http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:21:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Target] B2G1 PS4/XB1 launch games. Amazon too!  (Read 685 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:10 PM »

saw this over on CAG

* This is only directly confirmed for PS4, but the OP there states that this will be followed up by a similar deal for XB1

they have an ad from a flyer with the details, dated November 10-16.  looks like the following are noted, plus it states 'more in store
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
NBA 2K14
Madden 25
FIFA 14
AC IV
BF4

if this is true, I'll definitely be using it to get KZ, AC and BF.  note that as Target usually adjusts the cost of each game in deals like these, you could potentially walk away $40 on the 1 or 2 games you want.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:46:34 PM by Caine » Logged

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

I imagine 'more in store' means that almost every launch game will be included.  If they offer this online I'll probably cancel a couple of my Amazon pre-orders for the XB1 versions and grabbing them that way.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »

Does anyone know what day Target is actually going to start selling PS4 games? I would love to pick mine up prior to the 15th.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »

apparently Sony let the reins slip and anything on the shelf can be sold as soon as it comes in.  speculation is that this means Target may run out before the sale begins.  This should also apply to the Nov 15 list

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »

This started today.  They only have a few titles in, though.  A couple more on Tuesday.  And the last few on Friday.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »

Looks like Amazon is matching this, at least for existing preorders.  I just got this email from them:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering multiple PS4 games. You have qualified for a free game from a selection of PS4 titles.

Add one of the qualifying items to your cart and at checkout apply your individual claim code: XXXXXXXXX

Your savings will be displayed in your Order Summary. Offer is valid through November 16, 2013.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »

here's the main page for the Amazon deal.  Might as well Amazon to the thread title Tongue

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 10:46:46 PM »

even better, they're doing something on Tuesday, but for a limited time only.  9am -1pm PST

detail page

What is the promotion? This is a buy 2 get 1 free promotion. Simply add 3 of the select list of PS4 games to your cart. At checkout, use the eight digit promotional code, GR8TNESS. The discount will be reflected in your Order Summary.

What is the promotional code? GR8TNESS

When will the promotion be applied? The promotion will be applied at checkout after you enter the promotional code.

What games qualify for the Buy 2 get 1 promotion? The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on the promotional landing page. The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers do not qualify.

- Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
- Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
- FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
- Knack (PlayStation 4)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
- NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
- Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 10:51:38 PM »

fwiw, there are people on CAG who have been able to get most ps4 games today, and use a 30% off coupon (which is highly random, but worth a shot.  basically, have a willing cashier scan one of those pre-order cards.  if it doesn't add a coupon, void and try again.  it's not known why the coupon does or doesn't print)

it would be a even better deal if you can score that.  

there's also been some claims that best buy is matching this in store, so you might want to try them too. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:53:26 PM by Caine » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 10:57:11 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 10, 2013, 10:46:46 PM

even better, they're doing something on Tuesday, but for a limited time only.  9am -1pm PST

that's the same deal I linked to, but it didn't say anything about Tuesday when I saw it earlier.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »

yeah.  just wanted to make it more obvious. 

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »

On Amazon does anyone know which sipping option to select if you want the games on launch day? I'm not a prime member. Nothing would be worse than ordering them on Tuesday and then not get them by Friday.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 11, 2013, 12:06:58 PM

On Amazon does anyone know which sipping option to select if you want the games on launch day?

You want the one where you extend your pinky.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 11, 2013, 01:46:25 PM

On Amazon does anyone know which sipping option to select if you want the games on launch day?

I don't get that joke at all.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 11, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

On Amazon does anyone know which sipping [sic]option to select if you want the games on launch day?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »

He meant shipping, put typed sipping (as in tea where one faces the etiquette form of pinky up vs down.)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 11, 2013, 02:40:44 PM

Quote from: Scraper on November 11, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

On Amazon does anyone know which sipping [sic]option to select if you want the games on launch day?

Fuck me it's Monday morning. I didn't even see that typo.

Anyway my question still stands. Anyone know which "shipping" option to select to get them on launch day?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »

on a side note, the B2G1 is for all consoles, and there are indeed 3 XB1 games in there.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 11, 2013, 02:56:53 PM

Anyway my question still stands. Anyone know which "shipping" option to select to get them on launch day?

I don't know for sure with non-Prime, but with Prime you just select the 2-day shipping and it comes on release day. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »

About Release-Date Delivery

Release-Date Delivery is available for eligible pre-order items we can deliver on the release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. Some carriers make deliveries to residential addresses as late as 7 p.m.

Shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item and are displayed on the order confirmation page. For Amazon Prime members, Release-Date Delivery is free when selecting Two-Day Shipping.

Tracking information isn't always available from carriers online for Release-Date Delivery. To see if it's available for your order, go to Tracking Your Package.

In the event of a missed delivery, we'll refund the shipping charge. This doesn't apply if a delivery is attempted but no one is available to accept the package. A signature isn't required for most Release-Date Delivery items, but we can't guarantee whether our carrier will leave a package if no one is available to accept it. If the package isn't left on your doorstep on the release date, your mail carrier should leave a note explaining your options for re-delivery or picking up the package at your local Post Office.

If a service interruption or failure outside of Amazon.com's control occurs, including interruptions to our transportation systems or the services provided by our carriers, the Release-Date Delivery shipping charge refund doesn't apply.

Note: Release-Date Delivery isn't available to Amazon Lockers, Alaska, Hawaii, international destinations, P.O. Boxes, or APO/FPO addresses.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 09:51:33 PM »

looks like they added NFS Rivals

- Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
- Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
- FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
- Knack (PlayStation 4)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
- NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 11, 2013, 09:51:33 PM

If you're talking about Amazon, that has been there since I initially got my email yesterday.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 11, 2013, 10:56:57 PM

If you're talking about Amazon, that has been there since I initially got my email yesterday.

it was a recent addition. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 11, 2013, 11:02:41 PM

No, I for a fact saw it yesterday when I got my email because I checked the list immediately and didn't get that game because I already have it preordered for the Xbox One.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 11, 2013, 11:04:56 PM

Quote from: Caine on November 11, 2013, 11:02:41 PM

No, I for a fact saw it yesterday when I got my email because I checked the list immediately and didn't get that game because I already have it preordered for the Xbox One.
I think the email went out a while after the page was created.  I only got the email about midnight.  it wasn't there when I checked yesterday and the CAG forums are full of people who were complaining that NFS wasn't included.  

no worries though.  I'm just happy it's part of the promo now

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »

saw this. Amazon added a bonus to PS4 purchases. Link

Buy a PS4 Game, Get a $5 Credit for the Amazon PlayStation Network Store
Between 9:00AM PST on November 12, 2013 and 9:00AM PST on November 13, 2013, purchase any PS4 title below and get a $5 credit to use in our new Amazon PlayStation Network Store, featuring digital games and DLC for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. We will send you confirmation of your credit via email within two days after your qualifying order ships. This credit must be used by 12/31/2014 (and cannot be used on Amazon.com Gift Cards or PlayStation Network Gift Cards). To redeem your credit, simply purchase a qualifying digital item from the Amazon PlayStation Network Store (digital items will have [Digital Code] in the title). Your credit will be automatically applied during checkout. Limit one per customer. Shop PlayStation Network.

now, I just need to get lucky and get the games ordered...

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »

deal is live.  there are limited quantities of NFS, NBA2k14 and no current date of availability. 

picked up NFS, KZ4 and Lego Marvel for the kids.  I figure I'll try my hand with AC4 today at Target with some other games or just get it separate. 

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 05:21:10 PM »

Got one order in (hated that I had to break it into 2).

By the time I put the second set together, Lego Marvel sold out, and the code won't apply.  Tried to swap it for NFS, same thing.  And BF4 is showing as arriving on the 18th.

So now I still have to hunt down BF4, Lego Marvel and Knack. Target doesn't sell Knack in stores.  Sigh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:23:27 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »

I was all set to put my order in at 12 and then work got in my way. So I just placed it. Killzone is on back order, but Fifa and Assassin's Creed are set to arrive on Friday.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »

Bullwinkle, it's not allowed:

How many times can I use the promo code? The promotion is limited to one per customer.

I really hope they get restocked soon

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 12, 2013, 05:21:10 PM

Target doesn't sell Knack in stores.  Sigh.

Someone should tell my Target.  They had it on display.  I went there before the Amazon sale went live.  They had limited quantities out.  I grabbed Killzone, AC4 and grabbed a PS3 title as my third since I didn't see any other PS4 game I couldn't live without.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 12, 2013, 06:06:27 PM

Bullwinkle, it's not allowed:

How many times can I use the promo code? The promotion is limited to one per customer.

I really hope they get restocked soon

Well, that explaininates it.  I was able to get close to the same deal at BB, so I lucked out.

Quote from: Hrothgar on November 12, 2013, 06:37:31 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 12, 2013, 05:21:10 PM

Target doesn't sell Knack in stores.  Sigh.

Someone should tell my Target.  They had it on display.  I went there before the Amazon sale went live.  They had limited quantities out.  I grabbed Killzone, AC4 and grabbed a PS3 title as my third since I didn't see any other PS4 game I couldn't live without.

Huh.  I looked online and called the store and everything.  Of course, the guy I talked to was a complete moron.  Couldn't get past the idea that Legos were toys not video games, for example.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 02:03:30 AM »

stopped by Target and got AC4, NBA2K14 and BF4.  Got the last copies of both NBA and BF, so I was pretty lucky.    I asked about the 30% off coupon that a lot of CAG people have been able to get and use on PS4, but when I asked, the manager got a little weird with me and said that he would honor the coupon if people had one, but as he knew I didn't, he... (he let the sentence end there. )  I didn't want to press my luck and lose out so I just got what I had.  I don't really have the time to try for the coupon and do a return/rebuy.

They still had lots of copies of Ghosts, 2 copies each of Madden and FIFA and that was it.  figures that I ordered NFS from Amazon and now it's got a delivery date of 12/30; I could have picked up a copy of it at Target and got Knack instead of NBA2k14.  I haven't decided whether to open that or not yet. 

I haven't ever been this excited for getting something I can't even play yet.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 03:41:19 AM »

Well, I sat back and got my 3 games for the price of 2 shipped to me and waiting on my doorstep by preordering from Amazon.   icon_biggrin

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 03:47:46 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 12, 2013, 10:56:39 PM

Of course, the guy I talked to was a complete moron.  Couldn't get past the idea that Legos were toys not video games, for example.

That's why we invented staircases...

Spoiler for Hiden:
... and pushing. I've gotten my money's worth from that little endeavor. icon_lol

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »

My amazon order of AC4 and Fifa are set to arrive on Friday. Killzone is scheduled for Saturday. So that back order wasn't such a big deal on Killzone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: