http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 01:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Best Buy] PS3 3D Display $199.99  (Read 696 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:04:41 AM »

with free shipping.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:36:15 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »

Still not worth it. Another mis-designed Sony item nobody wanted.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »

It might be worth it if you use it as a computer moniter too. I wonder if Nvidia 3D tech works with it?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »

Price down to $199.99 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+-+PlayStation+3D+Display+Bundle/2891051.p?id=1218360683860&skuId=2891051&st=playstation%20display&cp=1&lp=1

It's on backorder but a lot of the stores still have it. I'm planning on picking one up on Friday after I get paid as a 3D Display (not to mention free PS3 game) at $200 is too hard to pass up.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on May 14, 2012, 10:27:24 PM

It might be worth it if you use it as a computer moniter too. I wonder if Nvidia 3D tech works with it?

I was interested and did a little research.  It's not supported by nvidia so you have to use a modified inf (driver software) to get it to work.  and even then it will only do 24hz...although the maker of the driver says it might do 60hz at 1024x768.  Also, the glare off the monitor is apparently horrendous and makes using it in anything but the darkest man cave an exercise in pain.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 05:41:42 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 05, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

Quote from: Scraper on May 14, 2012, 10:27:24 PM

I was interested and did a little research.  It's not supported by nvidia so you have to use a modified inf (driver software) to get it to work.  and even then it will only do 24hz...although the maker of the driver says it might do 60hz at 1024x768.  Also, the glare off the monitor is apparently horrendous and makes using it in anything but the darkest man cave an exercise in pain.

I love caves.slywink
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »

I finally picked this up. Still $199.99 at Best Buy, they had 7 or 8 in stock. If you're lucky enough sometimes they have "open box" versions for $149.99.

Everything from the box to the monitor itself this thing looks awesome! It works fine for 2D, and 3D is a nice bonus. I didn't notice much of a glare at all.
So far have tried SOCOM 3 in 3D, which was fun but not sure it's something I'd use all the time.

Haven't had the chance to try a 3D movie yet.

According to the box you can use it as a computer monitor as well. Haven't tested that either as my ancient computer lacks an HDMI port.

Over all it was worth $200, IMO.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 14, 2012, 11:42:17 AM

I finally picked this up. Still $199.99 at Best Buy, they had 7 or 8 in stock. If you're lucky enough sometimes they have "open box" versions for $149.99.

Everything from the box to the monitor itself this thing looks awesome! It works fine for 2D, and 3D is a nice bonus. I didn't notice much of a glare at all.
So far have tried SOCOM 3 in 3D, which was fun but not sure it's something I'd use all the time.

Haven't had the chance to try a 3D movie yet.

According to the box you can use it as a computer monitor as well. Haven't tested that either as my ancient computer lacks an HDMI port.

Over all it was worth $200, IMO.

I would love to hear how it looks as a comp monitor because I really need a new one and that's a great price for everything you get with it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »

FYI this is down to $179 new at Best Buy. I finally pulled the trigger on it since one of my smaller tvs just went out. I figure for $179 the tv alone is worth it, not to mention that  I actually want Motor Storm and it's a no brainer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: