http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 03:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncharted G.A. Reviewers a bit tough on this one?  (Read 1020 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:49:38 AM »

I always loved the uncharted series. Three really great games. So maybe I'm biased... Some reviews I've read on this are extremely beating it down. I'm three hrs in and I'm loving the hell out of it. Phenomenal graphics, great music score and sound design and the story and gameplay are solid. Anyone else confused by the negative reviews?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:10:47 AM »

I made a new thread with my impressions, but to answer your specific question: Yes, the reviewers are a bit tough on this one. If they hadn't played the other Uncharted games, this one would be getting 90%-scores everywhere. It's an excellent game.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »

Yeah, it's a great game.....I just think that game reviewers are punishing it for being more Uncharted and they are sick of Uncharted right now since Uncharted 3 just came out.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »

The only other thing I can imagine is that Uncharted sets the story telling bar really high, and so far this one is not at that level.  Also, I'm only a handful of chapters in, but with none of the other main characters yet, it feels a little like they're doing one of those episodes on television where the regular characters get tangled up with another group in a thinly disguised pilot for another show. 

But that's me trying to figure out what the issue might be. 

So far, I think it's great.  Easily the most impressive original launch title.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »

The worst review I've read recently was about Hot Shots Golf.   IGN actually knocked the game in his summary and scoring because you can apparently play an entire 9 holes of golf and screw it all up in 1 hole.

I laughed out loud when I read it.    This person had apparently reviewed this game without having any exposure to the game of golf at ALL.    I mean... I don't really play golf in real life, but even I know that what he just knocked the game about is *EXACTLY* what the game of golf is all about.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on February 28, 2012, 02:58:30 PM

The worst review I've read recently was about Hot Shots Golf.   IGN actually knocked the game in his summary and scoring because you can apparently play an entire 9 holes of golf and screw it all up in 1 hole.

I laughed out loud when I read it.    This person had apparently reviewed this game without having any exposure to the game of golf at ALL.    I mean... I don't really play golf in real life, but even I know that what he just knocked the game about is *EXACTLY* what the game of golf is all about.

I read that in one of these threads too. The game plays just like every other Hot Shots Golf game. Realistic physics, silly characters, tons of cosmetic and equipment unlocks. It's certainly MOTS, but if you like HSG, it's great.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »

I also read that about hotshots. I freaking live that game as well so far. And you're right, knocking a game for it playing like its real life counterpart...

And after more uncharted, it's still pretty damn impressive!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: