http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 09:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Sale 6-10/6-16: The Old Republic + Risen + Cataclysm + Stargate Sale  (Read 254 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »

$19.99

$19.99

$5.99 (download only)

also, they're having both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis complete series sets on sale (DVD only)

$54.99

$39.99
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:31:24 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »

on a related note it does appear that the complete series of Stargate Atlantis on blu ray is having a decent discount at $91.75.  it also appears to have better packaging than either Stargate set-  the reviews mention horrible packaging and scratched disc for either DVD set.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 10, 2012, 01:28:43 PM

on a related note it does appear that the complete series of Stargate Atlantis on blu ray is having a decent discount at $91.75.  it also appears to have better packaging than either Stargate set-  the reviews mention horrible packaging and scratched disc for either DVD set.

I have both of these DVD sets. The packaging for the Stargate:SG-1 isn't very good as the reviews suggest. And there were a couple of discs where the playback would studder/stop during playback. The only way to get past those points were to skip a chapter or try and FF through it. Was a major pain though and I think there was an episode or two we just gave up on trying to watch. The discs that had this problem didn't appear to have scratches on them and I can't recall any of them having scratches but there were certainly lose discs in the case when I got the set.

For the 4-5 episodes this occured with its still a good price for it.

Did not recall the same issue with the Atlantis box set which I don't think was quite as crazy.

I should also mention that all the Stargate show seasons/post movies/etc are on Netflix streaming and if you don't feel the need to own that's the much cheaper route to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: