http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:03:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Organ Trail [iOS]  (Read 969 times)
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2012, 04:56:13 AM »

Organ Trail is "The Oregon Trail" remade with a zombie survival theme.  Keeps the same lo-fi presentation, but adds a lot of content.  A lot of fun to name your in-game friends after real-life friends, and then end up having to kill one who's about to become a zombie.  It's a fun game.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »

That looks ridiculous.  I want it now.

morlac00 on PSN
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »

Still have been unable to get to the coast successfully under Normal difficulty.  Hard as heck.  I made it just past Vegas yesterday, but I made a mistake and brushed my hand against the button to leave before I was ready.  Ran out of gas just outside of town, ran out of ammo while scavenging for food, then died of starvation waiting for anyone to trade with.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »

Quote from: kathode on August 28, 2012, 01:16:49 AM

Still have been unable to get to the coast successfully under Normal difficulty.  Hard as heck.  I made it just past Vegas yesterday, but I made a mistake and brushed my hand against the button to leave before I was ready.  Ran out of gas just outside of town, ran out of ammo while scavenging for food, then died of starvation waiting for anyone to trade with.

Sounds interesting but I put the Atari 2600 away years ago and don't think I could go back.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 04:12:12 AM »

Went to check it out anyway but it's $2.99. Guess I could do worse for 3 bucks.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »

free soundtrack!

http://hatsproductions.com/organtrailsoundtrack.html

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 04:16:53 AM »

It's on Android as well for those not locked down with iOS..  ninja

http://www.androidcentral.com/organ-trail-review-pioneering-zombie-apocalypse-wasteland

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 04:21:35 AM »

Well I just picked it up for Android ($2.99 also) 47mb download, WTF did they put in there as it sure as hell wasn't the graphics!  icon_biggrin

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 04:24:52 AM »

Wonder if there's any possibility of multiplayer coming?

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 04:26:52 AM »

Sent an email to the developer suggesting it, we'll see what happens there.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 04:27:32 AM »

btw, here is the free version for everyone who doesn't want to pay: http://apps.facebook.com/organtrail/

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 04:31:08 AM »

The Indie Mine has a decent review up:

http://theindiemine.com/organ-trail-review/

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 28, 2012, 04:31:08 AM

The Indie Mine has a decent review up:

http://theindiemine.com/organ-trail-review/

Decent review, although I feel the upkeep of the car is pretty much equal to party member upkeep.  If someone breaks a leg or an arm, their health shoots down and you usually have to take care of it immediately.  Really agree that something is fishy with the random percentages for car repair though.  I got three failures in a row at 77% odds.  I realize it's random but that just seems strange.

Made it to Alberquerque AGAIN and got eaten by a zombie bear while carelessly over-scavenging AGAIN.  FYI I've found it really helps to be a ruthless bastard in the random narrative events that pop up.  I met a wounded fat guy in one and I could either kill him or give him a medkit.  I killed him and he provided me with 400oz of meat drool
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »

Finally finished this.  Your last task when you get to the safe house is ridiculously tough.  I don't think I'll play through again on Hard.  I can't imagine succeeding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: