http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 07:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [vita] Toukiden: The Age of Demons  (Read 315 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:44:39 AM »

main site.

coming in February!

An original world that blends historical Japan with fantasy elements!
A grand historical fantasy

The story takes place in a world in which the power of the Oni has warped time and space. Within Utakata Village, on the front line in the war against the Oni, the player takes on the role of a new recruit of an organization known as the Slayers that serves to eradicate the Oni menace. The player must venture forth into a variety of battlefields, each of which is representative of a warped version of an era from Japanese history, from the early Asuka period to the closing days of the Tokugawa shogunate. This game focuses on Tecmo Koei's forte by mixing "Japanese" and "historical" elements to form a unique and vibrant world.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:41 AM »

Focusing on the historical aspects of the game? Better throw in A GIANT ENEMY CRAB! Tongue
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »

Giant enemy DEMON crab!  slywink

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 02:47:55 PM »

I actually bought this on Tuesday and have played a fair bit.  It's a Monster Hunter clone, but they don't have all of the item crafting that you get in that series.  You can craft weapons and armor and stuff from things you get from monsters.  What it does have, though, are Mitamas, which are Japanese spirits that you can attach to your weapon and that give you abilities and boosts.  I've been enjoying it.  The graphics are very nice, but not so sure about the online part as I've had some bad luck with having groups stay connected.  Did manage to get some time in, though, and it was fun playing with others.

Edit - I put my Vita's IP in my router's DMZ and it seems to have fixed things.  I think the issue is that the Vita and PS3 have the same ports you have to open and I am already forwarding those ports to my PS3 IP address.  After I made the move, it works great now.  I'd never really played anything online with the Vita before.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:37:04 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: