http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 12:59:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRU B2G1 coming soon  (Read 2685 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 04:20:24 AM »

check your local cheapassgamer.com  website smile

seems that sometime at the end of this month we'll be getting another Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's a yearly deal for them and it's a great chance to get a decent deal on some games. Especially with all the games coming this holiday.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 06:21:22 PM »

Hm... I've got a $100 gift certificate for TRU coming my way.  I wonder if they'll honor both it and the buy 2 get 1 free deal?
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 06:28:57 PM »

I just wanted to mention that I'm proud of myself for figuring out what this thread's title means before clicking on it slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

Perfect timing. By the end of October, they'll be a bunch of games I'll want to buy (Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat, Fable, etc). The deal applies to all games right?
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 08:19:39 PM »

Sweet ass sweet.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 09:13:31 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I just wanted to mention that I'm proud of myself for figuring out what this thread's title means before clicking on it slywink

I thought it had something to do with a deal on Baldur's Gate...   :?
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 03:11:42 PM »

<==Dumbass

Quote from: "Exodor"

I thought it had something to do with a deal on Baldur's Gate...   :?

I thought it was something to do with BG as well. frown

omgz
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 03:52:52 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Perfect timing. By the end of October, they'll be a bunch of games I'll want to buy (Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat, Fable, etc). The deal applies to all games right?

Not necessarily.  Last time, there was a list of games that you had to choose from.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 08:48:57 PM »

Quote from: "dangerballs"

Not necessarily.  Last time, there was a list of games that you had to choose from.

Was there really? I seem to remember getting some fairly new games last time (from what I recall, I got SSX3, Disgaea, and Mario Kart: DD!!). I believe that at least two of those had only been out about a week.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 06:44:57 AM »

There most certainly was not a list.

I've been working at TRU for the last 4 years. We've run the same sale in October the last 3. If you were informed by an employee that  you could only pick from certain games then you were lied to.

There were never any stipulations on which games you bought, only that the cheapest game you picked of the 3 would be the one deducted from the total.

So, buying two $50 games and one $20 games only saves you 20 bucks.

It's really not such a hot deal unless there's three brand new games you really just have to have.

In my case I get three games for $100, - 10% discount, - 20% holiday employee coupon on single purchase over $50.

Great stuff. If I remember the pricing correctly I end up with three brand new games for like $85.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 07:00:43 AM »

The reason I said that was at the Toys'r'us in Cedar Rapids when I went to the last sale (or maybe the one before that) there was a list printed out (it looked corporate on glossy print-ad paper) that had different games on it.  The sale only worked for games that were listed on the paper.  Maybe its different based on region.

I also recall that they had increased the price of some of the older games and included them on the list, too.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 03:18:33 AM »

I also recall that they had increased the price of some of the older games and included them on the list, too.

Yeah, last year the hiked the prices on everything they could before Christmas. I spent hours and hours for a couple of weeks with price change lists printing new shelf tags.

I haven't seen any prices rising so far this year, most of them are small drops. I think maybe the company's finally realizing they can't raise the prices and still pull in the kind of business they want. Of course now that I've said that, they'll probably raise a bunch of prices tomorrow.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 01:43:49 AM »

IMO, unless you have cash coming out of your eyeballs, you are better off getting the good $19.99 games in this deal.  Last year, I got three brand new games for $100, but 6 months later, all three were going for $19.99.   Besides, there are too many great games out there that you can't possibly have played them all before their prices stop dropping.  It seems that even for good games, you can get them for $29.99 or less within 6 months of their release.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 07:24:40 PM »

So would it be save to assume that this is going to happen next week?

LiveTAG: happydog
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 08:15:46 PM »

That's the word.  Check your Sunday paper.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: