http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 07:04:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GameStop Gamedays  (Read 1619 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

Was just in doing a pre-order and spotted this.  A bunch of decent 360 games for only $20 (FEAR, Godfather, Just Cause), some newer games for $30 (Condemned 2, Viking). Same for all other platforms ($10 for older gens). They do appear to all be of the "new but open box" variety, at least in the store I was in, in case that bothers you.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=133

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »

timeshift for 20 bucks catches my eye.  anyone have a thumbs up/thumbs down impression on it for that price?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:46:01 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 02, 2008, 06:07:39 PM

timeshift for 20 bucks catches my eye.  anyone have a thumbs up/thumbs down impression on it for that price?

Depending on platform, it looks like it scored high 60s to low 70's on gamerankings...
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

ouch...think i'll hold off.   icon_wink

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »

It looks like a dumping ground for horrible Sonic games. There looks to be 20 sonic games mixed in there.  thumbsdown

There's a ton of PS2 controllers available too. $10 for the madcatz team controllers. Seems worth it, if you're looking for some extras.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:15:21 PM by DragonFyre » Logged
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:47 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on June 02, 2008, 07:13:46 PM

It looks like a dumping ground for horrible Sonic games. There looks to be 20 sonic games mixed in there.  thumbsdown

I may try to pick up Sega Superstars Tennis at $20. I'm cheesy like that.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 12:53:29 AM »

about the only decent deal I see there is Vikings for the 360 at 30 bucks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 03, 2008, 12:53:29 AM

How does Viking compare to the PC game Rune, anyhow?

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 01:38:54 AM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on June 03, 2008, 01:22:39 AM

They are quite a bit different.  Rune was fairly linear and Viking is more of an open-world game.  Rune was straight hack and slash where your movements controlled the attacks and Viking uses combos and stealth for a lot of the game and then the large army-on-army battles in other parts.  Rune used multiple types of weapons whereas Viking uses the same weapons throughout the game with upgradeable skills. 

Neither of them is perfect, and if I could choose only one I would probably say that I liked Rune better (the PC version, at least).  I did enjoy Viking, though, and it has some awesome graphics and fun gameplay in it. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 01:59:42 PM »

A really good deal for me as I've a work colleague who'll buy a used game from me immediately. No Ebay, no trades: saves time for more experimentation...

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 02:40:16 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 03, 2008, 01:38:54 AM

Quote from: Pyperkub on June 03, 2008, 01:22:39 AM

They are quite a bit different.  Rune was fairly linear and Viking is more of an open-world game.  Rune was straight hack and slash where your movements controlled the attacks and Viking uses combos and stealth for a lot of the game and then the large army-on-army battles in other parts.  Rune used multiple types of weapons whereas Viking uses the same weapons throughout the game with upgradeable skills. 

Neither of them is perfect, and if I could choose only one I would probably say that I liked Rune better (the PC version, at least).  I did enjoy Viking, though, and it has some awesome graphics and fun gameplay in it. 

I never played Rune, by EN9 has Vikings pretty much summed up.  there's just something so satisfying about coming home after an annoying day of work and ripping into a bunch of demons with brute force.  On the open world bit-  there are 3 islands, and each island has a set of missions involving liberating portions of it to get more soldiers for your army or supplies, but for the most part you can do the missions in any order up to a certain point, which is usally a large scale battle to unlock another portion of the island.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 06:16:52 PM »

Picked up Sega Tennis and Vikings. I don't know why.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »

i will be grabbing viking when i can find it.  i picked up timeshift on the pc on a clearance sale and it's pretty forgettable.  nothing about the game stands out and the central theme of the game gets stale pretty quickly.  i haven't had any nibbles on selling it, even for bargain bin prices, so that right there tells me why it's also in this lot at gamestop.

viking just looks like fun.  it may not be perfect, but i can get some enjoyment out of it.  (i like the dynasty warriors games, for example)

biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 11:26:09 PM »

Went to Gamestop today to buy Timeshift for XBOX360. They had about 5 copies but salesperson refuse to sell it to me saying that game sucks. Even after I told him I played the demo before.

I know game is not AAA titles but it's at decent price and I really liked the demo.

I really hate that they are still pulling the fanboy crap on customers.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »

He actually refused to sell the game to you because he thought it sucked? Did he eventually sell it, or did you walk out without it? Either way, I hope you got his name and call their corporate office to let them know their salespeople are actively discouraging people from spending money.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »

wow, that's unusual.  why would anyone actually stop you from buying it?  it's not like it will wipe your hard drive or kill you or anything.  even though i don't think it's all that great, it's not shovelware. 

what a maroon.

biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »

I just walked out  crybaby
I was already late for meeting friend of mine and didn't want to waste my time and energy.

I will just go to another Gamestop tomorrow. There are around 10 Gamestop within distance.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »

Damn me..Id been saving my birthday money for a month or more now. I went in Gamestop to buy Mass Effect PC. I spent my whole $100 and came out with Mass Effect PC, Monster Hunter 2 Freedom PSP, and Brave Story PSP. Both PSP games were half off so $20 each. I also got Tabula Rasa PC too..argh. I already have MH2 Freedom on the way from a trade..but its game only and I just had to get the box and manual today smile..guess Ill have a copy of MH2F for trade/sale soon smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: