http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 03:12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS Vita Impressions! Price drop! Casual Edition! Vita TV!  (Read 42821 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 23, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 23, 2012, 06:13:18 PM

Quote from: Gratch on February 23, 2012, 05:47:59 PM

Quote from: Hetz on February 23, 2012, 04:42:23 PM

It has a has potential for great software lineup.

FTFY.

Just my opinion, but outside of Uncharted, I don't see much in the Vita lineup that screams "OMG MUST HAVE".  YMMV, different strokes, and all that.

Yeah, that is true. I do think that it has one of the best launch lineups in history though. At least in terms of quantity of titles. There are a ton of different games for the system, no matter what your taste in games. Most of them are actually quite good as well, not just shovelware rushed out to meet launch (ie. Madden 3D for the 3DS vs FIFA Soccer for the Vita).

Unless you play RPG's, of course.  The only option at this point seems to be Dungeon Hunter, which I've already played to death on my iPhone.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 23, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 23, 2012, 06:25:40 PM

Quote from: Hetz on February 23, 2012, 06:13:18 PM

FTFY.

Just my opinion, but outside of Uncharted, I don't see much in the Vita lineup that screams "OMG MUST HAVE".  YMMV, different strokes, and all that.

Yeah, that is true. I do think that it has one of the best launch lineups in history though. At least in terms of quantity of titles. There are a ton of different games for the system, no matter what your taste in games. Most of them are actually quite good as well, not just shovelware rushed out to meet launch (ie. Madden 3D for the 3DS vs FIFA Soccer for the Vita).

Unless you play RPG's, of course.  The only option at this point seems to be Dungeon Hunter, which I've already played to death on my iPhone.

Believe me, I feel your pain. frown

Disgaea 3 is the first RPG coming out on the system and it's out in April. Warriors Lair won't be out until Fall. I am hoping some Elder Scrolls or Fallout game gets announced at E3 for the Vita. Final Fantasy X is coming soon as well.

Anyway, as far as Dungeon Hunter goes. I played the first one on the iPad a bunch and I believe that this version for the PS Vita is different. It's the same as the PS3 version, but it's different from the iPhone/iPad versions. It's been awhile since I played it on the iPhone, so someone else may need to confirm that.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »

FTFY.

Just my opinion, but outside of Uncharted, I don't see much in the Vita lineup that screams "OMG MUST HAVE".  YMMV, different strokes, and all that.

Maybe not for you, but so far these games are awesome:

Stardust
Uncharted
Virtua Tennis
Hot Shot Golf
Rayman

Every one of those are very high quality titles.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: February 23, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »

You can probably add Motorstorm RC to that list as well. I feel like I'm swimming in quality titles for the Vita, and it's just launched this week!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »

FTFY.

Just my opinion, but outside of Uncharted, I don't see much in the Vita lineup that screams "OMG MUST HAVE".  YMMV, different strokes, and all that.

I felt the same way, and I didn't even get Uncharted.  But that said, the device itself I think is what is "OMG MUST HAVE."  There's probably at least a couple release games that people would love, but on top of that the whole thing of being able to access much of the PSP library is a bonus on top of it.  The gorgeous, responsive touchscreen coupled with great traditional console controls make it the premiere portable gaming system now.  It's like PSP and iPhone had a baby that took the best parts of both.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »

There's a difference between a strong launch lineup and a system seller.

For some, Uncharted may be the only system seller (and for others it's not even that).  However, the Vita has a surprisingly strong lineup of launch games.

I would also add Escape Plan, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and Lumines to that list.  Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Blaz Blue would be interesting to many, too.  Plus FIFA.  Even the AR games are good fun.

Plus there are more coming very soon, which still counts as the launch window.

And there are some weaker titles, that are still relatively appealing like Mod Nation, Dungeon Hunter, Katamari.

Here's the 360 launch list:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Amped 3
 Call of Duty 2
 Condemned: Criminal Origins
 FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
 GUN
 Kameo: Elements of Power
 Madden NFL 06
 NBA 2K6
 NBA Live 06
 Need for Speed: Most Wanted
 NHL 2K6
 Perfect Dark Zero
 Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
 Project Gotham Racing 3
 Quake 4
 Ridge Racer 6
 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
 Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

PS3
Spoiler for Hiden:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
 Call of Duty 3
 Genji: Days of the Blade
 Madden NFL 07
 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
 NBA 2K7
 NHL 2K7
 Resistance: Fall of Man
 Ridge Racer 7
 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
 Tony Hawk's Project 8
 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Wii
Spoiler for Hiden:
 Call of Duty 3
 Cars
 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
 Excite Truck
 The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
 GT Pro Series
 Happy Feet
 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
 Madden NFL 07
 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
 Monster 4x4: World Circuit
 Need for Speed: Carbon
 Rampage: Total Destruction
 Rayman Raving Rabbids
 Red Steel
 SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
 Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
 Trauma Center: Second Opinion
 Wii Sports

PSP
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ape Escape: On the Loose
 Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
 Dynasty Warriors
 Gretzky NHL
 Lumines
 Metal Gear Acid
 NBA
 Need for Speed Underground: Rivals
 NFL Street 2: Unleashed
 Ridge Racer
 Spider-Man 2
 Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix
 Twisted Metal: Head-On
 Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
 Wipeout Pure
 World Tour Soccer: Challenge Edition

3DS
Spoiler for Hiden:
AR Games (preloaded application)
 Asphalt 3D
 Bust-a-Move Universe
 Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
 Face Raiders (preloaded application)
 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
 Madden NFL Football
 Nintendogs + Cats (three versions)
 Pilotwings Resort
 Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
 Rayman 3D
 Ridge Racer 3D
 Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
 Steel Diver
 Super Monkey Ball 3D
 Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
 The Sims 3
 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Here's the Vita list from the same source for comparison:
Spoiler for Hiden:
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
 F1 2011
 Rayman Origins
 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
 Uncharted: Golden Abyss
 WipEout 2048
 Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
 Little Deviants
 Lumines Electronic Symphony
 ModNation Racers: Road Trip
 Army Corps of Hell
 Asphalt: Injection
 Super Stardust Delta
 Ben 10: Galactic Racing
 Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
 Dynasty Warriors Next
 Escape Plan
 FIFA Soccer
 Michael Jackson: The Experience HD
 Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
 Touch My Katamari
 Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
 StarDrone Extreme
 Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
 Hustle Kings
 Plants vs. Zombies
 Augmented Reality Cliff Diving
 Augmented Reality Table Soccer
 Augmented Reality Fireworks
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:53:52 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 23, 2012, 09:51:17 PM »

Is there any kind of a file manager for this, some way to browse everything that's on the memory card like you could on the PSP?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: February 23, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on February 23, 2012, 09:51:17 PM

Is there any kind of a file manager for this, some way to browse everything that's on the memory card like you could on the PSP?

Not that I know of, and I strongly suspect Sony won't ever release anything like that. Part of the reason why the memory cards are so expensive is because each one of them contains its own, unique security to prevent hacking and piracy. Sony wants to make sure that we know as little as possible about how things work behind the scenes, or so I suspect at least.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 23, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »

Noob question here. If you download content from the PSN store on the Vita itself, can you transfer that stuff to a PS3 to keep on the big console as backups? If not, what about transferring to a PC?
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 23, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 23, 2012, 10:00:36 PM

Not that I know of, and I strongly suspect Sony won't ever release anything like that. Part of the reason why the memory cards are so expensive is because each one of them contains its own, unique security to prevent hacking and piracy. Sony wants to make sure that we know as little as possible about how things work behind the scenes, or so I suspect at least.

Looks like you need to use Content Manager for all of that...

-craig

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on February 23, 2012, 10:29:20 PM

Noob question here. If you download content from the PSN store on the Vita itself, can you transfer that stuff to a PS3 to keep on the big console as backups? If not, what about transferring to a PC?

Yes, either one should work and you would do it from the Content Manager.

-craig

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »

Go into menu and turn off USB Power source.   Plug USB cable into PC while it's plugged into the Vita.    Content Manager magic.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 24, 2012, 12:52:22 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on February 24, 2012, 12:17:59 AM

Go into menu and turn off USB Power source.   Plug USB cable into PC while it's plugged into the Vita.    Content Manager magic.

Old School magic.  icon_wink

-craig

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:33 AM »

Hell, if they made another Metal Gear Ac!d, I'd probably buy the system to play it.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 24, 2012, 05:35:37 AM »

Tilt,

Thanks for the pro tip! Do the wallpapers seem a bit low-res to you?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: February 24, 2012, 06:08:00 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on February 24, 2012, 05:35:37 AM

Tilt,

Thanks for the pro tip! Do the wallpapers seem a bit low-res to you?

No, not at all. All the wallpapers in the link I posted are in the Vita's native resolution.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »

I'm really enjoying FIFA.  I don't follow any of the professional leagues, so all of the nuances of strategy are probably lost to me, but the game is fun to play.  I disabled the back touch since it didn't seem useful.  I also can't seem to remember that I can touch the screen for passing to a spot and play it with the traditional buttons.

I'm playing through a career as a right winger (create a player).  For those who have done this mode, it said something about having 20 points to distribute, but I never saw a place to do that and then my player was created.  Did I miss out somewhere?  I see the skill increases when you complete certain accomplishments (dribble around a player, for example), but I just want to be sure I haven't gimped myself starting out.

I've put some time into Katamari too.  I haven't played Katamari since the very first one, and it plays like I remember.  The dialog stuff is absolutely inane and I wish I could skip through it faster, but the actual game of rolling up items is exactly what I expected, and enjoyable.  The ability to stretch your Katamari (wide and short like a rolling pin, or tall and skinny to get through tight areas) is a nice addition.  It's also one of the cheaper titles, which is really one of the reasons I was willing to buy it in the first place.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase, though I went a little crazy on buying games (B2G1 deal, then downloaded another couple).  Fortunately, I just paid my credit card bill, so I don't have to see how much I spent until next month's statement.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 24, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

I still hate the proprietary memory cards, whatever their "reasoning" (seems like more money to me, but whatever).  However, what I really hate is the proprietary USB dongle.  I have a perfect cord that allows me to sit on the couch with my PSP or anything that would take USB.  The stupid Vita cord has me standing right in front of the set.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Vita installing a bubble for each game I insert.  First of all, there's no way I've seen to tell what card is in the slot (it should glow or animate or something).  The bigger problem is that, though it's manageable now, the menus are going to get extremely crowded very quickly.  Is there no way to create organizing folders of some sort?

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 24, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 24, 2012, 03:50:17 PM

I still hate the proprietary memory cards, whatever their "reasoning" (seems like more money to me, but whatever).  However, what I really hate is the proprietary USB dongle.  I have a perfect cord that allows me to sit on the couch with my PSP or anything that would take USB.  The stupid Vita cord has me standing right in front of the set.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Vita installing a bubble for each game I insert.  First of all, there's no way I've seen to tell what card is in the slot (it should glow or animate or something).  The bigger problem is that, though it's manageable now, the menus are going to get extremely crowded very quickly.  Is there no way to create organizing folders of some sort?

1.  agree with you on the memory card
2.  agree with you on the USB connection.   In fact... I'll see your gripe and raise you that the connection should be on TOP of the device instead of below.   I'm not going to use this thing in a dock and the cord coming out of the bottom gets in my way while trying to play when charging.
3.  There is in indictator about which game you have inserted.   The bubble bounces around.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »

Is there no way to create organizing folders of some sort?

Yes, by moving icons to specific pages (you can add pages too) and using wallpapers, as described in my post on the previous page.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: February 24, 2012, 04:55:43 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on February 24, 2012, 04:07:17 PM

3.  There is in indictator about which game you have inserted.   The bubble bounces around.

Only when you first insert it.  If you do anything else and then go back to the home screen it isn't bouncing anymore.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: February 24, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 24, 2012, 04:55:43 PM

Only when you first insert it.  If you do anything else and then go back to the home screen it isn't bouncing anymore.

It also bounces when you turn on the console from a powered off state. It's enough to remind you, and if for some reason your memory is failing, you can always just pop the thing out and put it back in. I don't think most people would care much anyway. What cartridge is in the Vita doesn't determine what game I want to play, and if I try to start one that isn't in the console I'm prompted to insert the right cartridge.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 24, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »

Finally figured out how to hunt out relics in Rayman.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If you are in an area with a little rattling sound (like bones rattling or something), there is one nearby.  You can't always really see them, so try to think of places where they might be hiding and touch.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 24, 2012, 05:03:50 PM

It also bounces when you turn on the console from a powered off state. It's enough to remind you, and if for some reason your memory is failing, you can always just pop the thing out and put it back in. I don't think most people would care much anyway. What cartridge is in the Vita doesn't determine what game I want to play, and if I try to start one that isn't in the console I'm prompted to insert the right cartridge.

Yeah, it is a weird omission, for sure, but just tap the app you want to play and if it isn't in there already, it will tell you.  Luckily for me, I am all digital (with the exception of Little Deviants, which I always just keep in there and will be the only physical media I own for this system), so I don't have to worry about this at all.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 24, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 24, 2012, 05:03:50 PM

It is a factor for me at times.  If I've been playing some downloaded games and want to play a card, I'd like an indicator of what's in there so I can decide if I need to go get my baggie of games or can remain seated.  It's a stupid omission is all.  And frankly, I'd rather they just had a dedicated bubble that was for whatever is in the slot, rather than create a bubble for each game.  That just creates unnecessary clutter.  And that clutter is only going to get worse as more games come out.

Quote from: TiLT on February 24, 2012, 04:46:20 PM

Is there no way to create organizing folders of some sort?

Yes, by moving icons to specific pages (you can add pages too) and using wallpapers, as described in my post on the previous page.

I had already created separate pages with different backgrounds within an hour of getting the Vita.  That doesn't solve what is going to be a problem just a few months from now.  We're not a week into this thing, and I already have six pages.  I'm not going to enjoy scrolling for five minutes to get to a game.

Getting rid of the multiple bubbles for inserted games would go a long way toward alleviating the issue.  It's like they have no forsight for this thing.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: February 24, 2012, 07:30:45 PM »

The bubbles for installed games are there because there's way more to these welcome screens than just launching the game. Even if you haven't got the disk, you can still patch the game, visit its forums, view its activity history and that of your friends, use Near to deal with discoveries, and so on. That's why they are there and won't go away. Having said that, I'd like some way to add "folders" to the main menu, allowing us to add quick links to important pages.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 24, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 24, 2012, 07:30:45 PM

The bubbles for installed games are there because there's way more to these welcome screens than just launching the game. Even if you haven't got the disk, you can still patch the game, visit its forums, view its activity history and that of your friends, use Near to deal with discoveries, and so on. That's why they are there and won't go away. Having said that, I'd like some way to add "folders" to the main menu, allowing us to add quick links to important pages.

I guess I can see that.  However, all of that could still be accomplished from a sub-menu, it seems.  If there was a dedicated bubble for whatever is inserted, but holding it had one of those dialog boxes on it, that could pull up a scrolling list of all the games.  Just as one suggestion.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 24, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »

I will, once again, express my displeasure with having that, pain-in-the-ass to open, door over the game slot.

I know you want me to download and never trade in games, but that's just too much!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »

I'd actually rather have that door than Nintendo's solution on the 3DS. I'm always afraid I'll accidentally pop the cartridge out on that console, which isn't a problem on the Vita. It's a breeze to open the door anyway.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #829 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »

If anyone wants to add me to their Friends list, my network ID is TiLT42, btw. I need to increase my list of PSN friends so that I can do some real black market trading in Uncharted. smile The only trade I've done so far was to have a real Platinum Trophy junkie on my list obtain an artifact from me, but not vice-versa. Hetz has given me a couple of extra music tracks for Stardust though, so thanks! (how do you use those, btw? Do you have to collect an entire set before you can use it in the game or listen to it at all?)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 24, 2012, 08:33:05 PM

I'd actually rather have that door than Nintendo's solution on the 3DS. I'm always afraid I'll accidentally pop the cartridge out on that console, which isn't a problem on the Vita. It's a breeze to open the door anyway.

My fingers never go back there during play, so I've never found it to be a problem.  The door does seem an extra step, as a result.  Not great, but I can see why they chose to have it.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 25, 2012, 12:10:50 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 24, 2012, 10:08:15 PM

Quote from: TiLT on February 24, 2012, 08:33:05 PM

My fingers never go back there during play, so I've never found it to be a problem.  The door does seem an extra step, as a result.  Not great, but I can see why they chose to have it.

I've accidentally jettisoned a DS/3DS cart just picking up the unit before or had them come out while in my travel bag.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »

I don't mind a door, but why not one that can open without girlie fingernails?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 25, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »

Sony obviously wants me to download Virtua Tennis because I can't find it anywhere.  I really don't want to go digital download route because me being able to sel  them when I'm done is what helps me fund this hobby!
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 25, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »

Dammit I swore I wasn't gonna get one of these things.  But after playing it at best buy, and reading all the awesome comments here I'm probably going to cave today slywink

It helps that I just got a nice fat raise at work and a decent tax return too.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 25, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on February 25, 2012, 01:19:50 PM

Sony obviously wants me to download Virtua Tennis because I can't find it anywhere.  I really don't want to go digital download route because me being able to sel  them when I'm done is what helps me fund this hobby!

I had to order mine online to be shipped.    Best Buy didn't stock it.   Hell, I couldn't even find any reviews of it for a long time.
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 25, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on February 25, 2012, 03:02:34 PM

I had to order mine online to be shipped.    Best Buy didn't stock it.   Hell, I couldn't even find any reviews of it for a long time.

Amazon doesn't even have stock unless you want to order thru a third party seller with high shipping costs
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 25, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »

Just wanted to say that since I unchecked that "Obtain location automatically at regular intervals" in the Location Data part of Near settings, I've had no more issues (this setting is off by default).  Could be coincidence, of course.  Any of you guys running into that issue with "An error occurred" and did you have that checked when you did?  Part of me wonders if it was just something weird with it being pre-launch, though you would think if it were server issues that factory defaulting the Vita wouldn't fix it.  I'd like to turn it back on as it would be nice to have it take samples throughout the day, but I don't want to factory default this thing again.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:42:48 PM by The Grue » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 25, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »

I really want Rayman Origins for the Vita, as I tried the demo and I like the way it looks and controls better than the console version.  But I already bought the console version, so the idea of paying for it again just isn't in my nature.  However, if I can get it as the free one in a B2G1 sale, I'd be okay with that.  Sadly, I already bought all the games I really want.  I could convince myself to get BlazBlue, 'cause I like that series, but I was trying to find another title to make up the third.  Virtua Tennis fit that bill perfectly.

There is no way to make that deal happen.

The best bets were Target and Best Buy.  Target doesn't have Rayman available online, but also doesn't have any of the titles in my local stores.  Best Buy doesn't carry Virtua Tennis at all.  At all.  I called numerous people about that, and there's no reason for it that anyone can understand, but they just don't carry it.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 25, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 25, 2012, 06:44:07 PM

I really want Rayman Origins for the Vita, as I tried the demo and I like the way it looks and controls better than the console version.  But I already bought the console version, so the idea of paying for it again just isn't in my nature.  However, if I can get it as the free one in a B2G1 sale, I'd be okay with that.  Sadly, I already bought all the games I really want.  I could convince myself to get BlazBlue, 'cause I like that series, but I was trying to find another title to make up the third.  Virtua Tennis fit that bill perfectly.

There is no way to make that deal happen.

The best bets were Target and Best Buy.  Target doesn't have Rayman available online, but also doesn't have any of the titles in my local stores.  Best Buy doesn't carry Virtua Tennis at all.  At all.  I called numerous people about that, and there's no reason for it that anyone can understand, but they just don't carry it.

I'll probably be done with my copy in 2-3 weeks, we can do some tradin'  icon_wink

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: