http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:56:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iwata: Gamers Still Need Dedicated Gaming Handheld  (Read 345 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2012, 03:35:50 AM »

i agree:

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata can tell you when Nintendo would stop making its own handheld systems. He can tell you, hypothetically, when a line of machines that has gone from Game Boy to DS to 3DS would end and Nintendo's games would appear on the hardware made by other companies instead.

Last week in San Francisco, he told me when that could happen. (Hint: do not hold your breath.)

"I think that if we are able to provide experiences on handheld devices that consumers cannot get on another device, then we will continue creating software and hardware going forward, and if it comes to a point when we're not able to do that, I think, yeah, you will see portable handheld gaming devices go the way of the Dodo, I guess."

I've played games on both my iPhone and on the DS/3DS/PSP, and while iOS games are fun they are not games that I spend a extended amount of time playing in one sitting.  I have found I prefer the feeling of actual controls- it was great seeing Wolfenstein 3D and the like on the small screen but the touch screen controls never matched up to the tactile feel of a d-pad or thumbstick and actual buttons.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 04:10:07 AM »

While I agree with the point of the article, I would be overjoyed if Nintendo went the way of Sega and started producing games for Sony.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »

I agree, I need a DS or Vita or one of the other. But my phone doesn't cut it. I keep hoping to find a good, deep game on Android but it's not happening.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: