http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 09:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great IGN Prime trial offer  (Read 1318 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:43:39 AM »

IGN has a really good promotion going on right now for their IGN Prime service.  You can sign up for a 7 day trial and get two free games.  The first King Arthur game and another game called Rochaud (or something like that).  Both games are activated on Steam.  But the real kicker is that you also get a lifetime 15% off discount code for Gamersgate!  I've tried it and my purchase of Crusader Kings 2 went from $39.95 to $33.96.  I also tried an already discounted game (Mafia II) and it worked on that one too!  Assuming this discount isn't revoked in the near future (and how can it not be? It's so damned good!) then it's a total no-brainer to sign up especially if you already buy from Gamersgate.

Just make sure you turn off auto renew after you get the codes!

http://slickdeals.net/f/3902224-FREE-STEAM-GAME-Rochard-for-trying-IGN-Prime
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:56:08 AM »

I can't give money to IGN.  It's against so much of what I stand for.   Thanks, but no thanks.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

He isn't.

The suggestion is to sign up for the free 7 day trial, get your codes and free game, and then cancel within the 7 days. From then on in, 15% off GamersGate forever (or until they cancel your promotion code).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »

Yes assuming that IGN is the one paying for the discounts, I'm TAKING money from them smile
I got Unity of Command for about $4 off ($29.99->$25.99) so you should be pleased about that smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »

so much for the 'lifetime' IGN discount:

Hello!

We just wanted to let you know that the IGN Prime discount promotion will soon expire. We hope you’ve enjoyed your 15% discount and that you’ll still stick with us both at GamersGate (for all your games) and IGN (for all your news).

The IGN Prime 15% off discount will stop working in approx. 48 hours, but considering that we’ve already entered our yearly holiday sales (this one is going to be bigger than ever before!) there will still be lots of games and awesome deals to be had!

Best,

GG Team

PS. Of course your loyal Prime pet won’t leave your Minion’s side =)

PPS. Unless you don’t like him… In that case we can confirm that Minion-Pet-heaven really does exist. We promise.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: