http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Directv Friends and Family Discount  (Read 971 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:33 AM »

I just started working for Directv last month.  They generally have some form of discount deal for friends/family, and then the referrer gets a small bonus as well.  Presently it's an OK deal, $10 off a month for one year (on top of whatever regional deal is offered), so $120 total off for a year (new customers only), and I'd get a $100 bonus.  It's not the greatest, but if you were already planning to subscribe it certainly doesn't hurt.  If you are interested, just PM me with your email address!

Here's the official listing:

The Friends & Family offer includes $10 off per month for 12 months, which is in ADDITION to the national offer available to our general public.

For example: As low as $19.99 a month! - $10 off for 12 months when you sign up for the ENTERTAINMENT Package or higher. (Regularly $29.99 a month for 12 months through our current promotional offer after rebate. Regular price is $58.99 a month).

FREE – Up to 4 advanced product upgrade rebates (DVR or HD receiver; limit one free HD DVR upgrade, second HD DVR upgrade for $99) Additional fees apply. With 24-month agreement. Additional fees required.

Plus - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ now INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE (Requires CHOICE XTRA™ Package or higher).

FREE – VIP installation - premium installation experience with a top-tier installer.

FREE – One year service coverage.
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:31:37 AM »

No relation to the OP, but I have DirecTV, and will say I've been very happy with the product since I got it a few months ago.  Price is very nice.  My only complaint is I think I have to buy extra hardware in order to download movies On Demand.  Am I wrong, Ritt?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »

Quote from: frost on May 24, 2012, 03:31:37 AM

No relation to the OP, but I have DirecTV, and will say I've been very happy with the product since I got it a few months ago.  Price is very nice.  My only complaint is I think I have to buy extra hardware in order to download movies On Demand.  Am I wrong, Ritt?

Sadly I don't have mine installed yet, soon though!  I am pretty sure you don't need to buy anything extra if you have a DVR.  If you are an older customer without a DVR, I'm not sure how it works about upgrading.  You can check this, I think some upgrades might be free.  The new HD DVR tech looks really good, probably worth looking into:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1568/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzNzg3Njg3MC9zaWQveVN4eXlXWWs=

Also they are starting some new "TV Everywhere" service that would allow you to watch online, on your phone or tablet, etc. 

http://www.directv.com/entertainment/watch_online/?lpos=leftnav&lid=Watch%20Instantly
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »

Man, I'd be interested, the first 12 months would work for me, but then all the discounts run out on the 2nd year frown  I'm paying $47 right now for dish.  And the only reason I'd be interested would be for the 1st free year of the NFL package
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: