http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 02:59:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EBgames.com PC games price drops  (Read 2544 times)
bobclay54
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2004, 01:59:11 PM »

EBgames has dropped the price on a boatload of PC games.  Examples are Chrome and Perimeter for $9.99 each.  Many $5 games and some even less than $5.  Looks like they are trying to clear them out before the year's end.
Rob_Merritt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 04:55:16 AM »

Yeah a lot of good deals. However some are funny. For example, Deus Ex IW WAS 19.95 and now its on sale for just 19.95! Wow, no savings, What a sale. smile

bobclay54
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 05:09:38 AM »

Well Rob,

I looked again tonight because you mentioned Deus Ex: IW, which was listed at $4.99 just 2 nights ago.  It seems that they have changed the prices again, some lower, some higher.  Perimeter dropped another $5 to $4.99 for instance.  I'm not sure what is going on.  Deus Ex obviously was increased.  I guess it is a day to day right now.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 07:17:18 PM »

Are we talking about the website or in-store? I was thinking of picking up Permiter but the $39.99 pricetag just didn't feel right (the demo was "OK" but nothing spectactular) but if it's $4.99, or even $9.99 I'll head out there tonight and pick up a copy.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 12:05:41 AM »

Online for sure, I don't know about in stores.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
bobclay54
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 12:53:10 AM »

It has been my experience that in-store prices are not always the same as the online prices.  The prices I mentioned are online-I don't know if they are available in-store.  EBgames.com does offer cheap shipping if you don't mind waiting a little longer for $1.99 per order.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

It looks like I'll have to buy Perimiter online if anything. The EBGames by me is in a mall that is PACKED every day, I couldn't even find a parking spot at the end of the lot which is about 2 miles long. So if it's that bad on the outside forget about going inside.
I went to Gamestop instead and they had Permiiter for $29.99. Oh well.
Looks like an interesting game and at $4.99 (or even $9.99) it'd should be worth it.
Problem is though my credit card is maxed out with the holidays so I can't do much online.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 01:11:36 AM »

I got Permiter today at EBGames (the store) for $4.99. So it looks like it's for in-store pricing also.
Got the last copy though (the one that's not really "brand new" that they have in their desk and is already opened) still easily worth 5 bucks. They actually had a LOT of clearance games.
Got Doom 2, Dark Reign 2, Alice, Delta Force Land Warrior, Total Annihilation, Total Annihilation Kingdoms, Wolfenstein 3d, and about 10 other jewel case games (all with manuals) for 25 cents each.
Oh and Mobile Forces for 99 cents with the box.
Definitely some good deals going on if you have a local Electronics Botique in your area.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 02:23:29 AM »

Total Annihilation for 25 cents is the best deal ever. Seriously.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 05:56:51 AM »

I just paid $10 for TA there about a month ago  :x

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 12:16:40 AM »

Too bad, I hope you at least got a box version of it for that outrageous price.
However I noticed the two copies of TA I got (for a quarter.. :lol:) had the price tag "$9.99" on them. So did Serious Sam, Lego Builder, Unreal Gold, and I think Madden 2002 and FIFA 2002 had $8.99 or something on them. The entire section though, were all 25 cent games. Bought a couple duplicates so I could save one and play the other.
O

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: