http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for best price for the official Playstation magazine  (Read 1272 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 06:14:20 PM »

hey,

does anyone know if the carboard insert/fallout thing that the mag itself offers is the best price, or is there better?  

thanks,

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 07:24:17 PM »

I wasn't about to spend $40 for a subscription, but found it for $19.97 at http://shoppervalues.com/detail.cfm?id=42279

What you have to do is give them an email address; in exchange for the cheaper rate they promise to send you occasional (no more than once per week) email advertisements.  I've only received 2 or 3 of them over 6 months.

The downside is that they take a while to start the subscription: I waited 8 weeks for mine to start.  To me, the saving was worthwhile.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 04:06:15 AM »

QBE, thanks!

i'm definitely doing it tomorrow, half off the subscription price is worth a few extra emails.  i don't mind the wait either - that just means it'll last longer (well that's the glass-half-full view, anyway)!

thanks again,

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 05:16:57 AM »

thanks Qbe,

since i was teasing you on the other "thanks" on the ES post, i thought i'd give you a genuine thank-you here.  i did the Official Playstation Magazine, from the link you provided, and it was exactly as you described.  well, except for one thing - i don't even remember getting the one or two emails, if i got them at all.  it does take a while, but not that long really, two months, give or take...

what a great link - thanks again!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 01:53:47 PM »

Yep, I've only ever gotten one email over the last year.  I thought that the subscription took to long to start, but for $20 I'm not complaining.  Unfortunately it seems like the content in OPM isn't up to what it was even a year ago.   Still worthwhile for the demo discs though.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 07:13:05 PM »

Quote from: "Qbe"
I wasn't about to spend $40 for a subscription, but found it for $19.97 at http://shoppervalues.com/detail.cfm?id=42279

What you have to do is give them an email address; in exchange for the cheaper rate they promise to send you occasional (no more than once per week) email advertisements.  I've only received 2 or 3 of them over 6 months.

The downside is that they take a while to start the subscription: I waited 8 weeks for mine to start.  To me, the saving was worthwhile.

Does that include the demo DVD?
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 07:31:08 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"
Quote from: "Qbe"

Does that include the demo DVD?

It does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: