http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 08:47:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vita] Escape Plan  (Read 323 times)
MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Somewhat interested in this but it's been getting mixed reviews from what I've read out there. So was curious if anyone here had pulled the trigger and what they thought. Thanks.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

It's fun at first, but I kinda got bored of it. The controls being a bit touchy/slow didn't help either.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:56 PM »

I'm really enjoying it.  I find the art style charming and cool.  And I think the controls are clever.  However, they can be a bit too clever at times.  There are some moves that are a bit awkward (the pinch swipe using the front and back is a big one).  However, there have been a couple of moments where I thought I was meant to do a few awkward moves quickly in a way that just wasn't possible, but then realized that the actual solution was less cumbersome.

Overall, I think it's one of the top releases for the Vita.  Between this and the Blob game, they've come out of the gate with two good download only titles.  I probably play Escape Plan more, since the levels are all quick hit (Mutant Blobs Attack levels can go on a bit).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:19:38 AM »

They just released a new patch for this game.  It adds some new free DLC called Bakuki’s Lair with 19 new levels and also supposedly fixed some control issues with fast swipes and front and back taps should be more precise, etc. 

The controls were one of my biggest sticking points with this initially, so I'm downloading the patch to see if it fixes my issues.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: