http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:12:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armed Assault Exp: Queens Gambit - $6 & vanilla Arma - $15  (Read 1273 times)
Creepy_Smell
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:16:30 PM »

I saw gogamer has ArmA's Queens Gambit for $6 for its 48 hr madness (though its showing as 109hrs left as I post). Beats paying $20-30 for it as I've heard that while its better missions than ArmA's OC its short. While I want to play its missions, I'm mainly getting it for the new island and units since a lots of mods are starting to require it. Low price finally puts it in buy mode as I wasn't $20 missing the new content.

I also noticed that Amazon has vanilla ArmA for $15. (Gogamer still charging $40 for it). Not bad to get basically the gold version for $20 when the actual gold package is $50.

Be sure and nab the latest patch (beta 1.12) as it definately improves a lot the release bugs/ai issues. Grab some good mods based on this realism and immersion guide. Additional big gameplay/AI mods to check out are SLX, ECS or XAM.

Of course if you didn't like OFP you won't like ArmA as its basically OFP with a facelift (think OFP 1.5) and many feel that OFP + graphic mods are just as good. I like and still play both though mainly for custom missions and the editor.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:32:26 PM by Creepy_Smell » Logged

Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »

Thanks for the tip!  I'm ordering Queen's Gambit today.
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 03:17:06 AM »

I always wanted to try this one. I loved OFP back in the day.  Thanks for the heads up.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 03:47:51 AM »

I gave up on ArmA. It just ran like crap and looked like crap, and instead of patching it, BiS put out this expansion. I'll wait for ArmA2 and Codemaster's try at OFP 2.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »

Yeah there's a lot of really cool ideas in ArmA but I'll be damned if the execution isn't just plain terrible in a lot of ways.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »

Looks like I got my copy of both in the mail at the right time. There is a big patch that came out this week. It looks like it removes copy protection, releases an editor, and adds a new multiplayer mode.  I found the info on the update here http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=5627#.  The actual company website is less specific but it can be downloaded here: http://www.armedassault.com/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: