http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 04:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EB Black Friday sale  (Read 1349 times)
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2004, 02:19:26 PM »

Anybody else go crazy at EB on Friday morning like me?  
I got Doom 3 for 20$
I got Call of Duty orginal and Expansion for $30 together.

And for a bonus I picked up Divine Divinty for under $5.

Alot of gaming goodness for cheap.

morlac00 on PSN
RamPanther
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 07:41:44 PM »

I picked up Doom 3, which was an absolute bargain. I wanted to buy a copy of Riddick, but the two EBGames I visited had NO copies! Note that this is 5 minutes after the store opened on Black Friday, so its not like they sold out. They just never had any copies, which really upsets me considering it was advertised.

So I just drove across the street and bought it at Best Buy for $15. I tried to get them to do a price match, but the manager did not consider EB a competitor. So, who is? Three stores:

Circuit City
Frys
CompUSA

Strange.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 07:44:58 PM »

Those deals were available online during that time as well...kinda sucks for those that went to the store to get the stuff.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

i went online at about 11:30am on friday to get Call of Duty for $9.99...no way i was going to an actual store that day.  i chose the cheap shipping and it went out saturday afternoon...was really surprised to find the game in my mailbox today.  two business days from order to delivery by USPS media mail is pretty impressive...especially considering how many orders they must have shipped this weekend.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 11:49:22 PM »

yes, i went absolutely nuts... more than i want to admit to!  i woke up early to get online for 7 AM, figuring i could go right back to sleep, but then found that you couldn't get everything online.  Riddick said Unavailable, and a few others gave a strange msg. about no manager authorization or some such thing.

soooo...... i dragged my sorry ass down the road to my local EB, a fair amount later, like 9:30 or 10 AM, and (sorry, RamPanther) found Riddick.  they actually had two, i picked one up, wandered away a bit and thought - "STUPID!" - and ran back and got the other one!

and the same thing happened to me with the quick shipping - half my order showed up today (i ordered a bunch online, including a Dreamcast console, and the total shipping will be 2 dollars and change... incredible - i also chose the slowest shipping).  earlier today i got an email saying the rest of the order has been shipped.

next year, i'll start looking online at 0630, shop for what i can get at 0700, then hit the store for another spree...  "neice and nephew" Christmas shopping is done, plus i, um... got a few things for myself...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 03:40:55 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Those deals were available online during that time as well...kinda sucks for those that went to the store to get the stuff.

Only if they didnt have what ya wanted.  I was home playing Doom by 10 am.  I have one of those strip mall stores about 5 minutes from my house, got in and out in about 10 minutes.  Couldn't have paid me to go to a mall store that day  biggrin

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: