http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 09:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vita] The Show  (Read 705 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:00:00 AM »

The addition of "Pulse Pitching" has made my defense as bad as my offense.

Used to lose games 1-0 all the time. Now I'm dropping them at about a 5-0 clip.

Anyone else have luck with timing the pitching?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:10:22 AM »

Nope, I'm terrible. Haven't played in a few iterations, though. I'm still godawful at hitting, too - in two games I put up three homers and I think one single, and that's it. And all three of those homers were against AAA pitching - Johan Santana put up a perfect game against me.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »

I want to use pulse pitching, but it seems like there is a delay between my button press and the size I thought I was going to get for the circle.  So, now I press as it is coming down from the biggest part to try to get it right.  If I press it when it is at its smallest, I get a big circle.  Kind of weird.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »

I don't know who they're making these difficulty levels for.

I mean, I played this series a ton on the PSP, and on the early PS3 editions - and I'll be damned if I can manage right now with anything more complicated than Zone hitting at Veteran, and Meter pitching at Veteran. Still haven't won a game yet!

I did have a fantastic one just now, though. Exhibition of Texas at St. Louis - traded runs early for a 1-1 game, my starter gave up a 2-run shot in the 7th, then in the 9th with 2 outs I managed to get a runner aboard and put a shot juuuuuust over the wall to tie the game. But I managed my bullpen poorly, and got torched for 2 runs in the 11th that I couldn't make up. So close! Yes, I was mad when I lost, but what a fantastic game. This is, after a (very) short time of play, my Vita standout so far.

Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:21 AM »

I can't get the pitching down either.  My timing stinks.  I have zero control.  My first game I got crushed. My inability to hit didn't help either.   icon_biggrin I love it though.  I'm going to start a season with the Reds and see what happens.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »

Quote from: Kurt Stevens on March 08, 2012, 04:07:21 AM

I can't get the pitching down either.  My timing stinks.  I have zero control.  My first game I got crushed. My inability to hit didn't help either.   icon_biggrin I love it though.  I'm going to start a season with the Reds and see what happens.

My pitching is fine and dandy.  My problem is I can't hit at all.  I got struck out 15 times.  I keep swinging too late, but trying to judge where to put the bat makes me delay.  I guess I can always turn off the location part of batting until I get the timing down.  Despite that, I only lost 2-1 off a homer in the bottom of the 9th.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »

This game is only growing on me as I play more of the Road to the Show mode (starting pitcher). It really is far and away my favorite game on the Vita right now - the launch stuff was fun, but doesn't even come close. If you like baseball even a little bit, and have a yen to play on the move instead of on the PS3, this right here is your system-seller. If anything, RTTS is at its best when you can play in 15-25 minute chunks on the handheld.

Highly, highly recommended.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »

Is there online? If so how is it?
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on March 12, 2012, 05:19:52 AM

Is there online? If so how is it?

Haven't touched it.

Also, the bastards! They traded me! As a AA starting pitcher, the Orioles were apparently high enough on me during a hot streak to give up 3 players to the Nationals organization to have me. I assume this means the Orioles have bigger plans for me, seeing as the Baysox are bottom of the league, so they sure aren't loading up for a playoff run...

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »

I did something this time that I've never done in a previous Show game and that is Road to the Show.  Wow, what an amazing concept for a game.  I don't think I'll ever play full season modes again when I can just control one player, rise them up through the minor league ranks, have stats I can build up like an RPG, and take much less time to play a game.  Add in the fact that I can do the cloud save thing so that I can play on the PS3 when at home and the Vita when on the road and I think I am in love.

Made a starting pitcher yesterday and just really loved the experience.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »

Called up to AAA last night, but stuck in the bullpen with a month to go in the season. Rather than force the issue, I'll just continue pitching relief for the balance of this season and try to win a starting AAA spot in my sophomore season - that should clear me to get a cup of coffee in the big leagues at the end of that season!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: