http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday Gaming Value Idea  (Read 971 times)
Hrothgar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2005, 04:30:57 AM »

I mentioned this on my site, but I thought I should remind people here.  A little while back JoWood put out a press release (GT posted it Here).  It's basically an American release of four complete games (including expansions).  They're all $20 a piece and there's some great gaming there.  I know Gogamer has them (GT Link).   Here are the games:

SpellForce Platinum – SpellForce Platinum features three games in one box – SpellForce Gold Edition, which includes The Order of the Dawn and Breath of Winter, plus the expansion pack Shadow of the Phoenix.  In SpellForce’s single-player action, players will enjoy a unique mixture of RTS and RPG elements that offer the player exciting gaming challenges through a persistent game world with a continuous, gripping storyline and numerous sub-quests.  While under SpellForce’s spell, player will encounter more than 150 new items and 27 powerful set items (some of which can be modified by the player).  The game offers multiplayer action where up to three gamers can play cooperatively over a LAN.

Gothic II Gold – Gothic II Gold includes the original game plus its expansion pack, Gothic II Night of the Raven.  In this popular RPG of action and adventure, players experience a storyline of intrigue and mystery as they wander through massive fully 3D lush environments, where players may encounter more than 500 characters.   With more than 50 magical artifacts, such as rings, amulets and belts; 50 magic spells to cast; and 150 powerful weapons to wield, players will have more than enough power to take on Evil.

Silent Storm Gold – Silent Storm Gold includes the original game plus its expansion pack.  This game is a true 3D tactical turn-based RPG set against the backdrop of WWII.   In order to win, players will need to successfully complete their missions through two non-linear campaigns while fighting on former battlefields and battling a secret terror organization. As a bonus, this Gold pack includes new mission goals, such as infiltration of enemy buildings, destruction of enemy establishments and assassinations. With an arsenal of more than 75 authentic weapons from WWII, players will have the gun power and blade power to achieve their goals.

The Guild Gold – The Guild Gold includes the original game plus its expansion pack.  In Guild, players jump into an authentic simulation of life in the middle ages.  In this edition, not only will players get to experience the original game, but they will also have three new ranks/titles to choose among, five new offices and more privileges.  Players will also enjoy the three new levels, three new locations such as the cannon tower and the Emperors Town of Nuremberg which is 3 times larger then previous towns.
Those could make a great small gift or stocking stuffer.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:15:25 AM »

I want Gothic 2 SO bad but cant make myself spend $20 on a game I already own minus exp pack...then again I cant force myself to replay Gothic 2 till I own the exp pack..catch 22.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 08:08:31 PM »

I always wanted to play Spellforce.  Maybe I will for $20.
Thanks for the info, Hrothgar!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »

JoWood can kiss my sack.

I'll score me a used copy of that Gothic 2 Gold from somewhere, however  Cool
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 03:35:04 AM »

Actually, it's Aspyr Media that's publishing them here.  So basically, you'd be supporting the idea that American publishers should take chances on hard to find European titles.  You'd also be supporting the developers.  But yes, JoWood will get some money out of the deal.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: