http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 04:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS Vita Impressions! Price drop! Casual Edition! Vita TV!  (Read 39614 times)
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 03, 2013, 03:16:04 AM »

So, say I picked up a Vita on Black Friday am getting a Vita from Santa.  It is bundled with a 4GB memory card.  Is 4GB adequate, or will I be wishing I had more memory?  How much should I be looking to get once the Christmas expenses have expired?
MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 03, 2013, 05:11:17 AM »

Quote from: Blackhawk on December 03, 2013, 03:16:04 AM

Is 4GB adequate, or will I be wishing I had more memory?

Nope. Yup.  icon_wink

Of course, it all depends on how much downloading you do.  I have a 32GB which it shows as a '29GB Capacity' card with ~6GB left on it. I have ~30 games downloaded, a mixture of Vita & PSP / PS1 games plus saves and installed data from 10 cartridge games.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 03, 2013, 05:38:03 AM »

yeah, 4 gig isn't that big anymore.  Fortunately there seem to be some fairly decent sales that bring the memory card prices down from insane to crazy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: December 03, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »

yeah, keep your eyes open.  gamestop has done crazy good with the mem card sales this week.  first, they had 8gb for $10 on BF, then today, they had 16 for $20 and 32 for $40.  picked up a 32gb card myself. 

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 03, 2013, 02:18:15 PM »

32 is the minimum I would go. If you have PS+ you will fill up an 8 or 16 so fast it's not even funny. And if you have a Vita then you MUST have PS+. At least two games a month are available for the Vita through Plus.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »

Ick.  That makes me wish I'd had a little extra money in November.  I'll get by on the 4GB until January.  Now, though, I now that I need to plan for it.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: December 03, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »

Don't listen to him. 16 GB is enough as long as you don't expect to keep your entire game library installed at all times... after a while. You'll be fine for a good few months anyway.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 03, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »

Don't listen to him, if you're going to grab one it might as well be a 32GB so you don't have to worry about upgrading for a while smile

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1128 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »

Except the 32 GB version is disproportionately expensive compared to the 16 GB card, giving it less value for money.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 03, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »

16GB $39.99, 32GB $79.99 for their regular prices.  double the price for double the space.  true, he could get a 16 and maybe the prices will drop if he decides he needs more space, but as small as these things are I'd say go with the big one that will never need to be taken out.  seriously, a cat could eat these things:

Because I can,
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 03, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »

The issue is the extra $40.  I'll be lucky to pull off the first $40, and even that will have to wait until January.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1131 on: December 03, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »

that's why I jumped at it.  sadly, I didn't get in with Amazon PM'ing it.  Now I'll have to wait for gamestop's slow as snails shipping method.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 01, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »

Finally broke down and sold my Vita yesterday.  frown  It's such an awesome piece of hardware, but there is simply isn't a single game coming out over the next year that interests me.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 02, 2014, 05:08:56 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 03, 2013, 10:03:46 PM

16GB $39.99, 32GB $79.99 for their regular prices.  double the price for double the space.  true, he could get a 16 and maybe the prices will drop if he decides he needs more space, but as small as these things are I'd say go with the big one that will never need to be taken out.  seriously, a cat could eat these things:

You just wanted an excuse to take a picture of your watch! :p
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1134 on: January 03, 2014, 08:13:48 PM »

While it is not the favorite portable system, so far I been enjoying the PS Vita.

I rent the games from Gamefly and I have PS Plus free games that I enjoy.

However, it is true that I still do not paid for new PS Vita and still don't have must get games.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 12, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 03, 2013, 09:35:25 PM

Don't listen to him. 16 GB is enough as long as you don't expect to keep your entire game library installed at all times... after a while. You'll be fine for a good few months anyway.

I'm the type of person that likes their entire library pre-installed on the device. I was forced to import the 64GB card over Christmas. $92. But I agree that 16GB would be more than enough for most people, if they use the Vita strictly as a gaming device. That is easily enough to hold 8-10 titles, and even more if you are an indie gamer.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1136 on: February 10, 2014, 10:37:53 PM »

so, Sony semi-announced a new model:
Twitter
And yep, the slimmer, lighter PS Vita is coming to North America. Full details coming soon, stay tuned

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1137 on: February 11, 2014, 04:18:26 AM »

they'll also have the new slim in a bundle with Borderlands 2 and an 8gb card for $200

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 12, 2014, 07:56:12 AM »

Quote from: Caine on February 11, 2014, 04:18:26 AM

they'll also have the new slim in a bundle with Borderlands 2 and an 8gb card for $200

Already have a vita, but I can't wait for the game.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 08, 2014, 02:52:31 AM »

So, my wife now owns a slim Vita and I got the Borderlands 2 code. smile

The slim Vita is quite nice and the screen is pretty good. I still prefer the OLED screen, but the LCD screen on the slim is not bad at all.

As for Borderlands 2, it's awesome on the Vita. I was a little scared about how it would look, based on screenshots...but I am happy to report that it looks great on the Vitas screen. I can't tell the difference between the PS3 and vita versions do the game. The only thing you have to get used to is the controls which map things like melee to the back pad...which can mean there will be a lot of unintentional melee done by you when you are first starting out. After a little bit though you adjust and haven't had any problems since.

Man, the Vita is rocking for me this year. Lots of great games and remote play on the PS4 is fantastic.  icon_biggrin

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 10, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on May 08, 2014, 02:52:31 AM

So, my wife now owns a slim Vita and I got the Borderlands 2 code. smile

The slim Vita is quite nice and the screen is pretty good. I still prefer the OLED screen, but the LCD screen on the slim is not bad at all.
How is it to hold? I have fairly large albeit thin hands (I'm 6'4"  icon_smile). Read some concerns about the new model maybe being harder to grip (though I suspect accessory makers will come out with some sort of grip add-on for the Slim model). Just wondering -- I haven't seen the new model in stores yet.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 10, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »

It is noticeably lighter and thinner than the first Vita....but I didn't have any problems holding it. I have rather large hands as well, and I didn't find it noticeably harder to hold. I actually liked the smaller back pad on the slim and the larger grips on the back. It felt good.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 12, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »

I picked up the Vita 2.0 to replace my broken 1.0. I love the feel of the 2.0 in my hands, it is noticeably thinner and lighter. The change in screen isn't that noticeable either. If you go straight from the 1.0 to the 2.0 you can see a difference, but the 2.0 is still a really good screen and newcomers to the Vita shouldn't be bothered by the screen at all. I did have to adjust the brightness scale upwards in the system settings though, once I did that it was close to the look of the 1.0. The one thing that feels much better to me are the analog sticks, not sure what's different about them, but they seem to stick to my thumb better than the 1.0 version does. The added battery life is nice too.

All in all the 2.0 is a good system if you don't already have the 1.0 or need to replace yours.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1143 on: June 12, 2014, 05:25:40 PM »

nice.  I love the OLED, but the battery life could be better.  when/if my 1.0 model dies, I'll be upgrading to the newer one. 

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: