http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 11:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Persona should I play first?  (Read 380 times)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

I'm a Persona noob. And since 1,2,and 3 are all $9 on the PSN right now I was thinking about getting one for my trip this weekend. So is it ok to start with part 3 and is part 3 better than part 2? Which one should I get?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »

Persona 1 and 2 are very different games from those that followed.  I won't tell you not to play them, but I will say that they were not for me.  There is also no connecting story arc to worry about.

There's a reason the series exploded in popularity with Persona 3.  Unfortunately, the PSP version had to make some important compromises to fit on a handheld system.  The biggest, which has you maneuvering around town with a mouse cursor rather than moving your character through 3D environments, really pulls you out of the game and makes it much harder to connect with your character.  It isn't bad...just less good.

I would highly recommend Persona 3: FES which was the definitive PS2 version, or Persona 4 for the PS2 or Vita.

-Autistic Angel
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:50:22 AM »

Here's another vote for 3.   I played 1 and put it down after a few hours.  Just couldn't get into it.  Reluctantly tried 3 recently, a few years after abandoning 1.  It got its hooks into me very quickly. 

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 05:55:46 AM »

I was recently thinking of trying out the series as well, so you answered my questions too. Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: