http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 07:32:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vita] Little Big Planet  (Read 1503 times)
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »

Couldn't find a thread about this game, so I'm starting one. It has the potential of becoming the biggest title for the Vita for a long time to come. They're integrating the game with Little Big Planet 2 for the PS3 too. You can use the Vita as a controller for it, adding functionality that wouldn't be available to regular players. This includes stuff like control panels on the Vita display while the gameplay happens on the PS3, or going down a hole on the PS3 and appearing on the Vita screen. Or you could have two players playing multiplayer, one of them on the PS3 and the other on the Vita. One example that has been shown has the Vita player controlling a space ship in a shooter action game, while the PS3-player is controlling a sackboy on board that ship. When the Vita player tilts the ship, this also affects the environment on the PS3. Watch this video to see some of this stuff in action. It's really impressive.

I have both LBP-games for the PS3, and this is going to be a must-buy for me when it comes out. It's supposed to be released in Q3 2012, according to Wikipedia.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »

I, too, am excited for it, but like with the Move integration that happened, it looks like it'll be a level pack and tools for creation.  Though I'm sure you'll be able to play any level using the Vita as a controller should you want to do so, I'm not sure it'll function as more than just a controller.

So, I guess as always, this'll be dependent on user created levels.  Hopefully enough of them actually have a Vita...

How many Move levels did users create?  Anyone know?  I have no idea.  I played a couple of them, though.

On a side note, watching the guy's frustration with jumping made me realize that I probably won't get much useage out of Vita levels that are meant for two players (which hopefully won't be most of them).  My daughter gets so frustrated with the jumping that she's decided she hates LBP.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »

Looking forward to this!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »

Reviews are trickling in, and they are very favorable. The current MetaCritic score is 88, after 17 reviews. The highest score is 95, and the lowest is 80. Some say that it's the best Little Big Planet game so far, which is impressive. Really looking forward to playing this now. smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 13, 2012, 06:23:01 AM

Reviews are trickling in, and they are very favorable. The current MetaCritic score is 88, after 17 reviews. The highest score is 95, and the lowest is 80. Some say that it's the best Little Big Planet game so far, which is impressive. Really looking forward to playing this now. smile

I am as well, unfortunately borderlands 2 is showing next week and my status is currently, again, unemployed! So this sucker is gonna have to wait!

Wait, am I the sucker or is the game a sucker?slywink
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 03:02:24 AM »

This is extremely rare -- but the street date for this game has been broken wide open by Gamestop!

Reports all over the damn place of people getting the game.   Total chaos out there.... copies selling out.    My local Gamestop denied that the date had been broken, but now reports tonight indicate that Gamestop online orders are shipping, and NewEgg has started shipping them as well in response.    Pandemonium.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »

Doesn't affect me since I'm getting it through PSN, which is considerably cheaper than retail in Norway for some (good) reason. Maybe there'll be more user-created levels for when I get it though. smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 15, 2012, 03:02:24 AM

This is extremely rare -- but the street date for this game has been broken wide open by Gamestop!

Reports all over the damn place of people getting the game.   Total chaos out there.... copies selling out.    My local Gamestop denied that the date had been broken, but now reports tonight indicate that Gamestop online orders are shipping, and NewEgg has started shipping them as well in response.    Pandemonium.

No one in my area seems to physically have the game.  The Gamestops are saying they're allowed to sell it if they get it in, but they don't have any copies in store.

EDIT:  The last one I called actually does have it, so I'll be picking it up today.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »

Scored mine today.    That is a majorly broken release date.   Original date:  Sept 25th.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »

I got the last one that they had at my local Gamestop!!!

Can't wait to check it out later today!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »

Resist! I must resist! Wife won't be happy with me getting 2 games in one week prior to having a job...
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

And here I was feeling all pleased about Europe getting a game release before the US for once, and Gamestop has to go ruin it all. Bastards! slywink
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

I buy everything digital on Vita, so unfortunately, this does nothing for me.  Still have to wait it out as I imagine Sony won't put it on the store until next Tuesday.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 15, 2012, 07:11:45 PM

I buy everything digital on Vita, so unfortunately, this does nothing for me.  Still have to wait it out as I imagine Sony won't put it on the store until next Tuesday.

Okay. The grue, Monday night borderlands2? I'll add you tonight when I get home if I remember;). And back on topic... You fuckers!!!! I grabbed this due to the forum effect... I had store credit I almost forgot about...the wife can't be mad;).
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 06:04:43 AM »

Okay, this game rocks plain and simple. Period. I Sit down and was going to "check it out"... Well, that was for 2 hrs. After I leave the "office" I'm going to play more! That's without online or anything else yet...
 Btw,I love my iPhone but autocorrect just wanted to turn anything into anthrax, without into whiteout, but it autocorrected autocorrect correctly. Roll Eyes
 Anywho, the visuals are great. Controls are great for anyone who didn't mind the "floaty-ness to them", which I Didnt and still don't.
Didn't is NOT Disney autocorrect!!!
Needless to say lbp vita is more fun than getting corrected badly by autocorrect while finishing a "movement".
So go get this game! My duel purposes post is over! icon_lol
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »

Lol I bumped report to moderator and it said you can't do that, it doesn't make any sense! Btw, a few more hrs spent and it just gets better!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »

Yeah, I am really enjoying it! This game is perfect for the Vita. It controls great and is lots of fun. The story levels are really good and I can't wait until the online is turned on this Tuesday.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »

I ended up playin this for hours! last night. So far it is my favorite lbp. It's just perfection on this platform.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:16 AM »

Played a bit more now that a firmware update and a lbp vita update were all completed. Servers seem smooth, already alot of creations showing up. I believe it said 500, and 1000 people or so were online at he time. Not bad for a week early;). This is game, for some, will sell systems. It's fantastic!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 04:37:22 AM »

So much for looking forward to playing LBP yesterday. Something is wrong with the version on the PS store, so a lot of people (me included) are getting the infamous C2-12383-7 error message. Nothing to do but wait until Sony fixes the issue, then download it all over again, I guess. Tried to download both directly on the Vita and via the PS3, but they get the same error.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »

Apparently Amazon decided if everybody else broke the street date they could as well, since my copy arrived yesterday.  Unfortunately (?) I have too many other games to play right now with Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 just releasing, so LBP will have to wait a while I think.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 02:06:29 AM »

Don't make sack boy wait!!!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 06:48:06 AM »

I just got to install the game, more than two days after I bought it. A bunch of people who bought the game from the PS Store within the 4 or so hours after launch in Europe couldn't install, and their accounts were borked for the game afterwards, which made it impossible to get the working version. I was one of the unlucky ones. Sony had to refund my purchase so I could repurchase it and get the working version, which took time. At least the game is running fine now, and I've been able to play through the first level.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 22, 2012, 06:48:06 AM

I just got to install the game, more than two days after I bought it. A bunch of people who bought the game from the PS Store within the 4 or so hours after launch in Europe couldn't install, and their accounts were borked for the game afterwards, which made it impossible to get the working version. I was one of the unlucky ones. Sony had to refund my purchase so I could repurchase it and get the working version, which took time. At least the game is running fine now, and I've been able to play through the first level.

That sucks, but glad you got it going now as it is amazing. My buddy got it yesterday, we sat down to play coop and the fool had not got far enough to play coop yet! Had to wait for him to unlock it... So maybe tonight we can play and actually make some progress!;)
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »

This game is hard to put down. I'm midway through the third world now and just got a pin for being in the top 5% of a story score board. Got into 74th place on a level the first time I tried it. That was satisfying. smile

This is the rare kind of game where a handheld version isn't a lesser version of its big brother in any way, shape or form. In fact, everything points towards this being the ultimate version of Little Big Planet at the moment. Too bad we can't play LBP2-levels though, as I thought I'd heard that they were going to be playable.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 02:39:50 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 22, 2012, 09:33:37 PM

This game is hard to put down. I'm midway through the third world now and just got a pin for being in the top 5% of a story score board. Got into 74th place on a level the first time I tried it. That was satisfying. smile

This is the rare kind of game where a handheld version isn't a lesser version of its big brother in any way, shape or form. In fact, everything points towards this being the ultimate version of Little Big Planet at the moment. Too bad we can't play LBP2-levels though, as I thought I'd heard that they were going to be playable.

This game is simply stunning. Agreed. I'm actually gonna play some more here soon...
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 03:23:36 AM »

I have a somewhat silly question. What orientation is the game assuming I'm holding the Vita when I play? Meaning, does it assume a neutral position is with the unit 'flat' as in parallel with the ground? I ask because I tend to slouch down and play with it upright and that means my Sackboy is practically always looking down at his feet as we're running around. Can I reset that somehow?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »

I don't know when it resets, but it does. I usually hold my Vita upright in front of me when playing, and sometimes Sackboy will look down when I do so, while other times he will be perfectly normal. I think the game may calibrate this between levels or something. To be safe, just keep the Vita in the same position you will use to play it when you boot up the game.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  thumbsup

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:41 AM »