http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 04:53:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vita] Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified  (Read 713 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »

they've announced a separate CoD Vita title that's due out in November.

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified is scheduled for a November release and is set between the events in Black Ops and Black Op II with its own unique single-player campaign. Multiplayer will support online play over WiFi with four vs four matches with game modes including Team Deathmatch, Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed.

A Black Ops - Declassified PS Vita bundle was also announced that comes with the WiFi version of the handheld that has a custom back panel. There's also a custom Black Ops - Declassified carrying pouch.

yep, they're having a special bundle too.  I may keep an eye out for it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »

Looks promising.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »

first review I've seen, and all I have to say is ouch.   I may have grabbed this for single player, but:

The single player campaign plays out through ten missions, no longer than ten minutes each. If you were to sit and play the game you would easily be able to beat the campaign in under an hour.

maybe they're exaggerating, but since it appears no review copies were sent out (IGN says they didn't receive one) but for now it's a pass.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »

Yikes, that's too bad.  Not that I'm really a Call of Duty fan at all, but I was hoping for a good Vita FPS.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »

This has abeen the word on the street. The MP is supposed to be decent, but if you have a wi-fi only vita then you might as well just play the real thing on the console.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 05:52:13 AM »

My understanding is that the developers got less than a year of development time on this title from Activision. There's no way you can deliver quality in that time, particularly not when you're developing for a new platform. Compare that with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which apparently had nearly 3 years.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »

Giant Bomb gave it 1 Star (out of 5)

I understand the developers were probably put in a no-win situation with not enough time or experience on the system, but the title quote echos my own thoughts on that: "You'd think that the people in charge of the Call of Duty franchise would be more protective of it than this."  Activision should have maybe let it cook for a few more months rather than being a black mark on the series, but I guess they'll still probably sell a ton to consumers who are none the wiser.    disgust

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 03:30:40 AM »

A friend that I warned of this still picked it up, I got a chance to try it. 0.5. Abysmal. The most unpolished, unfinished game I've ever had the well, unpleasure to play...

I'm loving the "un"'s today! eek
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:40 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 14, 2012, 05:52:13 AM

My understanding is that the developers got less than a year of development time on this title from Activision. There's no way you can deliver quality in that time, particularly not when you're developing for a new platform. Compare that with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which apparently had nearly 3 years.

Yeah, I heard that they got a whole 5 months to work on the game....and it shows. I can't believe that they have the balls to charge $50 for this! I mean come on. It's absolute garbage. frown

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:33:50 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 18, 2012, 12:26:40 AM

Yeah, I heard that they got a whole 5 months to work on the game....and it shows. I can't believe that they have the balls to charge $50 for this! I mean come on. It's absolute garbage. frown

The old joke about placing poop in a box and putting a popular brand name on it to make it sell to rabid fans suddenly isn't quite as funny any more.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 18, 2012, 12:33:50 AM

Quote from: Hetz on November 18, 2012, 12:26:40 AM

The old joke about placing poop in a box and putting a popular brand name on it to make it sell to rabid fans suddenly isn't quite as funny any more.
[/

Aweful, unfinished mess. This has to the worst "game" I have played on years. Maybe ever. The end result is like a bad tech demo. It just screams "we didn't care"...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 07:46:54 AM »

Oh no, self quoting happened icon_lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: