http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 09:45:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS Vita Impressions! Price drop! Casual Edition! Vita TV!  (Read 37020 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 25, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »

I got the 32GB and filled it pretty quickly (some of that is PSP holdovers).

I then got an 8GB for PS1 games.

Swapping memory cards is an awful affair.  There's a very long wait while the PSP loads everything on the newly inserted card.  Then another when you swap back.  Even worse is that if you had everything in neatly arranged folders before swapping, say hello to chaos.  The icons are jumbled into a completely random spew across the various tiles.  Of course, any changes you made to colors and backgrounds of those tiles still seems to exist, but everything else is scattered willy-nilly.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 25, 2012, 03:58:40 PM »

As an FYI I went with the 32GB card which ends up giving you 29GB of usable space. I have 7 games on physical media installed, 13 PSP games ( not that I play them but I could  Roll Eyes ) and 7 downloaded Vita games. All that takes 13GB.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 25, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 25, 2012, 03:54:20 PM

Even worse is that if you had everything in neatly arranged folders before swapping, say hello to chaos.

Folders? On the Vita?

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 25, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »

the 32 gig card has been hovering between $75 and $80 on Amazon, but didn't they say something about being able to download stuff to your PC for transfer to the Vita in the future?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 25, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on November 25, 2012, 04:03:39 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 25, 2012, 03:54:20 PM

Even worse is that if you had everything in neatly arranged folders before swapping, say hello to chaos.

Folders? On the Vita?

I was using folders then switched to tiles later.  Tiles works better.  Read that as tiles.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2012, 03:41:19 AM »

Yeah folders on vita? Tiles?  eek
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 26, 2012, 03:41:19 AM

Yeah folders on vita? Tiles?  eek

Gorrammit.  Pages.  Screens.  Scrollie deals that contain icons.  Call 'em whatever you want.  *Fist Shaking*

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 27, 2012, 06:08:42 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 26, 2012, 01:55:44 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 26, 2012, 03:41:19 AM

Yeah folders on vita? Tiles?  eek

Gorrammit.  Pages.  Screens.  Scrollie deals that contain icons.  Call 'em whatever you want.  *Fist Shaking*

LOL... any of those names would have worked for me. It was just the fact that I've seen people begging for folders to be added to the screens / tiles / pages / scrollie deals to help organize groups of icons that made me think I'd missed an annoucement or O/S upgrade or something.  icon_wink

-craig

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 28, 2012, 03:43:16 AM »

Hey, I keep meaning to mention that you should try Frobisher Says if you haven't yet.  Best Warioware clone I've seen.  Very amusing, too.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1049 on: November 28, 2012, 04:12:17 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 28, 2012, 03:43:16 AM

Hey, I keep meaning to mention that you should try Frobisher Says if you haven't yet.  Best Warioware clone I've seen.  Very amusing, too.

I tried it out on the recommendation of the Giant Bomb guys as well, and I guess that type of game is just not my thing.  By the time I figured out wtf they wanted from me the time was generally about up, which made for more frustration than fun.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: November 28, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 28, 2012, 04:12:17 AM

I tried it out on the recommendation of the Giant Bomb guys as well, and I guess that type of game is just not my thing.  By the time I figured out wtf they wanted from me the time was generally about up, which made for more frustration than fun.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but once you do get the game requirements down, it becomes hectic and fun.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 12, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 28, 2012, 05:16:38 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 28, 2012, 04:12:17 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean, but once you do get the game requirements down, it becomes hectic and fun.

I was wondering about this game. It is free and all...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 19, 2013, 11:32:20 PM »

just in time for the big event tomorrow, a retrospective of the PSP and PS Vita.  so many years of Vita memories!  icon_lol

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »

Hey, is there someplace official where one can make suggestions to Sony / Playstation, maybe an email address? Meaning someplace where it won't immediately get lost in a sea of mostly worthless messages.

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 21, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »

looks like the digital download business is doing well with the Vita:

"Digital business is the faster growing business" he said. "We do not publish numbers, but every month it's almost a new record that the purchase on Vita is higher than the PS3, because everything is available [digitally]."

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-digital-business-is-the-faster-growing-business--246237.phtml

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 22, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »

also, no North American price cut.

Because I can,
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 22, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2013, 11:57:56 PM

looks like the digital download business is doing well with the Vita:

"Digital business is the faster growing business" he said. "We do not publish numbers, but every month it's almost a new record that the purchase on Vita is higher than the PS3, because everything is available [digitally]."

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-digital-business-is-the-faster-growing-business--246237.phtml

That's sort of full of weasel words though. Of course you would expect a newer console with a small install base to have faster-growing sales than a console with a mature market and rumors of an impending successor. And the 'almost' means that it might not even be there.

Also - for anyone else with a Vita, is the PSN store just a godawful mess for anyone else lately? For the past month or so I can hardly check even new releases without retrying multiple times, let alone browse any selection, and the one thing I did buy (Pinball Arcade table pack) I had to retry 3 times. It might have been longer - hadn't touched the store in months before that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 22, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on February 22, 2013, 03:49:20 PM

Also - for anyone else with a Vita, is the PSN store just a godawful mess for anyone else lately? For the past month or so I can hardly check even new releases without retrying multiple times, let alone browse any selection, and the one thing I did buy (Pinball Arcade table pack) I had to retry 3 times. It might have been longer - hadn't touched the store in months before that.

I don't recall any issues, but I haven't really checked the Vita version since they put the store online.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1058 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 22, 2013, 05:24:46 PM

I don't recall any issues, but I haven't really checked the Vita version since they put the store online.

I've been checking the store regularly on my Vita and haven't had any problems.  I'm assuming you've updated everything?

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 23, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »

Certainly not the exact same thing but relavant. Last night night I was browsing the PS store on ps3 and it was slow as hell. Buttons not responding for numerous seconds etc. usually not like that at all for me..
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 23, 2013, 01:40:57 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 22, 2013, 05:31:57 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 22, 2013, 05:24:46 PM

I've been checking the store regularly on my Vita and haven't had any problems.  I'm assuming you've updated everything?

Latest firmware, and I've turned it off and on again. Maybe it just flat-out doesn't like my router - I'm on FIOS so it's probably not a speed thing.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 23, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on February 23, 2013, 07:40:31 AM

Certainly not the exact same thing but relavant. Last night night I was browsing the PS store on ps3 and it was slow as hell. Buttons not responding for numerous seconds etc. usually not like that at all for me..

There was a PS3 update quite some time ago (before the new store) where that started happening to me all the time. Any time a button had to flash it ended up doing it really... really... slowly. It was painful and required much patience but eventually they fixed whatever issue caused that and it mostly went away. Mostly. I just recently had something similar crop up again this week as well where one basically got 'stuck' for a period of time. icon_confused

-craig

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on February 23, 2013, 03:01:45 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on February 23, 2013, 07:40:31 AM

There was a PS3 update quite some time ago (before the new store) where that started happening to me all the time. Any time a button had to flash it ended up doing it really... really... slowly. It was painful and required much patience but eventually they fixed whatever issue caused that and it mostly went away. Mostly. I just recently had something similar crop up again this week as well where one basically got 'stuck' for a period of time. icon_confused

Yeah mine did that again then all better the next time. Who knows;).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 09, 2013, 07:59:37 PM »

woohoo!  folders in the next update!

Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders).

now I can tidy up all those icons that I have no use for but the system won't let me delete.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 09, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »

Every time this thread gets bumped, I feel guilty and/or irritated that I have a Vita collecting dust on my desk. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 09, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 09, 2013, 07:59:37 PM

woohoo!  folders in the next update!

Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders).

now I can tidy up all those icons that I have no use for but the system won't let me delete.

Folders are great, but I'm actually more excited about this:

Verify which PS Vita card you are using by looking at the home screen’s info bar. You can also save the layout of your home screen icons in the memory card.

Once you start using more than one memory card, it currently resets your icon settings every time you put the card back in.  Now if only they would cut down the time it takes to reload a new memory card.

BTW, this is coming tonight!

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1066 on: April 10, 2013, 04:18:25 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 09, 2013, 08:39:35 PM

Every time this thread gets bumped, I feel guilty and/or irritated that I have a Vita collecting dust on my desk. 

Well, today you can brush off the dust and go download Guacmelee!  smile

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 10, 2013, 05:56:37 AM »

More like bubbles than folders but hey -  I'll take it.  icon_wink

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 10, 2013, 11:15:40 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on April 10, 2013, 05:56:37 AM

More like bubbles than folders but hey -  I'll take it.  icon_wink

yeah.  I used to have 2 pages of icons for all the system stuff you can't get rid of, now I have half a page  thumbsup

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 10, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 10, 2013, 04:18:25 AM

Quote from: Gratch on April 09, 2013, 08:39:35 PM

Well, today you can brush off the dust and go download Guacmelee!  smile

That actually looks pretty cool, except for this part (from the GT review):

Underneath this hilarious and brilliantly stylized exterior lies a beast of a game, one that will test your mettle more than most other games of its ilk.

I have zero interest in something controller-throwing right now.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2013, 05:47:23 AM »

Just to comment on a few things here. I have 5 games on cart, 10 dl games, and 3 psp games on this 32gb stick. I still have 16 gb free! I don't like the pricing on the memory sticks at all, but this 32gb really has lasted.
So off to try gaulamelee!!!
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:21 AM »

I've stood by my Vita since the day it was released. It's a wonderful piece of technology marred by a really lackluster collection of games. I still have it but I purchased a 3DS XL last weekend and a number of games to provide my mobile gaming fix. I'm not abandoning the Vita but I'm just so MEH over what is available. Not much of a rant ... back to Monster Hunter 3.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 12, 2013, 06:40:19 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on April 11, 2013, 05:47:23 AM

Just to comment on a few things here. I have 5 games on cart, 10 dl games, and 3 psp games on this 32gb stick. I still have 16 gb free! I don't like the pricing on the memory sticks at all, but this 32gb really has lasted.

I just downloaded Atelier Totori, which is a wonderful addition to the stable of games if you like carefree JRPGs with a heavy emphasis on alchemy. But I was stunned that the game is almost 3GB. Of course, it IS one of the the best looking title on the system.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2013, 07:24:55 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 12, 2013, 06:40:19 AM

I just downloaded Atelier Totori, which is a wonderful addition to the stable of games if you like carefree JRPGs with a heavy emphasis on alchemy. But I was stunned that the game is almost 3GB. Of course, it IS one of the the best looking title on the system.

Dammit Dante, my wallet didn't need to hear about that one!

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 13, 2013, 03:55:56 AM »

For me in the PS Store, this shows as "disk only". And it looks like it's the 3rd of three games. Should someone new to the series start with the first one or does it matter?   Oh - there's a "plus" version for the Vita, I see. How different is it from the PS3 version?  Need to go investigate, it would seem.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:59:28 AM by MonkeyFinger » Logged

-craig

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 13, 2013, 04:09:07 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on April 13, 2013, 03:55:56 AM

For me in the PS Store, this shows as "disk only". And it looks like it's the 3rd of three games. Should someone new to the series start with the first one or does it matter?   Oh - there's a "plus" version for the Vita, I see. How different is it from the PS3 version?  Need to go investigate, it would seem.

According to the IGN review, it's a straight-up port of the PS3 game. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 13, 2013, 04:22:43 AM »

Get the exclusive swimsuits in one pack with this game & DLC bundle! 'Angel Swimsuit' and 'Devil Bikini' are included in this package.

Alchemy, huh?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1077 on: April 13, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »

The Atelier series of games is known for being pretty laden with T&A and a whole lot of not so subtle innuendo and such. I believe the last few basically involve getting close to a bunch of magical girls that empower you by you sticking crystals into them if they like you enough.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 13, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 13, 2013, 03:15:00 PM

sticking crystals into them if they like you enough.

saywhat

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 13, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »

'Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a crystal in it If you liked it, then you shoulda put a crystal in it Don't be mad once you see that he want it 'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a crystal in it Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: