the look and magical quality of the first, but hated the combat.  Seemed so limited compared to the second imo.  Platforming-wise they both rocked.

Oh, and the music-I agree.  That music in WW is just plain ignorant.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: