http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 03:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell 2005FPW UltraSharp 20.1" Wide Screen - $486. shipp  (Read 1874 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4111

What a great deal.  

This is the newest coolest Dell monitor you can buy. In comparison the Apple 23" LCD cost $1799. Shipped free, use the Dell $75 off $550 coupon code. Hurry expires after 2000 uses. This huge monitor features:

1920x1200 Resolution (16:10)
6-in-1 memory card reader
4-port USB 2.0 Hub
Fast 12ms Response Time
1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 500 cd/m2 Brightness,
VGA, DVI, component, composite, and S-video connections [ Review ]
$1004.10 After Coupon

Coupon Code: ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2 - Expires: Unknown

If only I had the money to spend right now...

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
This is the newest coolest Dell monitor you can buy.

As of yesterday, that honor goes to this monster:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4221&link_number=

Of course, you can't get it for anywhere near $489 smile  An incredible deal for the 2005.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 11:40:29 PM »

Man, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this sucker.  I mean, I've got enough room on my credit cards to afford this and the plane ticket to E3...

I really, really want this thing.  A Radeon 9800 Pro will do the widescreen resolutions, right?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 04:36:07 AM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
I really, really want this thing.  A Radeon 9800 Pro will do the widescreen resolutions, right?

My laptop Radeon 9600 runs at 1280x800 resolution (widescreen laptop) without any issues, so I don't see why you'd have any problems with a more powerful card.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 04:41:04 AM »

Does anyone know if a. shipping is free, and b. if the monthly payment is a reasonable plan?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 06:00:48 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Does anyone know if a. shipping is free, and b. if the monthly payment is a reasonable plan?

Shipping's usually free.  Though the monthly payment deal charges around 19% interest.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »

Looks like a dead deal mines coming up $698 shipped
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 06:58:43 PM »

Ok looks like this deal died, but I have a few general questions about these new fangled LCD monitors.
1. Every sony monitor i look at looks astounding, I mean jaw dropping vibrant, the monitor looks like precious glass, the things just look amazing. Are they as good as or better than Dell?
2. Are prices on 19-21 inchers likely to drop appreciably from now until May.
3. Will a 20inch LCD be more cost efficient to move or ship to LA from DC than my 19inch CRT?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 09:13:10 PM »

Rage, you won't regret switching from that big bulky CRT monitor over to a sweet lightweight LCD monitor.
Sometimes I have to leave my laptop (17" LCD widescreen gateway) and use a CRT monitor and it feels like my eyes are starting to hurt! It's not that bad but you definitely notice the difference.

I don't know if Sony would be better than Dell, or any other make for that matter. Is a Sony VCR better than a Panasonic VCR with the same features, just because it costs $50 more? Probably not.
Two important things you can look at for your LCD monitor are response time (25ms or less) and if it has any dead pixels. Double check to make sure it doesn't have any. When I got my gateway shipped I told them I would request a refund if it had even one single dead pixel so they better double and even triple check it before it leaves China to me. When you clean them you have to be gentle also I used a screen wipe and pressed too hard and knocked out a pixel. Every time you look at your screen your eyes go right to that tiny little black dot - the dead pixel. Very annoying. Luckily I was able to rub it back into place gently.

I doubt LCDs will be going down in price by May, though you never know. You might see a deal, like the one posted here, though. Sometimes you can also check the sunday's papers and they have deals on them, even if it's with a mail-in rebate.
Check Walmart as well, they often have computer monitors (at least the one by me) on clearance. They had a 17" LCD for something like $198 over here - no box or anything but it looked great. If I wasn't on a 17" LCD laptop I probably would have gotten it.

And your last question, it would be much easier (and cheaper) to ship a LCD monitor than that huge CRT monitor. My entire laptop (17" lcd included along with the desktop p4 3.4ghz processor) weights maybe, 10 pounds. The 17" widescreen looks like it weighs about 3 or 4 pounds. They're generally very light and portable. I remember I used to have to transport my desktop computer (with a 19" CRT monitor) back and forth from my parents houses and it was a real hassle, especially the monitor. The monitor must have weighed 40-50 pounds. Actually I don't know what it weighed but whatever it was it was a workout getting it up and down the stairs.
One of the reasons why I got a laptop, everything built into one piece and easy on the go.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 09:00:50 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Rage, you won't regret switching from that big bulky CRT monitor over to a sweet lightweight LCD monitor.
Sometimes I have to leave my laptop (17" LCD widescreen gateway) and use a CRT monitor and it feels like my eyes are starting to hurt! It's not that bad but you definitely notice the difference.

Speaking of eyes hurting, I'm a grad student working on my MFA in Creative Writing so I spend a lot of time in front of my computer working on text documents.   I currently have a 19" Optiquest Q95 montior and usually after a few hours my eyes are blurry to the point where I have to squint to see the screen clearly (I also wear glasses and have sort of mediocre lighting conditions).

So I've been thinking of investing in a good LCD monitor (and what better excuse to drop a few hundred on a good one than my health?) and I was wondering if LCD's are easier on the eyes, especially for text.  Anyone know anything about this?  PM me if you can.  TIA.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 11:02:17 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4111

What a great deal.  

This is the newest coolest Dell monitor you can buy. In comparison the Apple 23" LCD cost $1799. Shipped free, use the Dell $75 off $550 coupon code. Hurry expires after 2000 uses. This huge monitor features:

1920x1200 Resolution (16:10)
6-in-1 memory card reader
4-port USB 2.0 Hub
Fast 12ms Response Time
1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 500 cd/m2 Brightness,
VGA, DVI, component, composite, and S-video connections [ Review ]
$1004.10 After Coupon

Coupon Code: ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2 - Expires: Unknown

If only I had the money to spend right now...

Damn I am a stupid ass for missing this deal! I would have loved to get this.
Rahowa
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 01:41:14 AM »

This is an incredible monitor--typing this on one now smile

No one would be disappointed in it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: