http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 03:29:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone/iTouch app and game thread  (Read 100125 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 25, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 13, 2014, 08:48:23 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on June 13, 2014, 08:41:22 PM

Quote from: msteelers on June 13, 2014, 07:23:08 PM

I've been toying with Sky Force, but I'm really not good at the game. That's probably what has prevented the game from getting its dirty hooks into me.
It has an old school feel to it.  I think that's what keeps pulling me in.  It's not easy.  When I upgraded to Wing Cannons, and then Missiles, it got noticably easier.  I think we're meant to go back and replay earlier levels after upgrades to unlock more medals (and earn more stars).  I'm still impressed with the graphics.  It's one of the best looking games that I have on the iPad.    

I actually haven't even played anything but the first level!

The completionist in me wants to get all of those shiny trophies (for saving all the guys, shooting all the guys, not getting hit by the guys and something else guy-related) which increase multipliers.  I just got the shoot all the guys one, which leaves me with not getting hit and I've done them all, then level 2!

I've been playing quite a bit of this as well.  SHUMP's are typically not my thing, but this one is lots of fun...even if I'm terrible at it.  I've finished the first 4 missions, plus a couple of the "hard" versions that unlock after you get all the trophies for the regular stage.  Upgrades are definitely the key.  I've got my health and main cannon fully upgraded, and missiles, wing cannons, and magnet are all leveled about halfway (buying the X2 star booster helped).  They make a huge difference.

Finding that one postage stamp sized spot on the board that isn't filled with flaming death can be a challenge, but it's rather exhilarating when you do.  smile  

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 25, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »

The Banner Saga coming to tablets this summer

Stoic's viking-themed tactical role-playing game, The Banner Saga, is coming to iOS and Android tablet devices this summer, publisher Versus Evil announced.

The tablet version of the game will be exactly the same as the full Mac and Windows PC version, which launched in January this year. The controls have been optimized for touch and swipe inputs

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 25, 2014, 02:54:58 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on June 25, 2014, 02:38:24 PM

The Banner Saga coming to tablets this summer

Stoic's viking-themed tactical role-playing game, The Banner Saga, is coming to iOS and Android tablet devices this summer, publisher Versus Evil announced.

The tablet version of the game will be exactly the same as the full Mac and Windows PC version, which launched in January this year. The controls have been optimized for touch and swipe inputs

I tried 3-4 times to get into Banner Saga on PC, and it just never clicked.  It's a game that I really want to like though...a big part of the problem was that I was simply distracted by other stuff.  Hopefully an iOS version that I can dedicate some time to on long flights will be a good solution.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »

I have been playing 99 Bricks Wizardy Academy a lot. It's Tetris without the walls to hold it together so you need to really pay attention to getting everything intergrated and not leaving too many empty spots. You do have to grind a bit for the power ups and the controls can be awkward, but it's a lot if fun. If you like Tetris, you will like this.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 26, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »

Deadpool table for Zen Pinball dropped this morning.  Played 6 games...it's rather underwhelming and surprisingly dull.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: July 06, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »

Fates Forever is f2p mobs that seems at first glance to pretty much be iOS lol.  High production values and good controls
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

Age of Booty, Tactics as well as Cards and Castles are both very well done turn based games that have card based mechanics to them.  Between Fates Forever and these two I've had a fun mobile weekend.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 07, 2014, 08:11:16 PM »

I ultimately decided it wasn't for me, but iOS just got a new Monster Hunter release which seems to be pretty well received. 

http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/03/monster-hunter-freedom-unite-review/

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 07, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »

Everyone (ios sites) seems to be excited about Monster Hunter.  I am not huge on games that kind of require multiplayer to really get the full fun from the game but I can see my kids loving it if they played with friends.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 07, 2014, 09:14:21 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 07, 2014, 08:11:16 PM

I ultimately decided it wasn't for me, but iOS just got a new Monster Hunter release which seems to be pretty well received.  

http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/03/monster-hunter-freedom-unite-review/

Shocking, TA gives a 5 star review to a big name game. icon_lol I expect no less from them. I am sure it's good, just not my type of game.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 07, 2014, 10:13:08 PM »

I got Monster Hunter, seems like it could be a blast, but for me the touch controls just aren't good enough.  will try again once I can find a sub $50 ipad controller.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 21, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »

If you like Monument Valley, you may love...

A nice write up by pocket gamer of games like Monument Valley which I thought was pretty great.  I will be checking out a few of them. 

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: