http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 03:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compusa 360 Perfect Dark Zero CE 19.99  (Read 935 times)
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:43:20 PM »

As per the title, compusa has PDZ CE for 19.99. Looks to be in store and online, as well.

This tempts me... anyone have any input on this? I'm currently very, very addicted to Oblivion, but this looks like a very good deal.
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »

I really enjoy PDZ, but unfortunately I'm in the minority.  I like the weapons with multiple functions and the online multiplayer (up to 32 players with bot support) has lots of fun modes.  The collector's tin is really nice and you get a few themes and gamer pics with it as well.
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »

At that price I might bite.  No more though.  I will see if mine has a copy.  They seldom do unfortunately.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 06:12:33 AM »

Perfect Dark Zero is about the only 360 game I still play (since launch).. At $20, especially for the collector's edition, it's a steal!

I havent been able to play it online yet (no live) but it does have bots, up to 15, which are above average compared to all the other ones out there.
My only gripe is that, the bots dont play dark ops (they do in a recently released patch - but again, need live just to download it) and you are limited to 15, when other games, like battlefront 2, can handle 32 bots on the severly underpowered PS2 hardware.. surely a 360 could handle 32 bots if the ps2 can do it!

Really though, great game.. I dont understand all the hate for it, although I never played perfect dark on the N64.. which apparently is where a lot of it stems from.

In any case, its just $20.. I paid $49.99 for mine when it came out. Where can you go wrong?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 13, 2006, 06:12:33 AM

I havent been able to play it online yet (no live) but it does have bots, up to 15, which are above average compared to all the other ones out there.
My only gripe is that, the bots dont play dark ops (they do in a recently released patch - but again, need live just to download it) and you are limited to 15, when other games, like battlefront 2, can handle 32 bots on the severly underpowered PS2 hardware.. surely a 360 could handle 32 bots if the ps2 can do it!
Compare the graphics to PD:Z to BF2.  You have a lot more to render and bigger environments.  We get that you want more bots in your games.  Do you have to complain about it in every post you make about games like this?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »

it's a good deal, and a fun game. It has frustrating times in it, but all in all it is a solid B+ title.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »

We get that you want more bots in your games.  Do you have to complain about it in every post you make about games like this?

Who exactly is we? Do you speak on behalf of other people too? Interesting.

So yes, "WE" can (and will) complain about the bots in Perfect Dark Zero as much as "WE" want to.. if you don't like my posts,  simply skip over 'em.

Battlefield 2 to me was just a port of the Xbox/PS2 versions.. still only 24 players, nothing like it's PC counterpart (which I'm sure the 360's hardware would have had no problem handling) and of course, no bots to prolong the life of the singleplayer portion.
Hopefully they get things right with BF Bad Company, and given GameInformer's recent large preview on it, I'd say they're definitely on the right track. (Though the player limit still seems capped at 24 for some reason..)

Having said that, we still think PDZ is one hell of a great game!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »

Good price.  There is a lot of great ideas in PDZ and some pretty nice levels and weapon design.  It's bizarre to say considering the history of the game, but it would have been truly great with another six months in the cooker. 
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 04:03:39 PM »

I forgot to mention online co-op when I was praising the game before.  I just did the first four missions with a friend last night and it was the most fun I've had gaming in quite a while.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:22:54 AM »

I'm not sure about this, but I think the latest patches fixed the aim sluggishness that I had so despised before.

I recently rented the game as a party FPS for some friends as there were no other FPS games that had the features PDZ had.  I played it for a bit and noticed none of the aiming quirkyness of before.  There was also some halo style aim assistance like sticking to targets and such.

The movement is still quirky, the interface could use some other options (like setting the left trigger zoom mode to toggle between zooms instead of holding it down lightly for the lower zoom), and the characters are odd, but overall it's a solid game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: