http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:36:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS City Builders?  (Read 607 times)
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »

I'm not talking about FarmVille, We City, or all the other IAP-driven crap that comes up when you actually search the App Store for "city builders". I mean two types: mostly the Impressions-style and/or Anno-style city builders, a cross beween economic sims and god games; and also the real-time Nile Online-type long-term strategy multiplayer games.

I have the Settlers, and SimCity (though I'm not a huge fan of that series, oddly) and just grabbed the latest Kairosoft yesterday. Any other ideas?
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

The Tribez might scratch your itch for a while, but it's a little on the light side and not great for replayability.  Still, I thought it was enjoyable enough to finish.

There's always Civilization Revolution, but you probably already know about that.

Neither is exactly what you're looking for, I know, but I really don't think there's much else out there.  Hope someone else can recommend more than I did, because I'd also love something more in this genre.
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

Yes, CivRev of course too, thanks.

I'm a bit amazed that there doesn't appear to be a steady supply of real strategy (not board; not tap-tap; not themed-match-three) games, but then I guess I'm sitting here complaining instead of writing my own, so.

My favourite part of those games is the tetris-like metagame of designing a city grid that is ruthlessly efficient and cosmetically attractive. You know, I should damn well make my own.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »

I've been absolutely loving the new Kairosoft.  What a totally addictive little game.

Majesty is pretty good, although a bit too puzzle-y for my tastes.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

I was like 'OMG, I forgot about CivRev coming out for the iOS' then ran to iTunes to buy it and saw the recent reviews mentioning the recent update put banner ads into it  disgust

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: