Taken from a GamersWithJobs post.
Details shamelessly stolen from reddit
.Star Trek News
- Will be set in the Prime Universe. 10 years before Kirk's 5-year mission. Prequel Confirmed.
- Fuller says Star Trek: Discovery takes events mentioned in previous iterations of Trek but "never full explored"
- Incident at the center of Star Trek: Discovery is not the Romulan War, Fuller says
- Star Trek: Discovery to have Female lead
- Female lead will be human, but not captain
- Lead will be a Lt. Commander "with caveats"
- The first season will be 13 episodes
- Fuller: “We’ll probably have a few more aliens than you normally do in a Star Trek cast”
- "Absolutely we're having a gay character." - Bryan Fuller
- will be serialized but each weekly chapter will also feature closed-end stories
- "Discovery is set so close to the Kirk era that we can play with all the iconography of those ships and those uniforms.”
- Fuller: "We are not subject to broadcast standards & practices. Neither was Hannibal and we got away with murder."
- Spock's mother Amanda Grayson "maybe" will be featured in Discovery but will not be central.
- Bryan Fuller on the lead not being a captain: "We’ve seen 6 series from a captain’s point of view"
- Series will center around an event referenced in TOS
- One of the alien characters is named Saru
- There will be robots in Star Trek Discovery. You can also bend space and time
- Sources tell THR the rest of the cast will also feature an openly gay actor to play one one of the male leads (which Fuller confirmed), a female admiral, a male Klingon captain, a male admiral, a male adviser and a British male doctor.CBS All Access information
- There will be ads. about 12 minutes per hour
- Head of CBS All Access: "It’s the lightest ad load you can get. We’re toying with the idea of a commercial free option."
How can people rise to the level of executive and be so stupid? Do they really think Star Trek is good enough that I will pay a monthly fee for CBS All Access and
be willing to have 12 minutes of ads per hour?