http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 11:59:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone/iTouch app and game thread  (Read 100007 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 13, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on April 26, 2013, 04:36:32 PM

liking Talisman Prologue, though.

I picked that up on Saturday and played through a few games.  I'm not familiar with the original board game, but this seems like a very well-done port.  Not terribly crazy about the completely luck-based gameplay, but would still recommend it.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 13, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 13, 2013, 02:03:23 PM

Quote from: Misguided on April 26, 2013, 04:36:32 PM

liking Talisman Prologue, though.

I picked that up on Saturday and played through a few games.  I'm not familiar with the original board game, but this seems like a very well-done port.  Not terribly crazy about the completely luck-based gameplay, but would still recommend it.

Yeah, even though it gets very frustrating when you're trying to roll to get to a specific space (especially because your rating is based on how many turns it takes to complete the given task), I'm really enjoying this.

I've owned the boardgame for a while, but haven't bothered to break it out.  This iOS port made me dust it off.  I've reread the rules and hope to play it this week.  It's much more boardgamey than a lot of BoardGameGeek fans would like, but that's not a problem for me, especially if I'm playing with my daughter.

A lot of folks have complained about the notion of paying so much for what is essentially an extended tutorial for a future release, I really like the episodic nature of it and think there's a lot of gameplay here.  Still looking forward to the full game, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 13, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 13, 2013, 04:38:15 PM

A lot of folks have complained about the notion of paying so much for what is essentially an extended tutorial for a future release, I really like the episodic nature of it and think there's a lot of gameplay here.  Still looking forward to the full game, though.

Wait...what?

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 13, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »

The full boardgame is multiplayer. It's coming in the future to the iOS version.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 14, 2013, 02:45:02 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on May 13, 2013, 08:18:48 PM

The full boardgame is multiplayer. It's coming in the future to the iOS version.

Actually, from what I understand, it's coming to iOS as a separate game, not as an addition to the prologue.

It's more than multiplayer, though, it's also the full game experience, meaning the goal of the game is to build up enough to get to the center section and grab the whatsit instead of achieving whatever goals are set out for you on each mission.  There will also be the possibility for the many expansions that are available for the board game.

Personally, I think the prologue gives more than enough gameplay to warrant the price and if it's an indication of the quality of the full game, I'll be getting that too.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:32 AM »

Star Wars KOTOR might be headed to iPad: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/knights-of-the-old-republic-coming-to-ipad.

eek 

Hopefully it fares better than the Baldurs Gate port did.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »

Pinball Arcade released its new table pack #14: Centaur and Pin*Bot for $5. Word of warning - if you have a iOS device with OS 5.1.1 installed do not download this table pack yet as it will crash out. The comapny submitted an update fixing that issue so hopefully that will be available soon.

Centaur is the highlight for this release. Not sure if the artwork is something HR Giger did but if not its based on his work. It's a black and white playfield with creepy faces, arms, and who knows what on it. It looks pretty stricking, particularly if you use one of the colored balls (the blue ball worked well). This table has a neat multiball mode. You can build up how many balls you want in your multiball, up to 4 extra balls, by hitting the ORBS drop targets. Then when you trigger multiball you can put another ball in play (up to 5) by hitting the ORBS drop targets again. So you can have these long rallys of multiball by resupplying any balls you lost. And its kidna fun getting down to 2 balls and then building back up to 5.

There's other features to the table but that's the main goal that sticks out to me. There's also a creepy voice with some major reverb that talks to you during the game that really sets the tone. Here's a video of the table along with Pin*Bot..

Pin*Bot I haven't played much of yet to get much of an opinion on. But it has a similar mechanic to Bride of Pinbot where to start multiball you need to lock the eye orbits. In this game though you first have to light up all the center targets to open up the faceplate of Pin*Bot to get to the sockets. I managed to do it once but the other games I played were a drainfest. One game I played all three balls drained down the left side before I even had a chance to touch the balls with the flippers. Which probably means nudging is importing.

Which means this update is good because they added a bunch of new tap nudging controls. Instead of that generic nudge you can do a left/right nudge and a center bump. They provided a nice see through overlay where you can see the different nudge zones to tap. It's actually pretty awesome.

From the hint they gave for next months tables it sounds like it will be Champion Pub and Whirlwind. If so that will be a pretty strong pack. Champion Pub is basically a pinball version of Punch Out.

I'll also mention the other pinball app, that should eventually be very good, which is Zaccaria Pinball. These are also real-life tables based off the Italian based company Zaccaria. They're not as complex as the Williams/Bally/Stern tables from that same period but they have their own charm. In the last release they tweaked the physics, for the worse unfortunately, making the tables somewhat unplayable by default. But they also added the ability to customize the physics. So you can change things like playfield degree, ball friction, bumper force and a few other options. Tweaking these allowed for a much more playable experience on the tables. They also added the ability to tweak the graphics so you can change some of the table lighting values or coloring. Its pretty neat to have that much control over the tables.

They've been responsive to any criticism and are tweaking the physics for the next release which is hopefully out soon along with a new table.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 30, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »

I picked up Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte! when it was on sale for $.99 recently.  I put off playing it for some reason, but I just started it and it is fantastic.

Part of my put off was that all the reviews brought up Plants vs Zombies as a reference, and while I liked that game, I just wasn't in the mood for it.  However, the similarity here is in the fact that there are rows of zombie creatures coming at you (and maybe a similarity in the sense of humor, too).  The way you deal with them is totally different.  Your guy starts with a boomerang, and you trace out a line to intercept the zombie zoo animals.  You let the line go and hope you timed it right, and then the weapon comes back to you.

There are living animals to rescue, upgrades a plenty and individual goals for each level.

It's a hell of a lot of fun and looks fantastic.

Unfortunately, the price has gone up just recently, but even at $3, it's worth it.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 30, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »

Sold!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

So Squeenix redid all the art assets for FF Tactics: WotL to bring them up to retina quality.  And they made the game 50% off.

I will have now purchased this game for my PS1, my PSP, my iPhone, and now my iPad.   I've beaten it twice and gotten halfway through on two other occasions.  I think I may have a slight FFT addiction problem...

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1850 on: June 06, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »

Bought Scurvy Scalawags, it's a match 3 game by Ron Gilbert and it's awesome.  I usually don't like match 3's as I get bored of them quickly but this has some RPG and strategy aspects that make the game different from the rest.  It has a nice sense of humor and good production values.  It's only .99 and seems well worth it.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 06, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »

Quote from: shon on June 06, 2013, 08:07:34 PM

Bought Scurvy Scalawags, it's a match 3 game by Ron Gilbert and it's awesome.  I usually don't like match 3's as I get bored of them quickly but this has some RPG and strategy aspects that make the game different from the rest.  It has a nice sense of humor and good production values.  It's only .99 and seems well worth it.

I wish there were more variety to the enemies. I've played several islands and only seen two special abilities. Other than that, it is pretty nice. There's lots of stuff to collect, but not much of a sense of progression in an RPG sense. You accumulate bonuses and things, but mostly they are small, incremental things.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:25:16 PM by Misguided » Logged

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 07, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 06, 2013, 09:47:51 PM

Bought Scurvy Scalawags, it's a match 3 game by Ron Gilbert and it's awesome.  I usually don't like match 3's as I get bored of them quickly but this has some RPG and strategy aspects that make the game different from the rest.  It has a nice sense of humor and good production values.  It's only .99 and seems well worth it.

I wish there were more variety to the enemies. I've played several islands and only seen two special abilities. Other than that, it is pretty nice. There's lots of stuff to collect, but not much of a sense of progression in an RPG sense. You accumulate bonuses and things, but mostly they are small, incremental things.

Agreed.  It's a fun diversion, but not something I'm going to sink a ton of time into.  Takes a while to get used to their particular style of match-3 movement.  I got up to level 8 last night, and it gets really damn difficult.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 07, 2013, 09:18:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 07, 2013, 11:56:05 AM

Agreed.  It's a fun diversion, but not something I'm going to sink a ton of time into.  Takes a while to get used to their particular style of match-3 movement.  I got up to level 8 last night, and it gets really damn difficult.

I think I'm ... Level 13? I lost a heart once, but didn't notice it at the time and got it back for completing a quest. I don't find it hard to keep the enemies away from me most of the time.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1854 on: June 08, 2013, 06:30:55 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 07, 2013, 09:18:08 PM

Quote from: Gratch on June 07, 2013, 11:56:05 AM

I do agree that it could be a bit harder, I think I've only had about 3 enemies on the map at one time, mostly just 2.  I wish that you could stop the prize spinner instead of it just random stopping since I'm not sure how random it is.  For some reason I really like the music that plays during the match 3 though I'm sure I'll tire of it eventually. I think I'm around level 10 and I'm close to opening up another ship. 

Agreed.  It's a fun diversion, but not something I'm going to sink a ton of time into.  Takes a while to get used to their particular style of match-3 movement.  I got up to level 8 last night, and it gets really damn difficult.

I think I'm ... Level 13? I lost a heart once, but didn't notice it at the time and got it back for completing a quest. I don't find it hard to keep the enemies away from me most of the time.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 11, 2013, 02:40:43 PM »

Any to-do list apps you guys are absolutely in love with?  I've been using 2Do for a long time, but I think it may be time to try something new.  It's got a lot of good features, but the interface is getting really out of date and the simple act of bringing up the box to enter a new task is far too slow for such an integral action.

I've done some research on what's new and snazzy, but it seems like every well-reviewed to-do app these days is missing at least one feature I need.

Clear looks really pretty and I like the minimalist look, but it's a little too simple in its feature set.

Wunderlist looks robust, but I read it doesn't support recurring tasks.

Any.DO looks both pretty and feature-robust, but after trying it out it's a dealbreaker that I can't rearrange my task folders to my liking.

I'm about to experiment with Astrid next.

Features I'm looking for:
  • folders/categories of tasks (sortable!)
  • subtasks
  • scheduled and recurring tasks
  • push notification reminders
  • synching between iPhone, iPad, and Windows PC
  • reaaaaally don't want a recurring subscription fee
  • ideally, a way to have my wife create grocery list to-dos on her device and send them to me, without her having total access to all of my to-do lists
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:48:15 PM by wonderpug » Logged
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 23, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »

Nothing kills a gaming thread quicker than someone asking about productivity software slywink

I have been enjoying this game as of late. :
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sword-glory/id530457379?mt=8

Hard to describe so just check it out...it's free.  Not a ton of depth but I dig the art style and music.

morlac00 on PSN
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 23, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »

To do list apps bring the same addictive fun people find in Xbox achievements! 

I've been trying to give Sword & Glory a fair shake, but I'm having a hard time falling in love with the combat model. I do really like the way the game switches between combat and text-based role playing, though.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 28, 2013, 11:41:42 PM »

The next table pack for Pinball Arcade is out and its one of their better ones. It features the tables Champion Pub and Whirlwind.

Champion Pub is pretty crazy as its like a pinball version of Punch Out - e.g. you start out as a low ranked boxer that is trying to work their way up to become champion. Before each fight you have to train on the heavy bag, jump rope, and speed bag to get your fighters health up. The jump rope and speed bags are interactive mini-games that are right on the table and are pretty neat. The fights themselves are dynamic too. When the fight starts the heavy back rotates around to reveal a toy fighter on the table. You can throw a body blows at your opponent by hitting the toy in the gut, jabs by shooting up one of the side ramps that go around the fighter, or head shots by shooting the ball up these two small ramps that are on either side of the toy fighter. Each hit takes down some of the opponents health (which is displayed on the table). At the same time he's of course hitting you taking your health down. Whomevers health goes down first is the winner.

The real challenge though is getting a knockout. That requires lowering your opponents health, then shooting a combo followed by the mini-ramp that pops the ball into the toys head for a headshot. Or before the fight you can try earning a "power shot" which you can use during the fight, by hitting the start button, to throw a knockout punch.  The fights get harder as you go up the ranks so earning that power shot is important.

After you become champ you can then start wagering points on fights. If you fight higher ranked fighters you can earn more points than by just fighting the lower ranked ones. So it adds some additional life to the game.

There's also the typical multi-balls and two video modes: One where you play a single hand of poker and the other where you try and capture spit in a jar. All-in-all pretty stellar.

Whirlwind has been in the Pinball Hall of Fame games before. It's a fun Lawler table with the three spinners in the center of the table that add some unpredictability to where the ball will go and the speed of it. You basically have to follow a storm around (via the compass) and make shots based on where the storm is. Its actually pretty challenging.

The free table this month is Dr. Dude. I didn't care much for that one at first. The 80's theme drove me away. But I've put some more time in to the table and its actually not bad.

I should also mention the Kickstarter for the Terminator 2 Pinball Arcade table has begun. I played this one quite a bit at college and have some fond memories of it. I could not get enough of Arnold saying "Fuck you asshole!" when screwing up or telling me how "Awesome" I was when I made a good shot. I also recall leaning over the table each time I wanted to make that cannon shot. Good times.

This is one of the premium tables where Farsight needs to secure license agreements to get it made. And apparently this table is a now-or-never license. Some other gaming company has purchased the Terminator license and this is the one chance to secure funding to get this one made. Unfortunately it looks like this Kickstarter is off to a rough start. It hasn't gotten much press and for some reason the company doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot yet to promote it. Right now it looks like it will fall a bit short of making the goal if the trending stays as is. Normally I just do the $10 on these but kicked it up to $30 as I have the fond memories of this table.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:44:52 PM by Crawley » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 28, 2013, 11:52:42 PM »

New expansion deck out for Ascension!   I just cannot get enough of this game.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

A bunch of games are free this week to celebrate the App Store's 5th anniversary.

Tiny Wings (iPhone / iPad)
Badland (iPhone / iPad)
Sword & Sworcery (iPhone / iPad)
Infinity Blade 2 (iPhone / iPad)
Where's My Water (iPhone / iPad)
The Idiot Test 3 (iPhone)
Pig Shot (Universal)
Glow Puzzle (iPhone)
Real Steel (Universal)
Sentinel 2 : Earth Defense (iPhone)
Sentinel 3 : Home World (Universal)
War of Reproduction (iPhone)
Liquid Sketch (iPad)
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 08, 2013, 01:42:17 PM »

We haven't talked about Badland much here but it's really really good. Most definitely worth paying $0
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 08, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on July 08, 2013, 12:58:39 PM

A bunch of games are free this week to celebrate the App Store's 5th anniversary.

Tiny Wings (iPhone / iPad)
Badland (iPhone / iPad)
Sword & Sworcery (iPhone / iPad)
Infinity Blade 2 (iPhone / iPad)
Where's My Water (iPhone / iPad)
The Idiot Test 3 (iPhone)
Pig Shot (Universal)
Glow Puzzle (iPhone)
Real Steel (Universal)
Sentinel 2 : Earth Defense (iPhone)
Sentinel 3 : Home World (Universal)
War of Reproduction (iPhone)
Liquid Sketch (iPad)

Came to post this...you beat me to it.

If you have an iOS device and have somehow missed IB2, Tiny Wings, Sword & Sorcery, Badlands, and Where's My Water, now would be a good time to correct that egregious character flaw.  smile

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 08, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »

Awesome. I just downloaded most of those. Unfortunately it looks like the sentinel games are not free.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 09, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »

Battleheart's dev just tweeted that he just put the final music into Battleheart 2. Loved the first one, so #2 is something I am really looking forward to.
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1865 on: July 10, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »

Deus Ex: The Fall is out now, a day earlier than expected: http://gamingtrend.com/2013/07/10/deus-ex-the-fall-is-out-now-a-day-earlier-than-expected/

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1866 on: July 11, 2013, 05:17:44 AM »

So Deus Ex is really damn good. Full review forthcoming, but if you can work with the controls, it's basically a portable Human Revolution -- with a completely new story. Color me impressed.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 15, 2013, 01:31:52 AM »

I'm torn.  On the one hand, I hate supporting SquareEnix's crazy iOS pricing (at least compared to the rest of the market).  On the other hand, most of their iOS JRPG's have all been really good, and the recently released Drakerider:  Chains Trascendent looks to be no exception.  I played the free demo a while back and was pretty impressed...debating whether I should jump on the full version for $16 or not.

I'm consoled by the fact that if they were developing and releasing these games for the other mobile platforms (i.e. 3DS or Vita), games like Chaos Rings and Drakerider would be $30-40.  In that light, $16 doesn't seem so bad.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:35 PM »

Zaccarria Pinball is offering an additional table free today - Pinball Champ. Probably my favorite pinball table released so far from them. Like Pinball Arcade the Zaccaria Pinball is based on real pinball tables. But they have a lot simpler rules to them - still fun. The main bonus/drawback for me right now with this app is the physics. The default physics settings are way too fast. The good news is they added all these options to modify the physics but its a pain in the ass to set to a playable setting.

But still its free.

Can download the main game, which comes with the free Time Machine table then download the Pinball Champ for free too.

BTW, if the Pinball Arcade Terminator 2 kickstarter is nearing Judgment Day. 6 days to go with $12 more to make. It a really fun table and this is an all-or-nothing shot at making it so if you have any interest would pledge. I'm at the $50 tier but may kick it up to as much as $75 if things are looking bad.

And its supposed to be an August release for the PC version of Pinball Arcade if the betas go well. They're saying they will have all tables currently available at launch.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 27, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »

Pinball Arcade released table pack 16 ($5). It has the tables Sterns Flight 2000 and Gottliebs Goin' Nuts.

Flight 2000: is the highlight of this pack. It got voted as the most popular Classic Stern table in a poll. The main draw to this one is a multi-stage multi-ball where you need to lock 2 balls, spell "Blast Off", and then hit the count down drop targets. Which move the balls in to stage 2 where you need to do the same thing. Then again in stage 3 which triggers the 3-ball multi-ball.

It's actually kinda fun getting to the point where you hit the 1-5 drop targets to do the count down to move the balls in to the next stage of the multi-ball sequence. I've only gotten as far as stage 2 so it should be pretty rewarding kicking off the multi-ball sequence in the final stage. So I can see going back to this table off and on but not sure if it'll be a favorite.

Goin' Nuts is an odd table where there were only 10 produced. There are no out lanes on the table, just the center lane drop. Its a time-based table where you try and earn time while playing. Once you run out of time you can't work the flippers so the ball drains. It also starts out with a 3-ball multiball.

I only played a few games of this one and can tell I won't liked it. The table is kinda boring and a bunch of oddly placed bumpers and flippers. The time mechanic is somewhat interesting but the Zaccaria tables do it better.

The Terminator 2 Kickstarter made it with about $3,000 to spare. It was touch and go there for a bit and I ended up pledging $100 which was a lot more than I expected to. But glad it made it since it was a table I really enjoyed. Sounds like the turn-around time for this one will be quick and may even have it next month. The next license table that will require a Kickstaters they're trying to go after for a is Adams Family. It sounds like the interest in AF is high so hoping to get away with just pledging $10 for that one but I suspect the licensing cost will be high.

Still waiting on Pinball Arcade for release on Steam. Sounds like an August release now.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 03, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »

rymdkapsel

I didn't fall asleep on the keyboard, that is the name of the game.  It's a tiny base building strategy game, and it's getting a lot of buzz and some amazing reviews.  I avoided it because the strategy thing isn't really my genre, but the reviews have been so gushing that I gave it a go.  And I played it non-stop for an hour, which is extremely rare for me on a phone.  It really is quite simple and quite fantastic.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 03, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 03, 2013, 02:38:20 PM

rymdkapsel

I didn't fall asleep on the keyboard, that is the name of the game.  It's a tiny base building strategy game, and it's getting a lot of buzz and some amazing reviews.  I avoided it because the strategy thing isn't really my genre, but the reviews have been so gushing that I gave it a go.  And I played it non-stop for an hour, which is extremely rare for me on a phone.  It really is quite simple and quite fantastic.

Available on the Vita as well, I do believe.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 03, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »

Loving rimdacapsle so far, thanks for the rec.

Edit: danger danger, very limited replayability. You can master the whole game and beat everything in just a couple hours. It would be so very easy to add more missions or scenarios to this game, but until that happens, it really should just be a $1 title.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:58:46 PM by wonderpug » Logged
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 04, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »

Well, when you play it again, you obviously have to work with the randomized pieces, so that can change things.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 04, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

Place a room other than a road, delete room at no cost, get new shape. frown  For the most part I can self-restrict myself from taking advantage of that loophole, but when I really really need a certain shape or really really don't want the shape they gave me, it's hard to resist.  Getting exactly the right piece is even more important at the end-game if/when you want to eke out surviving a few more waves, like when it's finally time to destroy your reactor to get just a few more building materials out of the map.

Level 42 is my highest so far, and I'm not sure I can think of much I can do differently to make it much further than that.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: August 24, 2013, 02:29:34 AM »

Pinball Arcade is updated with the Terminator 2 table that was Kickstarted recently. This is a premium table so is $5. Really looking forward to this one since it was one of the few pinball games I played regularly - put $100 towards the Kickstarter when it was going poorly. But those that Kickstarted it have to wait yet again as there's problems delivering the table to backers. Kinda silly that they still haven't got it down after the last two problematic KS rewards. But know its temporary and will likely have it in 24hrs.

Looks like the table pack for September will be Haunted House and Tee'd Off, both Gottlieb tables. Haunted House is a classic, one I've recall playing as a kid, but I remember it looked a lot better than it played. I started playing the VP version of the table and it just seems like Black Hole with an upper deck. 

The PC version has been heavily tested the last two weeks. It sounds like its coming along very well and should finally be making it to Steam in the near future. The initial release will be pretty much console ports of the tables with little extra fanfare. The PC version will eventually get all the lighting updates they're putting in to the PS4 version, which is due on release in November.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 29, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »

Terraria ios and Terraria's clone Junk Jack X released. Anybody bought one or both of them?

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 29, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on August 24, 2013, 02:29:34 AM

Pinball Arcade is updated with the Terminator 2 table that was Kickstarted recently. This is a premium table so is $5. Really looking forward to this one since it was one of the few pinball games I played regularly - put $100 towards the Kickstarter when it was going poorly. But those that Kickstarted it have to wait yet again as there's problems delivering the table to backers. Kinda silly that they still haven't got it down after the last two problematic KS rewards. But know its temporary and will likely have it in 24hrs.

Looks like the table pack for September will be Haunted House and Tee'd Off, both Gottlieb tables. Haunted House is a classic, one I've recall playing as a kid, but I remember it looked a lot better than it played. I started playing the VP version of the table and it just seems like Black Hole with an upper deck. 

The PC version has been heavily tested the last two weeks. It sounds like its coming along very well and should finally be making it to Steam in the near future. The initial release will be pretty much console ports of the tables with little extra fanfare. The PC version will eventually get all the lighting updates they're putting in to the PS4 version, which is due on release in November.

I reinstalled Pinball Arcade to give the T2 table a look, but I can't find it anywhere (not in the Season 1 or Season 2 sections).  Is it a separate download?

Holy cow are the ball physics different from Zen Pinball.

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 29, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on August 29, 2013, 07:30:37 AM

Terraria ios and Terraria's clone Junk Jack X released. Anybody bought one or both of them?

I picked up Junk Jack X, since I already have Terraria. I haven't played much, but I do find the controls to be a little better in this one, and I'm looking forward to finding other worlds.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 29, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 29, 2013, 12:59:00 PM

Quote from: Crawley on August 24, 2013, 02:29:34 AM

I reinstalled Pinball Arcade to give the T2 table a look, but I can't find it anywhere (not in the Season 1 or Season 2 sections).  Is it a separate download?

Holy cow are the ball physics different from Zen Pinball.

It's in the Season 2 pack.

You may need to update the app. It should have T2 as the icon for Pinball Arcade.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: