http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 02:44:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo Geo Handheld expected in Q2  (Read 1016 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »

That "Neo Geo Portable Device" we were all cooing over? What? There was cooing. We cooed a little. Anyway, it's really happening! And it's happening soon! And worldwide. Blaze, who you might know from various Megadrive/Genesis handhelds, is producing the "NeoGeo X" handheld under SNK's license, shipping the device in Q2 with a pre-loaded selection of 20 Neo classics -- a couple of Fatal Furies, King of the Monsters, Metal Slug, and more.

Other features include an SD card slot (for additional games?), and AV out. There's no price for the "limited edition" console yet, but a Blaze rep says in the press release that the company hopes to spread excitement about the Neo Geo "in a more affordable manner, to a much wider audience." That sounds to us like it's going to be cheaper than the $649 SNK asked for the home console at launch.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/the-neo-geo-handheld-is-real-coming-out-worldwide-in-q2

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

What? Why would anyone want this? I'm sure every game in the catalog could fit on one DS/Vita card.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:50:54 AM »

I absolutely loved my pocket color neo geo way back.  Best joystick on a portable ever
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »

now December.  $200 bucks?  they crazy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 13, 2012, 04:27:14 PM

now December.  $200 bucks?  they crazy.

The console, 20 games, and a controller? Seems like a steal. Of course, I wish it was a much better list of Neo-Geo games, but eh.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:46 PM »

I recall loving 'Nam 1975 and liking the baseball game in arcades in, I want to say in the late 1980s. I think I pondered getting the home console for some insane price (like $699 or something, and then $149 [!] for each game title), but common sense won out... for a change.  icon_razz

There was also some Ninja type game I liked, doesn't seem to be on the list.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »

more games coming.

Because I can,
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 05:21:32 PM »

So, this is being released in Q2 of 1989, right?

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »

For some reason, I'm getting the urge to buy one of these.   My rational side knows I'd play it for a few hours and it would go on a shelf.   My OCD tendancies are working overtime however to get me  to buy to one off amazon. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 07:46:01 AM »

The NeoGeo X, the handheld NeoGeo platform, is no more. SNK Playmore, the owner of the NeoGeo hardware, terminated its license with manufacturer and distributor Tommo Inc. effective Oct. 2, according to this notice on SNK's web site.

That means the end of the NeoGeo X Gold Limited Edition, and six volumes of games (NeoGeo X Mega Pack Vol. 1, and NeoGeo X Classics Vols. 1 through 5) are done. Tommo has been ordered to immediately cease "all manufacturing, distribution, marketing & promotion and selling" of these products.

Additionally, SNK has ordered Tommo to immediately cease sales of the NeoGeo X Arcade Stick and remove all stock from retailers, both physical and online.

http://kotaku.com/snk-orders-neogeo-x-maker-to-end-production-and-stop-se-1441541889

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 06, 2013, 07:46:01 AM

The NeoGeo X, the handheld NeoGeo platform, is no more. SNK Playmore, the owner of the NeoGeo hardware, terminated its license with manufacturer and distributor Tommo Inc. effective Oct. 2, according to this notice on SNK's web site.

That means the end of the NeoGeo X Gold Limited Edition, and six volumes of games (NeoGeo X Mega Pack Vol. 1, and NeoGeo X Classics Vols. 1 through 5) are done. Tommo has been ordered to immediately cease "all manufacturing, distribution, marketing & promotion and selling" of these products.

Additionally, SNK has ordered Tommo to immediately cease sales of the NeoGeo X Arcade Stick and remove all stock from retailers, both physical and online.

http://kotaku.com/snk-orders-neogeo-x-maker-to-end-production-and-stop-se-1441541889

Much like the original Neo-Geo this thing could be come a collectors item and worth a ton down the road.

morlac00 on PSN
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 02:50:33 AM »

Quote from: morlac on October 19, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 06, 2013, 07:46:01 AM

Much like the original Neo-Geo this thing could be come a collectors item and worth a ton down the road.

The problem is that it's an emulation machine. That's all it is. It's running some NeoGeo emulator on a device that's not designed for it. Also the screen size is completely wrong (it's 16x9 where the NeoGeo was only 4x3).

I wouldn't call it a collector's item at all. Especially when a modified PSP can play the exact same thing. Oh, and for free.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: