http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 03:27:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EB GAMES SUNDAY CIRCULAR  (Read 1863 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2004, 08:47:20 PM »

In this weeks EB Games Sunday newspaper circular (flier, sales thingy), they have quite a few games on sale for some pretty decent prices... nothing like Fable for 12 bucks - but lots of 10 dollar games.

that's all folks! [/b]

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
archipelago
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 03:12:07 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
In this weeks EB Games Sunday newspaper circular (flier, sales thingy), they have quite a few games on sale for some pretty decent prices... nothing like Fable for 12 bucks - but lots of 10 dollar games.

that's all folks! [/b]

I was just coming to mention this -
Also! Keep in mind some of the best prices (Call of Duty for PC for $10, etc.) are only good through 10/11, so get crackin'!

The flyer can be viewed at http://www.ebgames.com

the artist previously known as Adumir
STILL resident Kielslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more Merlot..."
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 03:31:55 AM »

hey, is that really you Adumir?  

Good job on mentioning the two-day-only part of the sale - i realized it but forgot to mention it!  Ahhh, you outdid me by including the link, too!

I bow to your superior experience....  thumbsup

thanks!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
archipelago
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 04:17:49 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
hey, is that really you Adumir?  

Good job on mentioning the two-day-only part of the sale - i realized it but forgot to mention it!  Ahhh, you outdid me by including the link, too!

I bow to your superior experience....  thumbsup

thanks!

Pfft! Experience-exschmeareance!

Yep - really me, though...I goofed when registering Adumir and sent the confirmation email to an unreachable address. Hmm - maybe I can straighten that out with the uppers, come to think of it.

the artist previously known as Adumir
STILL resident Kielslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more Merlot..."
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 04:27:21 PM »

I grabbed the flyer and price matched at Best Buy to get CoD for $7.99 but the experience was very unpleasant.

First off the employee is going "wow that's a lot off. lemme see if i'm allowed to match it." So I wait a few minutes and she comes back and says she's supposed to call EB. I had just come from the store and they had plenty but I was like sure and waited. Once she verified they had it in stock somebody else comes by and takes the flyer to verify with their software people if it's ok to give such a large pricematch. So another wait. By this point I'm getting a bit pissed. Why in the heck do they have to have this OK'd twice? So I have to wait 10 minutes for all of this and they finally ring it through. Bunch of idiots at Best Buy if you ask me... :x

How does this work again?
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 04:49:31 PM »

I thought they price match on printed ads no matter what? Liars. Im beginning to hate Best Buy.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
I LUV HUGZ
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 01:59:38 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
I thought they price match on printed ads no matter what? Liars. Im beginning to hate Best Buy.

Last year, Best Buy wouldn't price match Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga for me because it was Black Friday.  :shock:  Neat, huh?  (The price match would have saved me a whopping $3, I think.)  Of course, no where in any of Best Buy's documented price match policy does it say that Black Friday (or any other imaginary holiday) is off-limits.  Best Buy can really be hit or miss sometimes.  It gives me a case of the shakes every time I approach the register.
JodoKast
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 03:37:20 PM »

I was able to get Call of Duty for the cheap price at EB yesterday.  Thanks for the heads up on this.  I guess it pays to be so late at getting this game.  I even looked at their used section and they had Call of Duty there listed at 24.99.  Now I just need to finish it before Half Life 2 and Halo 2 come out.

Gamertag : NJ Devilfish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: