http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 02:34:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a HD-less 360? Get one cheap!  (Read 1641 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »

Are you one of the Arcade or Core users who purchased the gimped version of the 360 and are upset that you won't be able to take advantage of the newest patch? Well, Microsoft has decided to give you an amazing deal on a new HD. Visit here:

Microsoft just launched a new Xbox Storage Upgrade website where Arcade and Core owners can request their storage solution. All you have to do is enter your console's serial number and ID, then the system will check to make sure your console isn't an Elite or Pro. Some are reporting that the system knows if you have a HDD connected and will deny your storage upgrade, so be careful. Once your console is verified to be lacking 128MBs of storage, you'll be given a special offer based on which console you own. The storage solution offers are:

* Xbox 360 Arcade owners: Refurbished 20GB HDD + 3 months of Xbox Live for $30.
    * Xbox 360 Core owners: 512MB memory card for free OR refurbished 20GB HDD for $20

Care to pass that price on a new HD (for a larger model) to everybody, Microsoft? And on that note - they really should've made the HD standard on the 360, too.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »

I would like to see a greatly reduced (i.e. reasonable) price on the 120gb HD too.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 14, 2008, 03:25:11 PM

I would like to see a greatly reduced (i.e. reasonable) price on the 120gb HD too.

This
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 14, 2008, 03:29:24 PM

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 14, 2008, 03:25:11 PM

This

agreed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
wonton
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:14:23 PM »

oh goodie, $1/gb for a refurbished hd.  how can MS possibly afford to price these so low!   Roll Eyes
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »

As a Core owner, I've had a hard drive since the beginning.  But a free memory card?  Yes please.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »

Quote from: Laner on October 14, 2008, 04:54:17 PM

As a Core owner, I've had a hard drive since the beginning.  But a free memory card?  Yes please.

Only problem is that according to some posts, the 360 has 'record' of you already having a HD attached to your console, so you're out of luck as Microsoft knows this.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »

I'm pretty certain this is in response to that the tard pack wont have the space for the new dashboard.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 06:57:32 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 14, 2008, 06:16:09 PM

Only problem is that according to some posts, the 360 has 'record' of you already having a HD attached to your console, so you're out of luck as Microsoft knows this.
Oh well... easy come easy go smile
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 14, 2008, 06:23:19 PM

I'm pretty certain this is in response to that the tard pack wont have the space for the new dashboard.

It is, but they should still lower the price of the 120 GB HD.  Bastards!

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

As a rock band owner, I fully agree.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:24:25 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 14, 2008, 06:23:19 PM

That's exactly it based on the links I provided. Or at least that's how Microsoft spins it.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »

Just upgrade the fraking firmware so we can use an external USB drive and be done with it!

crybaby I hate it when I wake up....

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 12:21:57 AM »

You know, I wouldn't exactly call this a Steal and Deal. This is what Microsoft is doing to counteract the requirement of having lots of available storage space in their next update. Well, at least if you want to use all the features of said update.

wonton
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:12 AM »

Quote from: Laner on October 14, 2008, 06:57:32 PM

Quote from: Destructor on October 14, 2008, 06:16:09 PM

Oh well... easy come easy go smile

I could be wrong about this, but I doubt it's if you've ever had a HD hooked up.  They are removable, and it's too likely a friend brought one over or something imo.  Maybe it's if you have a HD hooked up last you logged in?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 03:36:15 AM »

No joy... put in my info and got this:

Congratulations! According to our records you have the necessary hardware and storage space to enjoy the new Xbox Experience.

Instantly stream movies from Netflix*, download the latest High Def TV shows and Hollywood hits^ or play classics like PAC-MAN, Galaga Legions, Bejeweled 2 and UNO.

Express your personality with a customizable, animated Avatar that allows you to literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Plus, transform every entertainment experience into a shared experience using text, Instant Messenger, voice or video chat and the new LIVE Party to connect your friends, family and the entertainment you love.

We’ll see you online!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 05:29:10 AM »

Quote from: wonton on October 15, 2008, 02:28:12 AM

I could be wrong about this, but I doubt it's if you've ever had a HD hooked up.  They are removable, and it's too likely a friend brought one over or something imo.  Maybe it's if you have a HD hooked up last you logged in?

Word on the street (or people just making up stuff again, who knows) is that one of the last updates put in a 'feature' that allows the 360 to remember if it ever had a HD attached to it. I mean, it almost makes sense - you wouldn't want people to get 20GB HDs cheap and turn around and resell them to Gamestop, now would you?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: