http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 08:28:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discount Boardgames?  (Read 1596 times)
Pyperkub
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

I'm looking to find Arkham Horror, but at $50, the pricetag seems a little steep.  Anyone have any good suggestions for picking up Arkham and the like at more reasonable prices?

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »

Check out www.thoughthammer.com

They have it for $34.97

Buy more than $125 and you get free shipping
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 03:13:09 AM »

I order from these guys on occasion. http://www.bouldergames.com/. I just ordered Combat Commander Europe from then. I ordered it late Tuesday night and it shipped early Wed. morning. Great service and prices. It looks like Arkham is out of stock at the moment with them though.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 01:12:37 PM »

I've ordered from Time Well Spent a lot and they have great prices and service.  And they're a penny cheaper than Thoughthammer!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on May 31, 2008, 12:05:32 AM

Check out www.thoughthammer.com

They have it for $34.97

Buy more than $125 and you get free shipping

I've done 2 free shipping sized orders from Thoughthammer and never had any problems.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 05:03:18 PM »

I've used both Thoughthammer and Time Well Spent many times in the past, both are very good, just go with which one is closer to you.  Troll and Toad is another one a lot of people use.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »

Quote from: warning on May 31, 2008, 01:12:37 PM

I've ordered from Time Well Spent a lot and they have great prices and service.  And they're a penny cheaper than Thoughthammer!

ditto.  honest and fast.  you can order from them with 100 percent confidence that you're gonna get your stuff quickly and in perfect condition.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 09:29:31 PM »

if anyone ever has the same question for any boardgame,  www.BoardGameGeek.com has an entire row of click-through ads at the top of the main page for all ofthe major game discounters.  You can comparison shop, and you don't have to spend your life googling and posting in forums about the matter.

Plus you'll learn about games you haven't run into yet.

Done posting
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 12:28:06 AM »

I primarily order through Boulder Games, though Thoughthammer is my fallback, and if I'm getting more than $125 worth, I go through them for the free shipping.

Kurt, good buy on Combat Commander.  It's an awesome game that I'm hoping to get to play more over the summer.

Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 01:20:01 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on June 01, 2008, 12:28:06 AM

I primarily order through Boulder Games, though Thoughthammer is my fallback, and if I'm getting more than $125 worth, I go through them for the free shipping.

Kurt, good buy on Combat Commander.  It's an awesome game that I'm hoping to get to play more over the summer.

I bought the Paratrooper expansion pack as well.  I plan on trying to teach my 11  1/2 year old how to play if he i interested. I need to give the rules a good read through and give it a go. Nice to hear someone elses positive opinion of it.  It seemed to get pretty positive reviews on boardgamegeeks and some other web sites.
Ænima
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 01:51:13 AM »

Another great store is Boards & Bits.  Great prices, some rare/OOP games and they're located in the Pacific NW, so the shipping is especially fast to the West coast.  They do half shipping costs over $100, and their shipping costs are great.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 02:51:01 AM »

TheWarstore has a great selection of miniature games along with a decent selection of board games, but only the more popular ones.  They have great service too.
andon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »

My #! recommendation is CoolstuffInc great store, fast, friendly, and they've got good prices.
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 10:24:48 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 31, 2008, 08:05:16 PM

ditto.  honest and fast.  you can order from them with 100 percent confidence that you're gonna get your stuff quickly and in perfect condition.

+1(or would it be +2?)  TWS gets all my business, they are exceptional!
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »

Thanks for all the responses everyone!  I've got a little research to do now...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 07:58:19 PM »

Quote from: J.M. Diller on June 02, 2008, 10:24:48 AM

Quote from: hepcat on May 31, 2008, 08:05:16 PM

+1(or would it be +2?)  TWS gets all my business, they are exceptional!

While I use TWS I think Thoughthammer does a bit better job of packing than TWS, at least in my experience.  My copy of Railroad Tycoon from TWS was crushed bad enough that the boards inside the box have a big dent in one corner, after that I switched to TH but I'm sure there is a story just the opposite of mine.  I have still ordered from TWS since then with no problems and I'm sure Dave I think his name is would have fixed my RT copy if I had notified him.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: