http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 10:38:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nathan Drake makes a surprise return to Vita in December!  (Read 895 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

In a card game   icon_confused

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/19/uncharted-fight-for-fortune-coming-to-ps-vita-in-december/

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »

icon_mad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2012, 05:37:04 PM

icon_mad

don't worry leo, I imagine it'll suck as bad as the rest of the series biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »

Considering Metal Gear Acid was a card game of sorts and was totally awesome, I will be open-minded on this one.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »

From the video it mostly looks like the card game from Rage.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »

It's an annoyingly obvious cash-in, but that doesn't mean it has to suck. On the other hand, it being announced this close to release does indeed point at "sucks" as a potential outcome, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 19, 2012, 06:22:22 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2012, 05:37:04 PM

icon_mad

don't worry leo, I imagine it'll suck as bad as the rest of the series biggrin

BLASPHEMY!
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »

I can't believe the amount of hate this game is generating of the Playstation forums. Its only 5 dollars, and the developers keep repeating that a skeleton crew made this game while work is being completed on something much larger. If anyone ever creates a Halo card game the fanboys will probably burn down the nation's capital.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »

It looks a lot like a Magic the Gathering type of game.  I would have preferred a card game in the style of Metal Gear Acid.  Still, it could be cool.  For $5 you can't go wrong.  I'lll probably wait a couple months and see if it shows up for free on PSN Plus and if it doesn't I'll buy it then.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »

Is it based on or inspired by the board game?  icon_neutral

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »

Let's hope not, the retail card game was another boring rehash of the dated Dominion deck building mechanics. Basically the same as the Resident Evil card games with a few tweaks.

Overall, despite this use of the Uncharted name, I'm okay with new games like this being made for the Vita. It's the type of different take on established properties that the Vita needs. Let's be frank, trying to recreate the exact console experience on a handheld isn't going to work no matter how powerful the handheld is.

Another example is the Killzone Vita game coming out, waste of time really. They should have used the same viewpoint as KZ Liberation which the dual analogs would definitely have helped.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »

So I'm playing through Uncharted on the Vita (which is friggen awesome by the way) and every time I find one of the treasures or take pictures of certain locations I'm rewarded with a card which I assume is for the new game. Has this always been in the game since the beginning or was the uncharted game updated to include this? Pretty cool I guess.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 07, 2012, 03:58:54 PM

So I'm playing through Uncharted on the Vita (which is friggen awesome by the way) and every time I find one of the treasures or take pictures of certain locations I'm rewarded with a card which I assume is for the new game. Has this always been in the game since the beginning or was the uncharted game updated to include this? Pretty cool I guess.

No, originally getting a collectible would just fill in the appropriate place in the collectible screen.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »

I see the game is getting solid 7 and 7.5s so far. Not bad for $5. Normally I would wait until it went on sale or free on PSNą but my Christmas vacation just started so I may jump on this.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »

I've played 4 early matches, and the game appears to be quite promising. My biggest fear with this kind of genre is that the developers took the easy route and made it luck-based. Luckily (har har!) they didn't do that this time. The game seems to reward planning and strategy instead of favoring the luck of the draw. There's tons of potential for depth here.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 05:05:25 AM »

Just need to understand some of the things I'm seeing. For instance, when I select a card why do others start wiggling? What is their relationship to the selected one?

-craig

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 06:00:05 AM »

Yes I also saw that and I don't understand it either.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on December 08, 2012, 05:05:25 AM

Just need to understand some of the things I'm seeing. For instance, when I select a card why do others start wiggling? What is their relationship to the selected one?

Each faction card may have one or more pictures of other characters on the right side of their own illustration. These are the characters that start wiggling when you look at it. These are the card's combos. By placing them next to each other on the board, the combo activates. When the cards wiggle you'll see an icon above them. This shows you the kind of combo it'll get. It could be defensive (such as +2 combo defense, which regenerates every turn unlike a resource card) or fortune-based (+3 fortune from banking a fortune card, for example) or any number of other things, I'd guess. They can be pretty powerful when done right, and I'm pretty sure any high-level strategy in this game focuses on combos first and foremost.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »

Yes, no doubt. I just figured it out. How do you see what the bonus is? I can't read it when looking at the whole board but then when I zoom up on the card it doesn't show me the bonus (as far as I can see). I think I'm really warming up to this card game! I'm sure I'll play it more than either of the MTG games I bought on steam and it cost half as much!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 08, 2012, 02:20:39 PM

Yes, no doubt. I just figured it out. How do you see what the bonus is? I can't read it when looking at the whole board but then when I zoom up on the card it doesn't show me the bonus (as far as I can see). I think I'm really warming up to this card game! I'm sure I'll play it more than either of the MTG games I bought on steam and it cost half as much!

As I said, you can see the type of bonus above the wiggling card, though the exact value seems to be hidden at that point. The game does have a detailed help system from what I've seen, which probably explains these things.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

Thanks for that TiLT, guess I need to take a more better look at the manual. I saw the little icon, wondered what it meant... it may have been a teeny shield to indicate a defensive bonus. I check.  icon_smile

OK, never mind the manual, it's a little sparse on details. Need to dig into more of what is in-game, I imagine. Also went looking for online resources, doesn't seem to be much out there yet but did find this guide which was started but closed due to not having 100% of the trophies listed.  icon_confused
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:00:42 PM by MonkeyFinger » Logged

-craig

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: