http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 02:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compusa clearance sales  (Read 879 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2006, 04:12:24 PM »

Not sure if they're all doing it, or if it's just the one in Highland Park, IL (Skokie Blvd.); but the Compusa near my office has row upon row of clearance priced xbox, gamecube, and ps2 games.  

my memory sucks and i can't remember offhand any of the real steals, but i'm going back at lunch and i'll check.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:21:11 AM »

DUDE!

I'm in Chicago; I could head on out there.  Let us know if there is anything cool.

Mmmmm.... cheap GC games....
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:47:41 AM »

omg I'm in Chicago too

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:52:14 AM »

I, as well, would like to hear.  I have a CompUSA about 35 mins. away and would drive there to check it out if you spotted some good deals.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:12:21 PM »

okay, here's some various prices:

PS2

SOCOM II  9.98
MG3: Snake Eater 14.98

in general, prices appear to be between 4.98 to 19.98 for pretty much all the games.  for the most part, the games are all at least 8 months old.  on the plus side, there had to be about 40 different titles on the 4 shelves the display took up.

XBOX

this was a little more dissapointing.  i saw Darkwatch for 19.99 new,  Jade Empire for 14.98, old EA sports titles for about 9.98 each (madden, fifa, etc.), and mafia for about 10 bucks.  other than that, most of the titles were 10 to 30 bucks a pop.  

overall, it's a crap shoot.  i picked up socom II as i love that series, but you can get it for the same money preowned at EB.  if you live closer to an EB or gamestop, i'd say it's comparable to their preowned pricing on these games, so it may not be worth a drive after all.

can anyone check a local compusa and see if they're all doing some housecleaning with video games?  it's almost like the one near my office is trying to get out of that line of retail.  if that's the case, we may see the pricing drop on these games even further in the near future.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: