http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:12:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Best Buy price match CompUSA?  (Read 1528 times)
Scooby Doo
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2004, 04:15:17 AM »

WoW is on sale at CompUSA this week ($40). However, by the time I got there this afternoon, they were sold out. I have a number of Best Buy stores nearby (only one CompUSA, the above mentioned one, nearby), so I was wondering if Best Buy does a price match of CompUSA (if you bring the ad in).
I can and will ask at the store, but since sometimes their employees may not even themselves no for sure, I thought I would ask you guys first, in case anyone here has the answer.
Thanks in advance.
Bulletpig
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 04:42:05 AM »

Yea Best Buy will price match.  You just need to go up to the customer service counter and ask about it.  More than likely though they will call CompUSA to check to see if they have the game in stock.  They won't price match if the game is not in stock at CompUSA.

It's worth a shot.  You might also look at the buying the game from CompUSA's web site.

Pig
paulbaxter
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:19:05 PM »

If any product is advertised on sale and is out of stock, you are entitled to a rain check. This is to prevent stores from doing stuff like advertising prime rib for $.01 per pound, then only stocking one pound of it.

Does mean you have to wait until the store gets more in, but patience, despite what folks on this forum might indicate, is a virtue.

I have no sig and while saying I MUST scream is excessive, I think I WILL scream anyhow.
Scooby Doo
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:00:08 PM »

Thanks, guys!
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 08:11:12 PM »

Quote from: "Bulletpig"
Yea Best Buy will price match.  You just need to go up to the customer service counter and ask about it.  More than likely though they will call CompUSA to check to see if they have the game in stock.  They won't price match if the game is not in stock at CompUSA.

It's worth a shot.  You might also look at the buying the game from CompUSA's web site.

Pig

Long ago I used to work for CompUSSR.  Trust me, you have very little danger of them getting through to somebody.  I almost think their system is set up to discourage people from calling them.  This may have changed, but thats how it was when I was there.

Just in case, bring their sale paper to BB.  At least around here, if you have a current ad on-hand they wont bother to call and see if it's in stock.
Scooby Doo
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 08:54:43 PM »

Yup. Went through the regular checkout line at Best Buy and got the pricematch no problem. No phone call to CompUSA (to check for availability). Just brought the ad in with me and had no problems. Yay, Best Buy.

Dissapointed in CompUSA, though. Yesterday was first day of the sale, I was there by 5 PM and they were already sold out. I hadn't thought about doing an 11 AM store opening run, figuring I would be safe in getting a copy (actually my second copy, this one for my daughter, as I picked up my copy on release day). Since Blizzard sold 200,000 plus on release day, figured all the hard core gamers already had it, so a $10 price savings at CompUSA wouldn't create a stampede.  I hadn't thought about calling them yesterdy cuz from past experience I didn't figure my chances were too good to get both an "answer", with the phone being picked up, or an "answer" (correct one) if they actually had one on the shelfs, if someone did pick up the phone.  At my nearest CompUSAs you have to stand in line forever, at any time of the day, and that includes the Customer Service desk, to check-out.  So phone calls for answers (correct answers) to Customer Service there.  A hit 'n miss prospect at best.

So yesterday, at the CompUSA shelf above the sales label they had spacing for 1, only 1, row of boxes (empty, of course), which would fit maybe 6-8 copies.

Today at the nearest Best Buy, they had a 4-sided standup cardboard cutout display which had to have been holding 40+ copies.

How is it that CompUSA (and I checked online this morning to verify) was sold out but at one local store (4 total in the Twin Cities). Nearest, and only one, with a copy in stock (internet said availability was "minimal") was a 30+ minute drive (the Twin Cities is a sprawling metro area).

My vent. If they are to do a sale, please have more than a small quantity on hand to at least make it through the first afternoon of the sale.

Done with my vent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: