http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 01:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chipotle: free burrito on Feb 13/14  (Read 2315 times)
unbreakable
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »

I just saw this at Chipotle: buy a $10 gift card in February (prior to the 13th or 14th, of course) and you can bring in your receipt on the the 13th/14th for a free burrito!

If you go there a lot, you can just get two gift cards and hit them up for a free burrito each day.

If you've never been to a Chipotle, do yourself a favor and try the barbacoa (shredded beef).
Eduardo X
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:59:14 AM »

That's a fucking deal.

PSN ID: EduardoX
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:20:03 PM »

I love their burrito bowls. Their chips and salsa is pretty tasty too.  thumbsup

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »

sweetness!!  I usually eat there 2 or 3 times a week since it's on my way home and I'm not much for cooking so I can totally spend the gift cards and get the freebies!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »

I was so happy when two more Chipotles opened in Virginia, one near where I work; and one to the west of where I live. Now I'm in the Chipotle Triangle. biggrin

I'm partial to the chicken, but I did try the barbacoa the other day, ending a streak of about 193 straight chicken orders there...

I had this amusing moment when I went by a Moe's Mexican Grill on Friday (I like them but I think Chipotle's ingredients and meats are better quality). One of the women working behind the counter kept looking up at me like she recognized me. It was only when I left that I realized, "Hey, she used to work at Chipotle!"  saywhat My dining world here is truly too small...

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 29, 2008, 05:55:12 PM

I had this amusing moment when I went by a Moe's Mexican Grill on Friday (I like them but I think Chipotle's ingredients and meats are better quality). One of the women working behind the counter kept looking up at me like she recognized me. It was only when I left that I realized, "Hey, she used to work at Chipotle!"  saywhat My dining world here is truly too small...

I like Moes, but our local one just went independent and is no longer a Moe's.  I'm hoping they don't change anything.

Because I can,
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on January 29, 2008, 03:20:03 PM

I love their burrito bowls. Their chips and salsa is pretty tasty too.  thumbsup

Their guacamole & chips is like $2.  It's a great tasting and cheapo snack.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »

I also love Chipotle!  And there's one near my work.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »

I have eaten way way too much of it.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 01:13:48 AM »

That exact thing happened to me, but at QDoba!

Denver and Boulder have an excellent fake Mexican place called Illegal Pete's, and they make potato burritos that are incredible. Also, unlike Chipotle and the like, they mix up the burritos before they wrap them, making them extra delicious. I miss the piss out of that place.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 03:47:34 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on January 30, 2008, 01:13:48 AM

Denver and Boulder have an excellent fake Mexican place called Illegal Pete's, and they make potato burritos that are incredible. Also, unlike Chipotle and the like, they mix up the burritos before they wrap them, making them extra delicious. I miss the piss out of that place.

Hmmm, it looks like I'll be going to Boulder for burritos this weekend.  I don't know too many places to eat around here yet and that sounds good. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 04:25:41 AM »

Potato burrito, huh?  Sounds good.  Did they put any kind of meat with it?
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 04:38:57 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 30, 2008, 04:25:41 AM

I don't remember.... Illegal Pete's!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on January 30, 2008, 04:38:57 AM

Taco Bell has a potato burrito.  Needless to say it's lacking.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 06:55:47 AM »

I think "potato burrito" is my new favorite phrase.  It's just fun to say unibrow

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 08:27:17 AM »

There's a Chipotle right next to campus and we often go there.  So 2 free Burritos, and gift cards that I can use for food later during the semester is a great deal for me.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 02:21:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 30, 2008, 04:59:28 AM

Quote from: Eduardo X on January 30, 2008, 04:38:57 AM

Taco Bueno's "Crunchy Potato Burrito," on the other hand, is not.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
unbreakable
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:41 PM »

As is everything on their menu.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 30, 2008, 04:57:41 PM

As is everything on their menu.

I kinda like the chalupas, especially when the shell is fresh.

Because I can,
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 06:34:04 PM »

The best thing about Chipotle is the guacamole.  It crushes the competition.  Most places try and fuck you over with fake guacamole where you are lucky if it has 20% avocado in it.
JSL

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 07:44:40 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 30, 2008, 03:47:34 AM

Hmmm, it looks like I'll be going to Boulder for burritos this weekend.  I don't know too many places to eat around here yet and that sounds good. 

I just tried Illegal Pete's on Sunday night and got the big potato burrito! Quite good and filling. If you are going to Boulder to try Illegal Pete's you will be at the famous Pearl Street mall, so you could check that out if you have not seen it yet.

I had Chipotle last night. The interesting thing about Chipotle is that as far as I know, there is only one item on the menu that actually has Chipotle in it: the salad. I almost always get a veggie salad when I go there and some chips. Their takeout paper bag makes a great lunch bag as well.  ninja

Thanks for the tip about the free burritos!

Edit: Actually, you could be at The Hill location, which is an interesting area as well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:46:53 PM by JSL » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »

The first Chipotle opened in Denver, if I recall. For a while, a lot of people were in a panic that McDonald's bought stock in the company -- that's apparently what helped the chain grow so fast for a while, but my understanding is McDonald's divested itself from the company in 2006. Which is good -- I don't think their meat quality (Chipotle is excellent, McD's not so much) was in line with McDonald's thinking.  icon_lol

I remember once having to wait in a second line because they were a little backed up on keeping up with demand for chicken. I liked that I actually heard and saw the manager reminding the cook to grill the chicken meat all the way through and not rush it just cause the line was backed up a little (I don't think the cook was going to rush it, but when I was a kid I got really ill one night after an undercooked cheeseburger at a fast food joint - so it was just comforting to me, and we all waited patiently, nobody made a fuss).

The first few times I ate at Chipotle I usually got the crispy tacos. The mistake I kept making is I'd ask for the mild *and* the medium salsa -- I guess I thought the chopped tomatoes were just tomatoes. And then my mouth would always be burning off (I'm not big on the mega spicy stuff - for me it tends to blot out the flavor).

I've started having barbacoa now and then because of recommendations here. smile I like it, but they seem to be a little less generous in portions with it than with the other meats -- maybe it's more precious...

We have a growing chain here in N. Va. (it's in a few other eastern states too) called California Tortilla (http://www.californiatortilla.com/index.html). It's good, and has some very interesting concoctions, but I haven't so far found one with an easy drive of me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:27:27 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 05:31:56 AM »

Man, this is a great deal!  I love Chipotle and eat there once or twice a week.  The chips are excellent.  Here is a tip:

You can ask for a side of salsa with your burrito and they won't charge you for it.  If you just order chips, it is $.70 (at least where I live).  However, if you order chips and salsa, it is $1.29.  So, ask for the free salsa and only pay $.70 for the chips and save yourself $.59 per trip.   icon_wink

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
unbreakable
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »

When they first opened a Chipotle near me, I made the mistake of getting their hot sauce.  It was so freaking hot, it would keep me awake all night and sitting on the toilet.  And I'm not a good judge of what's hot or not, because I'm far too used to spicy food to be able to tell.  But wow... that was crazy hot, I can only imagine what someone who wasn't so used to spicy food would have to go through.

Needless to say, they've long since toned down their hot sauce.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on February 05, 2008, 06:48:35 AM

When they first opened a Chipotle near me, I made the mistake of getting their hot sauce.  It was so freaking hot, it would keep me awake all night and sitting on the toilet.  And I'm not a good judge of what's hot or not, because I'm far too used to spicy food to be able to tell.  But wow... that was crazy hot, I can only imagine what someone who wasn't so used to spicy food would have to go through.

Needless to say, they've long since toned down their hot sauce.
I get mild, medium, and hot on my burritos. It just isn't enough! Even the habanero sauce at QDoba isn't enough.

JeRrYFaR
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 07:39:08 PM »

QDoba is a knockoff of Chipotle and a bad one at that. I noticed nobody has mentioned the 'carnitas'. IMO that is the better of their meals. I used to get two of their burritos with extra meat, but now I have to take it easy on the carbs. *sigh*. Now my meal of choice is:

Carnitas Burrito Bowl (extra meat)
Cilantro Lime Rice
Fajita Mix (Onions/Green peppers)
Hot, Corn, and Pico Salsa
Sour Cream and Cheese

I will definitely have to try that chips trick next time I'm in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: