http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:32:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for iOS game with specific type of gameplay...  (Read 348 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »

Recently I've been playing a SRPG(?) called Solara which is really not a great game but for some reason I keep playing it anyway lol.  It has a city/tower building aspect which is kind of mediocre and has time/resource limited gameplay which generally pisses me off.  The combat engine is extremely simplistic; you have a party of 4 of which you generally choose 3 or 4 members, and send them off to fight.  The only strategic option you have is choice of which members to use and the order in which they are placed (the first member usually gets attacked the most, and attacks first).  I think I find the combat animations fun to watch and generally the AI makes OK choices.  But sometimes it will do inane things like not heal someone or not finish off an enemy who is almost dead. 

So essentially what I'm looking for is a similar type of simple turn-based battle system that allows some basic control over who I want to heal and who I want to prioritize attack on.  I don't care too much about the meta-game, but preferably something simple as well.  So maybe another way to say it is something like a turn-based Battleheart but preferably without worrying about moving or positioning.

Anyone know of such an animal?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »

Have you tried Raid Leader?  It misses on several of your desires, but it's at least in the same genre of what you're looking for.  It's basically simplistic holy trinity MMO boss battles, (not turn-based though).

How about Dungeon Village?  It's one of those Kairosoft games like Game Dev story, but it revolves around a little village you develop that sends out adventurers to fight monsters and go on quests.  It may be more hands-off than you're looking for, but it matches your desire for hands-off fun watching little guys do little fights.

I feel like there's something else out there that better fits what you're looking for, but I can't quite pull it out of my memory yet.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:40:11 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 09, 2013, 09:52:16 PM

How about Dungeon Village?  It's one of those Kairosoft games like Game Dev story, but it revolves around a little village you develop that sends out adventurers to fight monsters and go on quests.  It may be more hands-off than you're looking for, but it matches your desire for hands-off fun watching little guys do little fights.

+1 on Dungeon Village, although it probably doesn't meet the combat style you're looking for.  It's a hell of a lot of fun, and this is coming from someone who actively dislikes all of the other Kairosoft games.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:24:30 AM »

I've played both and enjoyed them both, thanks!  Not quite what I'm looking for here but definitely both good games. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: