http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 08:52:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vita] Smart As  (Read 565 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »

brain games for the Vita.

Produced by XDev Europe, Smart As takes full advantage of PS Vita’s touchscreens, cameras and Augmented Reality capabilities to deliver Daily Training challenges featuring fun arithmetic, logic, language and observation-based puzzles. Your scores from each puzzle are used to calculate your overall Brain Power and anybody at any skill level can get in on the fun. The more you play, the better your chances are of increasing your Brain Power score and unlocking new puzzle games.

The best part about Smart As is that it’s not just a brain training game; it’s a social experience. Once you’ve earned your daily Brain Power score, you can go online to see how smart you are compared to your friends, people that you’ve met through “near,” players in your city, country, continent and the entire world using the Smart As leaderboards. You can even post your Brain Power scores to Facebook to boast about your cerebral superiority. Using PS Vita’s “near” feature, you can also drop off puzzles for nearby users and pick up new challenges left by other players.

sounds like it'll be a fun daily time waster.  I remember something like it on Facebook that was always fun.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »

I like puzzle games, but I strongly dislike "brain training", whatever the hell that means. Does anyone actually think they'll get smarter by playing that kind of thing for a few days? I remember when the first brain training games appeared and experts almost laughed at the concept that these games would somehow improve people's intelligence.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 11:11:58 PM »

It's a "use it or lose it" kinda thing.  It's not so much that it will make you smarter, but some studies that elderly folks that are mentally active are less likely to succumb to Alzheimer's.  Of course, there's still a cart/horse issue to try and resolve there.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 06:00:10 AM »

now starring John Cleese.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: