http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 02:18:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper Mario free after $20 gift voucher at EB  (Read 2031 times)
stolazi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2005, 03:22:43 PM »

Thanks to CAG for this.

Paper Mario:TTT for $20:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242782.asp?siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-9E4xjuEdVFoUtNG9zNFN7Q

The current EB catalog has a $20 mail in gift voucher for Paper Mario.

Supposedly, the deal is good at EB B&M as well.

Been waiting for a price drop on this one. Free will certainly work.  biggrin
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:20:15 PM »

Hmm what I need is a rebate on Psychonauts so I can pick that bad boy up!!
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 03:53:07 AM »

I might have to jump on this, even though I have WindWaker still sealed, waiting for me.  I do have some credit that I've been eager to use...

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 01:52:37 AM »

thanks Stolazi!  Free - which it is if you shop at EB anyway - is Free!  Never wanted to play the game until now, lol... :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 02:04:08 AM »

The link brings me to an error message on their site, and the new version of the game no longer appears to be listed at all. Perhaps as a result of this deal?

Oh well. If I recall correctly, they don't ship to Canada, anyway. That, or the shipping's ridiculous. ;P
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 04:11:39 AM »

An email just went through to all the stores this morning.  Seems that the $20 price is valid, but the $20 rebate doesn't work in conjunction with that price.  The rebate works with the price of $50 the game was at when it was printed, but they won't be honoring it if you get the game for $20.  Just a heads up.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 04:47:55 AM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
An email just went through to all the stores this morning.  Seems that the $20 price is valid, but the $20 rebate doesn't work in conjunction with that price.  The rebate works with the price of $50 the game was at when it was printed, but they won't be honoring it if you get the game for $20.  Just a heads up.

YAY!! Go EBGames!!
 :roll:
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 05:39:37 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Quote from: "Chaz"

YAY!! Go EBGames!!
 :roll:

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 10:45:09 PM »

This deal isnt on their web site anymore, but a BM EB near me has it in stock.  I'm going to push the envelope and send in for the rebate anyway (yeah, Im a real wild man).
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 01:47:33 AM »

If you can buy Paper Mario 2 for $20, that's a steal. It's a teriffic game.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 05:36:56 AM »

I picked it up on the way to work yesterday.  Cross your fingers, maybe they will send me the rebate.

Now I need to hook up the N64 and play Paper Mario first.  Geez, this backlog is killing me.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 07:57:11 AM »

Other than gameplay similarities, there are no storyline connections (as far as I know) between the Paper Marios, so you'd be fine starting with the Gamecube one.  I rented the original, but never finished it, but I will definitely downloading it when Revolution comes out.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 04:01:50 PM »

I figured that, but it gives me a reason to play the earlier game.  Im probably going to play Paper Mario, then Mario & Luigi, and finally move on to Thousand-Year Door.

I wouldnt mind being able to finish Super Mario Sunshine, but that game gets really stinkin hard once its about half done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: