http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 02:11:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge EBGames/Gamestop deal starts tomorrow.  (Read 1826 times)
Kobra
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:59:03 AM »

Anything Used in the store is buy 2 get 1 free.

Runs from the 20th - 29th, this is direct from my buddy, a general manager or something with EB.  Just in time for Xmas, too bad this deal wasn't on when I purchased a  ton of used shit last month for my kids Xmas!  Bastards.  :slywink:

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 02:28:43 AM »

wow, so any used ps2 games or hardware or any of that stuff?  wow!  thanks Kobra!

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 02:33:55 AM »

I gave this one over to the CAG, it will either go down as one of the best finds of the year or blow up as nothing... Thanks for the info though.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:58:37 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on October 20, 2006, 02:28:43 AM

wow, so any used ps2 games or hardware or any of that stuff?  wow!  thanks Kobra!

Big wow, time to stock up for most people I would assume.. I think we got about all of the GameCube games we want, and I already picked up a WEALTH of PS2 games for my kids, so I think I am out on this sale.. Sadly..   Well fuck, maybe not... The draw to go in and "Look" will be extremely unbearable..

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 03:01:04 AM »

Same source as the Wii pricing?
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 03:06:11 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 20, 2006, 03:01:04 AM

Same source as the Wii pricing?

His Wii info was relying on Nintendo sticking to their original game plan, they didn't.  This of course, is entirely different, as it is direct from a corporate memo issued tonight at closing for the stores.

On the bright side, he is being promoted to DM next week, so my info will become a bit more indepth, and with potentially more advanced notices.  thumbsup

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 03:27:20 AM »

ok, i gotta make a quick list now of a few games to grab.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 03:30:09 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on October 20, 2006, 03:27:20 AM

ok, i gotta make a quick list now of a few games to grab.

Do share.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 03:38:36 AM »

Hey, if anybody happens to be buying a couple used PS2s I will chip in for the free third one!  icon_wink 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 04:17:53 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 20, 2006, 01:59:03 AM

Anything Used in the store is buy 2 get 1 free.

Runs from the 20th - 29th, this is direct from my buddy, a general manager or something with EB.  Just in time for Xmas, too bad this deal wasn't on when I purchased a  ton of used shit last month for my kids Xmas!  Bastards.  :slywink:

FYI, they run this deal every three months or so.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 04:52:04 AM »

i'm also looking at the ebgames.com website and they have a deal going on for 20% off on all used games and dvd's.  not sure how long this has been running.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 11:26:50 AM »

You've got to be kidding me!

Yesterday (the 19th) I bought maybe 15 or 16 used PS2 games at gamestop!  icon_evil

Well, come to think of it maybe I can just bring them all back under the "didnt like them" pretense (since you have 7 days on used games) and just rebuy them all over again.

Kobra hopefully this guy is more reliable than the one who told you the Wii wouldn't come in at over $200.. as a few of us are still holding you to your word on eating your shorts!  icon_wink

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »

well i just got back from my EB and all games are buy 2 get 1 free, but my store is for games only.  no hardware of any kind is on sale.   

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 07:29:41 PM »

Yeah I was 99% sure that was what the deal was going to be Xmann, no way they would do it on hardware in most stores.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 07:34:11 PM »

ya, i just see where he said anything used in the store and i thought he said hardware too.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 09:23:40 PM »

Accessories do count, and hardware can count, if and only if it's not the free item. So you can get a used machine, and two games and only pay for one of the games. This has been confirmed by CAG and myself as well.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 10:13:10 PM »

not my EB, i asked and they looked at me as i was an idiot and told me they never do that.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »

It probably is that way at your EB.  The corporate office is terrible at keeping the people in the stores up to date about what promotions are running, and many employees don't pay close enough attention to catch all the details buried in the one email corporate sends to the stores about the sales.  The last few times they've run the buy 2 get 1 sale, hardware was handled as Tebunker said.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 02:36:33 AM »

ya, when i pulled up to park, they have all the windows plastered with Buy 2 Get 1 free used games.  i was hoping to score a wireless controller and a couple games, but no luck at my eb's.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 05:11:09 AM »

Xmann if you have a Gamestop nearby go there, they've always been this way and should have no probs hooking you up.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 01:05:15 PM »

no Gamestop nearby frown

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »

Come on now, there's a gamestop everywhere! They're popping up like Walmarts!

In my county in south florida, we have about 20-25 gamestops (literally) the closest one is about 2 miles from me. Some of them are as little 3 miles apart.. it makes you think they're just competing with themselves.

The gamestop I usually go to said the same thing that you can buy hardware also, though technically you can't buy 2 systems and get 1 free, they could still find a way to work around it to make it work.

I ended up bringing all the games I bought used back, got my credit back, and re-bought them all over again, saved about $40 and picked up an extra 6 games used.

Planning on going back pay day friday and getting another dozen games or so. 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »

If only the local EBGames sold used 360 games for the same price the local used CD store does.  The used place has most used 360 games for at least 15 bucks cheaper than EB, and they're still running a buy 3 get 1 free used deal which I've been resisting until they have a decent 4th game (right now there's only 3 that I'm interested in- Dead Rising (40), Madden '07 (38) and Hitman Blood Money (38)).  I keep hoping a copy of Enchant Arms turns up there, but no luck so far.  Of course if EB had those prices I'd grab them in a heartbeat.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 06:16:02 AM »

I got Enchanted Arms, GRAW, and Ninety-Nine Nights.  They didn't have any used Splinter Cells in, though I wanted one, but the EB guy was awesome and said I could come back and exchange the three back in and get the B2G3 deal, despite it ending yesterday, when a used Double Agent came in.

And yeah, I'll probably be exchanging Ninety-Nine Nights.  =p

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: