http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:18:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamestop trade in deal on new xbox 360  (Read 2785 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:59:08 PM »

Currently at Gamestop you can trade in your old xbox 360 towards a new on.  You get $100 for the 360, power supply, av cords and 1 controller.  If you have the wireless adapter, you can get $40 more.  For the 20g HD you get $30 and if you want to trade in any c wireless controllers they are $25

Im trading in my over 3 yr old 360, the 20 gig HD and the wirelless adapter and getting $170 towards the new one... not too bad!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:17:18 PM »

Does it have to be a working 360?  My old one boots up, but then got the video failure so I ended up getting an Arcade version to replace it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:07:16 PM by Cragmyre » Logged

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

the ad says must be in working condition to recieve full trade in value. 

heres a link to the ad   http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »

I just bought an elite 360 a few months ago. No way I'm switching.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »

definitely doing this.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »

According to their weekly deals they're also offering an extra $25 on any system traded in, not sure if that is included in that other deal.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 19, 2010, 09:53:38 PM

According to their weekly deals they're also offering an extra $25 on any system traded in, not sure if that is included in that other deal.

the upgrade offer says 'cannot be combined with any other offers' in the fine print.  you could probably ask and see if they'll be nice but I wouldn't count on being able to combine them.

Because I can,
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 01:04:07 AM »

Do you have to give them the original HD that came with it or is it the separate $30?  So the base trade in on a normal X360 with a 20GB drive is $130?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 01:10:42 AM »

Quote from: ericb on June 20, 2010, 01:04:07 AM

Do you have to give them the original HD that came with it or is it the separate $30?  So the base trade in on a normal X360 with a 20GB drive is $130?

I think so.  the 360's in the pic for the console trade don't have any HD's attached.

edit:  just noticed the fine print at the bottom of the ad about HD's:  customers will be given 7 days from date of new hardware purchase to transfer data off, and return with, a hard drive to trade in.  proof of purchase must be shown to receive promotional hard drive trade in value.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:13:46 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 01:45:18 AM »

hmm...i have a refurbished/upgraded, non-HDMI launch model, 120GB drive, and wireless-G adapter that could get me $180 toward a shiny new 360.  the idea that i could upgrade to the new 360 with a 250GB drive, HDMI, and built-in 802.11n that should be quieter and more reliable than my current hardware for only $120 is incredibly tempting...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »

Yeah  I have a non hdmi model with a 20 gig hd, I think its worth the $120 Ill have to pay to get an extra 230 g of storage and the HDMI and thats not even accounting for the fact my 360 is over 3yrs old.  I found a transfer cable for $7 shipped so now I just have to wait for Gamestop to get more units and Im back in black.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »

I'm assuming this GT transfer cable option is still viable, you may need to ping Farley2k directly to find out, though.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »

For this deal, do you have to trade in your Xbox now and then go without an Xbox until the new version comes out? Or will this deal still be good once the new console arrives?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 20, 2010, 02:03:21 PM

For this deal, do you have to trade in your Xbox now and then go without an Xbox until the new version comes out? Or will this deal still be good once the new console arrives?

the deal is good until the 18th of July, so you can wait to trade in your current system up until the 18th (or whichever date they have the new 360's in for sale).  if they don't have them available for the 18th you can probably put it towards a pre-order for one, but then you would be without a 360 for the duration.

Because I can,
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 20, 2010, 05:32:00 PM

the deal is good until the 18th of July, so you can wait to trade in your current system up until the 18th (or whichever date they have the new 360's in for sale).  if they don't have them available for the 18th you can probably put it towards a pre-order for one, but then you would be without a 360 for the duration.

i think the only real catch is that you have to hope your local Gamestop gets the new 360 in stock before July 18th.  apparently, this could be a problem in some areas as a lot of stores are starting waiting lists and requiring a $50 downpayment...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »

Quote from: disarm on June 20, 2010, 05:37:45 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 20, 2010, 05:32:00 PM

i think the only real catch is that you have to hope your local Gamestop gets the new 360 in stock before July 18th.  apparently, this could be a problem in some areas as a lot of stores are starting waiting lists and requiring a $50 downpayment...

that's what mine is doing.  they sold out quickly on the first shipment but I'm first on the list for the next one.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »

I was told by the rep at gamestop today that they would honor the trade in deal on reserved new 360's as long as you reserved one before the trade in deal expires. So it seems you can reserve one for $50 down and keep your current 360 until the new unit arrives, without losing your trade in value.  I should probably get that in writing though eh?

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 08:43:23 PM »

Handled my reserved order today and was told by gamestop the expected delivery date for the next batch is July 7th.  Since the trade in program is valid thru the 18th, I wont have to trade in my 360 until my new 360 arrives.  Yay

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »

I do believe I will be taking advantage of this deal.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »

i put my money down on an upgrade this afternoon.  now i'm just waiting for the call and hoping it comes before the trade-in deal ends...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:57 PM »

$199 version coming this fall.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »

Quote from: disarm on June 21, 2010, 09:00:48 PM

i put my money down on an upgrade this afternoon.  now i'm just waiting for the call and hoping it comes before the trade-in deal ends...

did you ask to see if the reservation guarantees you a trade in no matter how long it takes?

Because I can,
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 21, 2010, 11:49:11 PM

Quote from: disarm on June 21, 2010, 09:00:48 PM

did you ask to see if the reservation guarantees you a trade in no matter how long it takes?

i didn't ask, but i'll probably just do the trade-in early if i can't get the new 360 in time.  i have plenty of games on other systems to keep me occupied in the meantime if that becomes necessary.  i'm not really worried about it, but it would be nice if i can avoid being 360-less for any period of time...although it wouldn't be a first thanks to getting the RROD twice...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on June 21, 2010, 08:43:23 PM

Handled my reserved order today and was told by gamestop the expected delivery date for the next batch is July 7th.  Since the trade in program is valid thru the 18th, I wont have to trade in my 360 until my new 360 arrives.  Yay

July 7th is the expected arrival date at the 3 Gamestops near me, also.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 05:38:06 PM »

I want to trade mine in, especially since I have a launch unit, but I have a 120 GB HD and I'm not sure I feel like I'm getting a good deal on trading that in.  Yet, I can't use it on the new one, but it would be nice to have HDMI.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »

Quote from: Graham on June 22, 2010, 05:38:06 PM

I want to trade mine in, especially since I have a launch unit, but I have a 120 GB HD and I'm not sure I feel like I'm getting a good deal on trading that in.  Yet, I can't use it on the new one, but it would be nice to have HDMI.

trading in my 120GB drive for only $40 didn't seem like all that good of a deal to me either, so i did a quick search on eBay to see what they're selling for recently...really not much more to be gained going that route.  prices are all over the place, but the typical top-end seems to be about $50-60.  while i would like to get a little more than Gamestop is offering, it's just not worth the trouble of selling and shipping it on my own for another $10.  just a little something to think about...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 11:26:58 PM »

I do think the TIV of the bigger drive is a bit low, especially when the smaller drive is only 10 bux less. Nevermnd the inital cost. But considering how low you could expect to sell a system and how long you'd have to wait, it's a trade-off I can accept.

I am going to do this with my 2nd system; it's over the warranty and has frozen up several times. All it's missing is the rrod.

RE the transfer;  are there any game saves which cannot be moved for some reason?  I remember some which wouldn't let you move them via the mem card. 

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 01:15:50 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on June 22, 2010, 04:03:46 PM

Same with mine where I did my reservation, however got a call today that they got in a small shipment of units, so I'm off to do the dirty deed!  icon_cool

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 01:53:55 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on June 23, 2010, 01:15:50 AM

Quote from: Dante Rising on June 22, 2010, 04:03:46 PM

Same with mine where I did my reservation, however got a call today that they got in a small shipment of units, so I'm off to do the dirty deed!  icon_cool

got mine today.  is pretty.

Because I can,
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 03:00:27 AM »

i did my trade today but haven't hooked the new Xbox up yet...wound up getting about $195 worth of trade-in on old 360 hardware in the end.  i still have to take my 120GB HD back after transferring my data to get the rest of my money back, but i'm planning to get that out of the way tomorrow.  i'm really interested to get the new console running tomorrow to see how it compares to my old hardware...hopefully a bit more quiet.

update...i'm connected and running now...at least i think it's running because i see things on the screen, but i don't hear my Xbox anymore.  i'm in the middle of transferring my HD data and haven't tried a game yet, but the new 360 is practically silent at the dashboard.  now i just need to see how the disc drive sounds and if the fan kicks up under load to know just how much they've improved over my old pre-HDMI hardware, but i can already tell it's going to be a big change.  add in connection via HDMI now, 1080p video, and internet connection via 802.11n, and i think it's a great upgrade icon_cool
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:14:45 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »

There's another thread that talks about this as well, but yah it is definitely quiet - all around. Even (finally) the DVD drive!  thumbsup

-craig

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: