http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 10:44:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need for speed: most wanted vita  (Read 1038 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:47:30 PM »

I'm surprised I couldn't find anything on this around here. It looks like it ships next week. While not alot of coverage on it thus far. Everything I've seen is going to make a day one purchase as long as reviews are good. Anyone else taking a bite. Supposedly 4 people online as well...
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:09:06 AM »

Yep, I'll be picking it up. Looks very well done!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:38:07 AM »

I have it on preorder, though I haven't seen a lot of Vita-specific details so I'm still in a bit of a wait-and-see mode.  If any reviews hit early that give signs it isn't up to snuff I'll be cancelling. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:32:59 AM »

We shall know next week!
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »

Just saw a short interview about the Vita version. Good news to hear that Criterion is doing the Vita version as well.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »

I'm still trying to figure if I'm gonna get this or AC vita. Can only get one... Wait and read reviews I suppose!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:27 AM »

One review up. Got an 8. Then said review taken down. I believe it was pocket gamer. It was up before midnight. Embargo? Anywho, I'm gonna grab this or AC vita still tomorrow. Especially now that the weather is fucking withe power on and off. Lots of vita love!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

Are there any differences between this and the big console versions?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 30, 2012, 05:26:20 PM

Are there any differences between this and the big console versions?

From what I understand the number of cars in MP is scaled down and there is less traffic, otherwise the same. There are also some events that are only in the Vita version.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 30, 2012, 05:36:01 PM

There are also some events that are only in the Vita version.

Keep in mind that there are some events in the console version that aren't in the Vita one.  So they took some out, but added some Vita exclusive ones.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »

Think I'm gonna grab this. 2 more reviews i found were 8 and 5/5. None of the big sites have posted reviews so its seems. I believe this is a safe bet though.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »

Going now to grab this. Will post impressions later on!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »

Question for those that have this.  What camera options are available?  I like playing racing games from inside the car.  I hate chase cam for sure and might be able to tolerate a bumper cam, but really hoping there is something from inside the car.  I asked this in the console thread, but also want to know for Vita.  I might be going from buying two versions of this game to none.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 30, 2012, 09:36:00 PM

Question for those that have this.  What camera options are available?  I like playing racing games from inside the car.  I hate chase cam for sure and might be able to tolerate a bumper cam, but really hoping there is something from inside the car.  I asked this in the console thread, but also want to know for Vita.  I might be going from buying two versions of this game to none.

I don't recall if Paradise had a dash cam, but you'd be at a severe disadvantage playing this type of game that way. Being aware of other cars trying to take you down (or to take down), seeing jumps, etc. would be really difficult from a dash view.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 11:33:41 PM »

Picked this game up today. I've got a ton of stuff on my plate gaming wise, but this looked too good to pass up. Will try and get some time on it later tonight...but for now the Assassins Creed games are taking up most of my time.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:12 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 30, 2012, 11:33:41 PM

Picked this game up today. I've got a ton of stuff on my plate gaming wise, but this looked too good to pass up. Will try and get some time on it later tonight...but for now the Assassins Creed games are taking up most of my time.

I do not believe you have my psn name. Harpua33 it is. Ill be on checking it out later, probably a few single player races til the wife goes to bed. Then some online fun!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:40 AM »

I picked it up as well, Teggygah.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 03:38:15 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 31, 2012, 12:54:12 AM

I do not believe you have my psn name. Harpua33 it is. Ill be on checking it out later, probably a few single player races til the wife goes to bed. Then some online fun!

Sent out a friend request to you! Thanks! smile

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 04:22:11 AM »

Any impressions of this so far?  Comparisons to the console/PC versions?  I'm still busy at work so have to live vicariously through you! Tongue

Oh, one interesting thing I read in the Giant Bomb review:
It's also worth noting that Most Wanted might be the first game I've seen that justifies the existence of EA's Origin service, as it syncs your point total across all platforms, including the Vita version. This means that if you finish the game on one platform, you'll have enough points to immediately open the main races in single-player on another platform, but more importantly your multiplayer progress will carry over. I don't know that I'd recommend that people play the game on multiple platforms, but if you're planning on playing the portable version as well as its "big" counterpart, it's pretty cool to not have to unlock all those cars in both places.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:25:13 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 31, 2012, 03:38:15 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 31, 2012, 12:54:12 AM

Sent out a friend request to you! Thanks! smile

Nice, I shall consider accepting it;). Actually I'll be back on in the next 30 to 60 minutes if you wanna join me for some racing etc. I use Skype alot or the party chat.

Impressions thus far...

Graphics are pretty good, not great ,but solid+ I would call them. If you think these aren't acceptable graphics for this game then the vita has spoiled you. Runs smooth as well. Traffic is scaled back for sure. It's not burnout so it really doesn't seem to affect me. I'm assuming that they had to do that to make everything run smoothly.

Audio seems good to me, minus the soundtrack. But really...Have I ever liked a racing games soundtrack before? NO.

Multiplayer seems nice and smooth so far. I loved the the system from Burnout: Paradise City so if you liked that, you'll certainly like this as well. Very easy to race by yourself then join up with a buddy for some good times!

There seems to be a TON of stuff to do. From varied races to cop chases, to silly, but really fun stuff like driving thru billboards! All on a handheld. That's what I'm digging!

Edit: played some more and it's getting better. All the upgrades can be used thru a simple end of race screen RiGHT when you get them. No fumbling thru menus for this. It's set up really nice. Graphics are impressing more I play. I suck though;).

Edit again: It doesn't get much better than this. Certainly not on a handheld. As I lay in bed, browsing the web, I only wish I could play it more. I don't succumb to this at this level very often. All in my pocket!

After reviewing that, it sounds like a romance novel.
It's all in the pocket. icon_lol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:14:18 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »

I keep flip flopping on whether I should get this.  I think I have talked myself out of the console version and I certainly have Gran Turismo 5, Forza 4, and Forza Horizon to keep me company there.  On the Vita, though, I only have Wipeout.  My concerns with this version of the game are that I hear the single player campaign is short (this would be true on consoles as well) and then rubber band AI.  If I get it, I will probably wait until I get my $20 back from buying at least $100 on PSN to make it cheaper.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 31, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

I keep flip flopping on whether I should get this.  I think I have talked myself out of the console version and I certainly have Gran Turismo 5, Forza 4, and Forza Horizon to keep me company there.  On the Vita, though, I only have Wipeout.  My concerns with this version of the game are that I hear the single player campaign is short (this would be true on consoles as well) and then rubber band AI.  If I get it, I will probably wait until I get my $20 back from buying at least $100 on PSN to make it cheaper.

I'm certainly not far enough to say for sure, but it seems there is a shit ton of content in both sp & mp. Even if you are playing alone, autolog gives you a ton to do. As far as rubber banding goes, I'm not really seeing it here, if it is, it must be minimal.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »

To add about the lack of traffic... Some places do seem a bit barren, then other times I can't stop hitting traffic! So it's surely there, not a minus really at all for me.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »

Man, I suck at this game.  I picked a race termed as Easy and had to attempt it like 10 times to finish anything but 4th.  I think the big problem is I can't really tell where the turns are going to be do to the graphics unless I look at the minimap, but then if I am looking over there, I am about to crash into something.  Once I learned the track, I was able to finish in first.  I then see that the easiest difficulty is medium and on that race I never even come close to catching up to the other cars.  Is there some secret to this game that I am missing?

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20:34 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 02, 2012, 06:18:35 PM

Man, I suck at this game.  I picked a race termed as Easy and had to attempt it like 10 times to finish anything but 4th.  I think the big problem is I can't really tell where the turns are going to be do to the graphics unless I look at the minimap, but then if I am looking over there, I am about to crash into something.  Once I learned the track, I was able to finish in first.  I then see that the easiest difficulty is medium and on that race I never even come close to catching up to the other cars.  Is there some secret to this game that I am missing?

I sucked at first. No secret really i don`t think. I just kept drinking beers and got in the "zone"slywink. We should do some races soon, I`ll show you how not to suck nod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: