http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 11:52:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Awakening coming Feb. 4 2013 to North America - Finally  (Read 2416 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »

Thanks Grue.

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on February 18, 2013, 08:23:00 PM

I'm wondering why the battlegrounds seem to have a square or two with sparkles on it? Couldn't find a mention of it in the manual.  icon_neutral

If one of your characters ends a turn on a sparkly square, they get a bonus (item, XP, etc.)

ďMy next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 12:32:15 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 18, 2013, 08:37:37 PM

Thanks Grue.

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on February 18, 2013, 08:23:00 PM

I'm wondering why the battlegrounds seem to have a square or two with sparkles on it? Couldn't find a mention of it in the manual.  icon_neutral

If one of your characters ends a turn on a sparkly square, they get a bonus (item, XP, etc.)

Cool... thanks.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

Chrom seems remarkably stupid sometimes.

"I'm afraid I cannot help you, Chrom.  I am only the East Kahn - the West Kahn commands our troops at present."

"Nrg!  Then all is lost!"

"But wait!  The tournament is nigh and if you help lend me your prowess in battle, I will pledge you as many troops as you need."

"Urk!  What?"

"Help me win the tournament and I will hold dominion over our armies.  In gratitude, I will aid your cause!"

"Ack!   Come again?"

"Listen, try to stay with me here: the West Kahn commands the troops right now.  If you win this one battle, the power will shift into my hands and I'll do as you ask."

"Hrg!  I'm not following."

"..."

"Hold, milady...Ehg!  Some vermillion-coloured troops hath ventured upon the battlefield ahead.  TO ARMS, MEN!"

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:56:43 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:14 PM »

So, this game is pretty addicting!  I've been playing the story missions, plus all the side quests and random encounters that appear, in an effort to keep everyone leveling up and improving their support bonuses.  The relationship dialogue is a reward unto itself.   There've been a few beats in the main story where proceeding directly into one of the sillier conversations seemed especially out of place, but that can't be helped in a game that let's advance the side stories at your own pace.

I used the one Second Seal I found to dual-class Chrom into a Cavalier, and because he retains all of his stat increases when resetting to level 1, he's swiftly growing into a god on the battlefield.  It's a good strategy, considering that he's one of the few absolutely indispensible characters.  He's also gotten married to
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sumia.  I'm playing without any sort of guide so I have no idea if she's the ideal pick, but hey, who doesn't root for the sweet girl who occasionally flips upside down and rams her face into the ground while walking?

I'm also weirdly obsessed with Donnel, the pot-helmeted villager who can't take a punch without needing divine healing.  I've played enough of the previous Fire Emblem games to believe a character this lame wouldn't be included unless he secretly became a mecha-dragon lasersword badass at some point, so I'm working him up basically to see what happens.

Around Chapter 11 - 12 in the story so far -- feels like one of the best 3DS exclusives so far! nod

-Autistic Angel
StaticStrike
Gaming Trend Staff
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

Just a heads-up that you can currently obtain a free map:
http://gamingtrend.com/2013/03/01/fire-emblem-awakening-map-is-free-for-a-limited-time-only

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »

Really loving this game as well, it's got just the right amount of everything I like in an SRPG.  The only frustrating thing is when one of my favorite characters (and they all start to become endearing unfortunately) gets one shotted from a silly careless move I make.  I am on normal difficulty but I chose the original mode to make it more interesting.  I like the idea that I might have to sacrifice some characters I love permanently, but I hate when it's due to something really cheap or from what amounts to a brain fart on my part (like moving the healer up front when I thought it was a tanky dude). 

The character interactions definitely give the game a life above and beyond most games like this, and I think it is surpassing FFT as my all-time favorite in the genre.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 17, 2013, 09:16:54 PM

7.  Do characters have the ability to change classes, or will I be recruiting a huge pool of different class characters who each have a particular use?  (EDIT:  Found this video, which explains the class thing a bit.  How expensive and/or rare are these seals that allow you to switch?)

As you unlock more areas of the map, you'll soon discover shops which carry a regular stock of Master Seals for upclassing and Second Seals for sideclassing.  They're expensive relative to most other items, but well worth the cost considering the benefits they unlock.

-Autistic Angel
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »

Just got this a week or so ago. I know a lot of people absolutely love it, but for some reason it's just not grabbing me that much. The tactics seem way more cut & dry compared I my memories of the early Fire Emblems--but I'm admittedly still very early in the game, just a wee but past the east/west khan tournament.

Do I just need to give it more time? Right now it's really just making crave a new Advance Wars game.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 15, 2013, 03:50:33 PM

Just got this a week or so ago. I know a lot of people absolutely love it, but for some reason it's just not grabbing me that much. The tactics seem way more cut & dry compared I my memories of the early Fire Emblems--but I'm admittedly still very early in the game, just a wee but past the east/west khan tournament.

Do I just need to give it more time? Right now it's really just making crave a new Advance Wars game.
If you havenít been hooked by that point Iím going to guess you are probably not going to be.  Personally, I found the characters interactions with each other to be the most rewarding part of the game and kept going back to it to see what would happen next.  The fun fighting and level progression systems were just an added bonus.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »

Just finished this last night. I loved it. I absolutely loved the "Casual" setting which took away a lot of stress I had playing the earlier games as I just refused to let anyone die and would restart missions over and over. It also meant that I didn't have to play so conservatively, which meant I enjoyed myself more playing through each fight. A great option that I hope carries through to all future Fire Emblem games. The story was a lot of fun too. Great game!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: