http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 03:23:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New PC game sales at CC - Crysis for $30  (Read 2275 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:29:31 PM »

According to Cheapass Gamer, Circuit City will have Crysis, SimCity Societies, Call of Duty 4, Timeshift, and Hellgate : London on sale for $39.99 starting 11/11. With Crysis, you also get a $10 gift card, effectively bringing it down to $30. They also have the PC version of Viva Pinata for $30.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:30:33 PM »

Wow, that's awesome.  Looks like I'll try to grab Crysis through CC. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »

sweet news.  thanks for the heads up.  this makes the giant dent in my wallet that much smaller.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on November 08, 2007, 09:29:31 PM

According to Cheapass Gamer, Circuit City will have Crysis, SimCity Societies, Call of Duty 4, Timeshift, and Hellgate : London on sale for $39.99 starting 11/11. With Crysis, you also get a $10 gift card, effectively bringing it down to $30. They also have the PC version of Viva Pinata for $30.

That is frigging awesome. Ignoring the fact that Circuity City is criminally bad in getting games on time and actually putting them on shelves, I am still all over this even if only to PM at best buy. Crysis and 10$ gift card towards the new SupCom maybe. Excellent.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »

It's not much of a sale, but Target will have the Supreme Commander expansion for $37.99 starting 11/11.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 01:22:31 AM »

But will CC have it in stock???

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 03:13:26 AM »

Quote from: PaulBot on November 11, 2007, 01:22:31 AM

No, I guarantee they won't or will only have three copies. Just print it out and price match.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 03:22:36 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 11, 2007, 03:13:26 AM

No, I guarantee they won't or will only have three copies. Just print it out and price match.

The only problem is that I'm pretty sure price matching doesn't extend to bonuses like Gift Cards.  So while BB should honor the $39.99 price, I don't expect them to cough up a $10 gift card as well. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 05:13:01 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 11, 2007, 03:22:36 AM

Quote from: Calvin on November 11, 2007, 03:13:26 AM

The only problem is that I'm pretty sure price matching doesn't extend to bonuses like Gift Cards.  So while BB should honor the $39.99 price, I don't expect them to cough up a $10 gift card as well. 

I think you are most likely right Kevin-however, for me-unless its not available in the Bay Area, Fry's is having a 39.99 Assassin's Creed sale and a 37.99 Crysis sale. I am going to go by there first thing Thursday morning and hopefully get those two awesome games at great prices! There is something else this week too, right? Uncharted right? Is that Friday? Good god, and then Mass Effect the 20th? Something is going to have to give. Thats counting out Pro Street and College hoops too.

As Charlie Brown would say: Good Grief.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 11, 2007, 05:13:01 AM

There is something else this week too, right? Uncharted right? Is that Friday? Good god, and then Mass Effect the 20th? Something is going to have to give. Thats counting out Pro Street and College hoops too.

As Charlie Brown would say: Good Grief.

and don't forget about Rock Band on the 20th as well.  so many awesome games...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 06:19:44 PM »

As we were commiserating in the Hellgate thread about CC's miserable PC shelf conditions these days, you'd probably want to either order it online for in-store pickup (which they seem reliable about arranging in my experience), or ask at the service desk (they just don't bother to put new PC games on the shelves much anymore, nor do they bother to remove pre-order boxes, which sit and rot on their shelves months after a game's release  thumbsdown).

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 11, 2007, 06:19:44 PM

As we were commiserating in the Hellgate thread about CC's miserable PC shelf conditions these days, you'd probably want to either order it online for in-store pickup (which they seem reliable about arranging in my experience), or ask at the service desk (they just don't bother to put new PC games on the shelves much anymore, nor do they bother to remove pre-order boxes, which sit and rot on their shelves months after a game's release  thumbsdown).

I second that (as stated in the other thread)

FYI, for those of you close to a FRY's the will have both assassins's creed and Crysis on sale for $39 starting on Thursday.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 04:24:54 AM »

Quote from: Dunamis on November 12, 2007, 12:29:32 AM

FYI, for those of you close to a FRY's the will have both assassins's creed and Crysis on sale for $39 starting on Thursday.

Love having a Fry's within 5 minutes of my office. icon_biggrin

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 04:37:54 AM »

Hey don't be trying to take my credit for the deal, I wrote that two posts up!!  ninja
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 06:06:24 AM »

I think it's worth waiting a day to save $20 on a 360 title...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 06:21:31 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 12, 2007, 04:37:54 AM

Hey don't be trying to take my credit for the deal, I wrote that two posts up!!  ninja

ACK!  Oops  icon_redface

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 06:57:45 AM »

damn.  that just made my preorder copy weep.  too bad those dudes at gamestop are too lame to price match.  oh well, fry's will get my business, or maybe best buy will on tuesday and pricematch post thursday.  that's a nicer way to do it.

i'll still check cc, but considering they still suck in my area, i doubt they'll get any copies.  if the deal works online, i'll do that instead. 

with ac, crysis, and smg, this is going to be an expensive week.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 12, 2007, 06:57:45 AM

damn.  that just made my preorder copy weep.  too bad those dudes at gamestop are too lame to price match.  oh well, fry's will get my business, or maybe best buy will on tuesday and pricematch post thursday.  that's a nicer way to do it.

Gamestop won't price match Fry's Electronics due to them putting up games below retail (like Assassin's Creed this week) just to draw you in. I don't blame them, either.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 06:08:38 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 12, 2007, 01:39:51 PM

Quote from: Caine on November 12, 2007, 06:57:45 AM

Gamestop won't price match Fry's Electronics due to them putting up games below retail (like Assassin's Creed this week) just to draw you in. I don't blame them, either.

D-gamestop won't match anyone, period. I am not sure I blame them, but I sure as hell won't shop there.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 07:51:12 PM »

no, i don't blame them either.  it's hard out there for a little guy when the big stores can deal with loss leaders.  eh, not my business, so i'll take advantage of the sales when i can. 

the little statue will be missed however.  it's worth $10 more to me, but not $30.  hell, that's the end cost of either crysis or smg! 

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »

Bestbuy will  pricematch no problem.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »

F-ing CC.  Just stopped by on lunch.  The PC game shelves were in disarray, a C&C3 pre-order box was still on the shelf, Crysis was not on display, the help monkey knew nothing about Crysis, the help monkey was convinced the Crysis pre-order box was the real deal until I held the words "Pre-order" six inches away from his eyes,  Crysis was not behind the Customer Service counter, AND they did not have it in back (no shipment).

Plus the website doesn't show it in stock at ANY CC's around me.

Bastards.  I'm surprised this company survives.
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 08:30:53 PM »

Just a heads up that the Crysis price is a printed mistake.
It's supposed to be $59 with a $10 gift card.
I went and got the game and went to pay and get the GC when the manager came out to the cashier with the sheets stating that the ad was wrong. They gave it to me anyway, but YMMV on getting this deal.

Best bet is to PM the ad price of $39 at BB.
Doubt you'll get the GC, but it's still cheaper.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:33:53 PM by stimpy » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on November 14, 2007, 08:30:53 PM

Just a heads up that the Crysis price is a printed mistake.
It's supposed to be $59 with a $10 gift card.
I went and got the game and went to pay and get the GC when the manager came out to the cashier with the sheets stating that the ad was wrong. They gave it to me anyway, but YMMV on getting this deal.

Best bet is to PM the ad price of $39 at BB.
Doubt you'll get the GC, but it's still cheaper.

Interesting.  Already pricematched at BB since CC didn't have it in yet.  The BB customer service clerk looke rather dubious and told me that price matching didn't include gift cards but I pointed out that the ad said $39 *before* gift card.  He scrutinized the ad closely but gave me the price match so I'm not complaining. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »

their online ad lists the full price for the regular version at $49, so i think that's what the manager meant, ie $40 after the gift card.  the ce is $60 regularly, and $50 this week.  maybe they intended a $10 sale by way of GC. 

ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on November 14, 2007, 06:01:45 PM

F-ing CC.  Just stopped by on lunch.  The PC game shelves were in disarray, a C&C3 pre-order box was still on the shelf, Crysis was not on display, the help monkey knew nothing about Crysis, the help monkey was convinced the Crysis pre-order box was the real deal until I held the words "Pre-order" six inches away from his eyes,  Crysis was not behind the Customer Service counter, AND they did not have it in back (no shipment).

Plus the website doesn't show it in stock at ANY CC's around me.

Bastards.  I'm surprised this company survives.

Actually, a lot of the leadership just jumped ship...since this occurred before the big sale season, this can't bode well. 

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:12 AM »

Well I will officially will never set foot in CC again after today. I bought a monitor from them last week-it was good, but had a few serious issues and I returned it as defective (because I thought it might be). Even though it is defective and California has rather stringent consumer protection laws, they insisted on charging me a restocking fee on a monitor I had had for 5 days, was in pristine condition, and was somewhat defective. They would under no circumstances budge, and while I didn't raise my voice or ask for their main office number (I knew it would do nothing), I am furious. 60$ wasted, and I will never, ever, not in a billion years, set foot in CC again. Yes, I could have likely known this might happen by being a little bit more aware in the buying process, but when literally no other B&M store has it and I have returned stuff there for many years without a hitch, I didn't think to do it. Anyways, I dont know when things turned around where Best Buy was actually the good company, but they pricematch stuff, give me deals on coupons, have good deals, and have reward zone points. Fuck CC, forever. Gah.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »

I hear ya.  I never go in there anymore myself.  Best Buy, to my surprise, has slowly emerged as one of my favorites lately.   

But EB and CC irritate the hell out of me.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 12:58:08 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 14, 2007, 09:53:38 PM

their online ad lists the full price for the regular version at $49, so i think that's what the manager meant, ie $40 after the gift card.  the ce is $60 regularly, and $50 this week.  maybe they intended a $10 sale by way of GC. 

I stopped at a second CC on the way home.  The counter monkey was just taking Crysis out of the shipping boxes.  He told me they received them at 2pm.  He rang up the standard edition and it came up 49.99.  I pulled out the ad and he changed the price to 39.99 and gave me the 10 GC.

This explains why the game rang up at 49.99.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »

i got a really lucky break at bb last night.  i had the cc ad as they didn't have any copies on the shelf (big surprise), and when the clerk saw the ad and that it said $10 gift card, the manager told him to just make the game $30.  biggrin

bb also matched the fry's $40 sale for assassin's creed and the cc $10 strategy guide. 

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 02:09:09 PM »

As I thought, I had to go to Best Buy because my local CC still did not have it in stock.  Also bought CoD4.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: