http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 10:46:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn of War $9.99 at Circuit City  (Read 962 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War is on sale at Circuit City for $9.99 right now. $49.99 with a $20 instant rebate and a $20 mail in rebate.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 04:02:55 PM »

Is this one of those you have to buy Windows XP to get the mail in rebate deals?

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:00:41 PM »

I was looking at their website for the weekly ad and it said $9.99 with $20 instant rebate and $20 mail in rebate and when I got there I went to the games section, picked up Dawn of War, headed to the front and the guy said "There's no rebate with this" (It rang up as $29.99 though) so I said it was on the website he said it's online only, so I said check the ad, he pulled the sunday ad out and there it was for $9.99 but it had a "combined offer" and WinXP on it. (Worded very confusingly.)
He said if you buy two of the listed games (such as Pirates or City of Heroes - $29.99 each) you get the $20 mail in rebate.
So I went back and got Pirates which also rang up as $29.99 but no rebate showed up.
I was about to just say the hell with it I'll buy dawn of war for the $30 and he called the manager saying the rebate didn't show up.

Anyway to make a long story short, I ended up walking out of the store with Dawn of War and Sid Meier's Pirates for $21 and change. They ended up adjusting the prices of each game to $9.99 for me.  :lol:

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 05:04:50 PM »

You are a lucky lucky man. biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: